[Suggestion] Forumside - Temporary bans

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wezdor, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wezdor

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, but it is discussing the gameplay of Forumside 2.

Could we finally introduce temporary bans to the forums? 10, 20, 30 minutes and up to 2 hours for anyone that refuses to be constructive in any possible way and their sole intention of being on the forums is to sh*t up the place.

In my opinion, these people need to be handed timeouts (and regularly) to let them think about what they've done. When they decide to be constructive, they can come back.

The sooner this gets done, the sooner we can have quality Forumside.
  2. Cyridius

There are already bans.

I would know, I've had like 7 of them.
  3. Arquin

So you wanna censor players whodont say wut u want?

This bad idea, and totalitarism.

Bad ppl like op cud abuse this too bad. No to this.
  4. Wezdor

You are the first in line of candidates to be handed bans. Get off the forums already, don't you have homework to do?
  5. Arquin

I hav ever right tp say my opinion like u do.
  6. Morticai

The point is to keep people from mucking up threads with uninformed opinions like yours. It's not totalitarism, it's a business. Here you won't find freedom of speech, you'll find a list of rules to play in this area with the rest of the folks. Don't like it? Don't drop by, but the moment you start claiming censorship, remember that this forum isn't the U.S. of A..

Anyway, more permanent bans may be ideal for anyone that has received enough warnings.
    • Up x 1
  7. Wezdor

Don't reply to him anymore though, it gives him more incentive to sh*t up the forums further.
  8. KlyptoK

They do ban people. They just don't always see it the same way you do.

There is an ignore function on this form for personal differences and preferences.
  9. Bolticus

Stew360 would be gone half of the time.
    :p
    • Up x 2
  10. Wezdor

Eh, Stew only lacks English comprehension. He is not intentionally ******** up the place.
  11. Bolticus

He kind of is trying to mess up the place.
    Recently he's been posting using bold, size 7 font! :eek:
  12. Slaidd

I guess NOT having OP in charge of bannings is a VERY good thing.

Don't have the ability to debate people with different view points as you in the arena of ideas? Ban them! Silence them! Censor them! Then audit them! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  13. Arquin

He'd make the perfect representative of RIAA
  14. Hosp

I'm gonna say no. ANet does this for GW2 forums. You can't even tell someone "good idea" w/o getting a warning for being off topic.
  15. Wezdor

I was refering to threads and posts made by people such as Arquin, not people that have different views or ideas.
  16. Vreki

You just need to use the tools already at hand:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Arquin

The problem is, how do you reliably differentiate them and where do you draw the line.

Thats why your idea is generally bad, although it might help with the general cesspoolness, its also making the place have far worse rules thsn it does now.
  18. IamDH

[IMG]
  19. DG-MOD-02

Closing this down now. Please contact the forum admin if you have concerns regarding moderation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.