[Suggestion] Hardcore Infiltration - but dangeeeer, people would need to THINK.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vanus Aran, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Vanus Aran

... and it looks like they dont like that. People who are to lazy to stop ghostcappers and stuff, y' know.

My still pissed-off over Biolabroof-nerfs self thought about how to improve the experience of playing an Infiltrator even further. I was thinking about an Carmo that lasts 20 seconds on max-rank.
    But while you use it, you cannot shot of course. You can deactive it with trying to shot tough.

This carmo doesnt make you invisible, but instead carmoflages you as member of another empire!
    You must chose which one tough, dont forget to update for every situation. 20 seconds active. 10 seconds recharge. Also special helmet-sets and armor-sets are turning in the opposite empires piece if available.
    The carmo would turn you into anything at random but an Lightassault or Max.

Advantages
    - You can fool the eyes of the enemy for a longer time.
    - Agentfeeling enhanced instead of "assassin-feeling".
    - You can still hack. You can still stab people. You can still throw grenades.
    - You are visible on the minimap for allys and enemys as an ally.

Disdvantages
    - Kinda useless to approach from an allied zerg from, since you will confuse your allys more instead of your enemys.
    - The danger of enemy players knowing your name and blowing your cover instantly.
    - Shooting will disrupt your cloak and deactivate it.

Also I suggest SOE to make it impossible for characters to run around without a rank.
    Like in a military, they should always be obligated to have an rank.
    Examples
    TR - 'Glorious Defender'
    NC - 'Free Privat'
    VS - 'Evolved Fighter'

^
    and to reward awareness and closely looking players, even an Infiltrator impersonating another empires Soldiers is always displaying the rank only available in the own faction.

Your opinion?
  2. Ztiller

No. Just no.

You cannot have game mechanic that encourages Friendly fire in a game with 100% friendly-fire damage.

All you would end up with are a bunch of pissed off, raging, teamkilling children.
    • Up x 2
  3. Vanus Aran

??????????????????

Hmmmm, while the cloak is active, friendly fire brings no penalty.
  4. A 59 c

Sorry VA but that is a terrible idea. One of the many great things about this game is the team play and this idea is a challenge to it
    • Up x 1
  5. Tar

Where is the part about the infiltration?
  6. Mythicrose12

...It'll bring more tears than Vanu wearing Giraffe several months ago.
  7. Hoki

I already kill all giraffes and let vanu sort it out.
  8. Rustygun

9. Gisgo

Everybody would shoot infiltrators on sight, friendly or foe doesnt matter, because you never know...
    You think its a good idea? :p
  10. AnuErebus

Except for everyone who isn't an infiltrator you mean? All this would do is encourage people to shoot targets of their own faction if they weren't sure if they're friendly or not. This isn't TF2 with no friendly damage where you can easily spy check and be done with it. Bullets hurt, and having empires shooting each other because there might be a spy will not help the current team killing problems.
  11. Hypest

12. MrForz

You might be looking for a cloaking change then. Much longer time cloaked, if you get shot or harmed by any kind of damage including fall damage, you're revealed and on cooldown. People will get to play their wannabe-infiltrating-silent-assassin, ennemies will be able to check the area.
  13. Vanus Aran

Maybe SOE shouldnt give the players so many reasons to rage?

I hate it when an Sunderer is deployed in a stupid location.
    Also I hate people who dont leave teleporterrooms for several minutes.
    Nowadays I hate Lightassaults a bit more: Everyone should TK them to protest against the lame change of Biolabroofs near the Spawnbuilding.

But what am I talking about? Back to topic.
    As you know, this ability would be for coordinated play outside of massiv zergs or smart used inside of the enemy zerg.
  14. Rudmed

Kinda reminds me of Trouble in Terrorist Town (It plays kinda like Mafia, but Counter Strike instead of cards) , which in turn makes this less ideal. In the games of Mafia and Trouble in Terrorist town, you have a rather static player pool. However, in PS2 people can literally drop from the sky. Player names are also not the most noticeable detail in the middle of a warzone. So tell me, how are you going to know who is a traitor or "agent" and who is a friend with an ever increasing/decreasing player pool?

I'm sorry but this kinda idea just does not fit into PS2 well.