weapon wish list for tweeter Higby!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joe smo, Jun 9, 2013.

1. vulkkan

Would a 167 damage TR carbine really be too much to ask for?
    • Up x 1
  2. Chipay

That's a Vanu specific gun called "lasher", besides, we already have UBGL...
  3. Dr.Destro229

longer range NV scopes for our guns and something other then shotguns for the NC max
  4. Rown

The Lasher.

Fix it.
  5. treeHamster

Could we get a VS pistol that can kill something? Anything?

I feel like the my knife is scarier than my Beamer.
    • Up x 1
  6. Kireles

Manticore isn't too bad, honestly
  7. VSMars

An AMR sniper rifle. Basically, a way to make a "mobility kill" on a vehicle (halving the speed and lowering climbing ability maybe, if the idea of sniping ESFs out of the sky at a klick or more seems not quite balanced) - for a short time or until someone repairs it. Optionally with fancier options like EMP or sensor (basically a sniper version of a proximity detector dart, negates vehicle stealth on the attached vehicle and auto-lights it up on your side's HUDs) rounds.
  8. Liberty

I'll let others fill in stuff for their factions. Since play TR I'll say the TR need a 1000-1200 RPM AR / Carbine similar to the FAMAS G2. Balanced accordingly.

Seeing as the M249 LMG can pump out 25 more RPM than the Carv, I think its time the TR see's a 850-900 RPM LMG.
    • Up x 1
  9. treeHamster

I have a Commissioner that I threw into my load outs. It's better hands down. I certed the Manticore as well since they dropped the price by half, but I haven't gotten the laser sight for flashlight for it yet (I get the flashlight for all the pistols I cert as a gag gift to myself).
  10. BengalTiger

The Original SAW isn't nearly as fast firing as the MG 42...

A 1200 RPM machine gun would need an overheat mechanic though.
  11. Cinnamon

One thing I don't want are the TR high rate of fire weapons that were supposed to be our faction trait. They would have to be hopelessly bad and the forums would still be full of crying about how TR was too strong becuase high rate of fire is all that matters in the game.
  12. Wintermaulz

It would be balance by much lower damage and higher magazine size
    • Up x 2
  13. joe smo

Indeed sir, silly me I was not thinking, if I could edit the original now I would gladly add a few more ideas and a link your thread there. Also thanks for the link.
    :/ just more experience for future threads :)

If anyone else has links to existing ideas for NC and VS feel free to link them here, TR too but I am sure EliteEskimo's thread has 90% of all TR's ideas covered.
    • Up x 1
  14. eldarfalcongravtank

- empire-specific automatic sidearms (micro-uzi, glock18, mac10... all in ps2 style)
    - nanite submachine gun
    - flamethrowers
    - emp grenades
    - infantry mortar for heavy assault
    - large mortar for sunderer ('mortar carrier')
    - artillery gun/howitzer for lightning
  15. Rhapsody

The lasher doesn't shoot around corners unless you count the 1ft edge of the corner, it doesn't 'bounce' off a wall to go further into the room.

And yea.. we have an under-barrel, single shot, grenade launcher who's firing arc is about as good as a soaking-wet noodle.

The 'thumper' from PS1 was a 'true' squad support grenade launcher. 6 shots, no 'rifle' attached to it. and could 'efficiently' clear a room that was being a trouble-spot, not 'toss one grenade, wait 5 seconds to reload, fire another.....'.
    • Up x 2
  16. sindz

How come DUST 514 has teh best weapon design, and PS2 looks god awfull?

And where is this NS gun in PS2? :(

[IMG]
  17. Rhapsody

Because Dust 514 is designed by CCP.. who has been designing 'far future' designed items and weapons for years. Planetside (1 and 2) has always been more of a 'near future' style design. Weapons that are still loosely based off current tech (except for the VS stuff).
  18. sindz

Well seeing SOE is involved in both games, wouldnt it be easier just to get "inspired" from the Dust team?

[IMG]

Im sad for the design in this game, everyone gun is a clone of each other more or less.
  19. Rhapsody

Thats a misconception.

Unlike Microsoft and X-Box Live (in which microsoft forces any multiplayer game developers to use 'their' systems and work closely with them in doing so) SOE lets CCP Host Dust514 on THEIR servers, while giving the PS3's software that tells it how to connect to the CCP Servers (SOE lets outside servers connect to their Playstation Network). The only real 'involvement' SOE has with DUST 514 is in working with CCP to make sure it connects with their network, and making sure the game runs on the PS3's. They have no collaboration with the game itself.
  20. sindz

I stand corrected then, but its a shame, when you see such superior weapon designs.