Why don't people revive maxes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Will 1111, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DukeFlash

Some medics honestly do not know they can revive MAXes, they think engineers do that.
    The rest of the people: for the same reason(s) they won't switch to engineer and repair damaged MAXes.
    They are either too lazy or simply don't care.
    • Up x 1
  2. LynxFury

I alway revive maxs as the top priority when playing a med--that it when they can be. One of problems is many maxes died in the worse places thinking they can survive an entire squad laying down lead in a kill zone--and of course dying a quick death. I leave those alone until the area is reasonably secure.
    • Up x 3
  3. zib1911

I think its a timed thing, you can't revive people after a certain amount of time. I should test it, but I am lazy.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ourous

I've been rez-blocked because I roll pounders xD
    • Up x 1
  5. Chipay

I think you might forget that, if a player is dead for more than 60 seconds, you can't revive him anymore, which is probably why Medics don't revive the max that has been dead for some time...
    • Up x 2
  6. Phyr

If you died in the middle of the enemy zerg you're **** out of luck.
  7. Ghosy01

i dont revive maxes unless there is an engi with me which rarely happens theya re all busy camping the nearest hill sniping with av turret
  8. MiZrY

It is annoying not get a revive, but I find it 100x more annoying when engineers don't repair.
    • Up x 2
  9. Pikachu

Yesterday was first time I can remember when I was killed by a pounder MAX!

On topic, when I started playing this game I was unsure how MAXes related to medics and engineers. I'm not surprised if new players are.
  10. Ourous

Your signature says fix drop on the pounders, and I can tell you that this is their advantage; many kills have I gained from tanks hiding behind a shallow ridge.

Entirely unrelated to discussion, but your signature sparked some annoyance.
  11. gualty

This.
    100%
  12. RoMoronik666

If you walked around with a cadre of engineers you wouldn't need reviving.
  13. MikSchultzy

For a while I honestly did not know I could revive maxes while playing as a medic.

That said, once I figured it out, I revive them just as I would any other player. Soon as I can get them with cover or so they don't go right back down.

I wish there was a way to indicate who could and could not be revived though. Going through the trouble to get to someone, only to find they can't be revived... Ugh!
    • Up x 2
  14. Roadwarrior82

That's why YOU never ever died in a max suit so far?

I do revive them. Because I know they love me for it and almost every MAX says "Thank you!" :)
  15. SClaw

You see waves of ‘**** play all the time.

You’ll have a whole line of mana turrets all blazing away and a hundred players behind the engis begging for ammo, but not one of them will look up and help you. And the same is true for medics; some nights I’ll be laying there, dead, and watch as dozens of little pluses travel back and forth over my corpse. Hello you guys, literally free XP? No… you don’t like XP?

Being a MAX makes no difference. Some people are just blind, deaf and stupid. They probably just like the white helmet and have no idea you can revive people at all.

Other times, of course, you’ll be swimming in ammo packs and medics will virtually brawl over your body to get you back up.

That’s just how it is.
    • Up x 1
  16. datfluttershy

Well i can tell you i normaly revive everyone i can get to. Well apart from the idiots that die in front of a spawn room... thoose ppl are not worth my time.
  17. tbot

I think MAXes should not be reviveble anyway.
    • Up x 1
  18. FateJH

I was not aware of that rule.
  19. The King

Which is a sad thing to do.
    Many engineers don't repair and many MAXes use nano repair when they know there's no engineers around to bother to repair..
    This will get them back to full life soon enough. No reason to run over their body if you do not have a pet engineer.
  20. Kristan

When I play as Medic, MAXes are top priority for me, because I'm UniMAX as well. No matter if there's engie, or not, lot of MAXes have self repair, so they can just leave for safe spot to regenerate or get fixed by engie.