Exp gain within shield has to be cut down by 75%

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tamas, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Fned

Every time someone posts a thread like this, some illiterate loser skips past the entire post and posts this response on the first page.

Every.

Time.

o_O
    • Up x 2
  2. Tasogie

who exactly are you to decide who is illiterate looser?.. Sorry but he is right. 100% of the fault is the morons who sit outside shield spamming it for some stupid **** reason an like the op who was killed because he got stupid, comes here an spams forums demanding nerfs for something that is his fault.

The always skip over they little fact that the people who get camped in should NOT be punished because the cod cowboys wanna spawn camp. Because they are camped in, they deserve every xp they can get, not to mention the fun of killing the single digit IQ peanuts who get killed outside the shield.
  3. Fned

OP: It's frustrating being in a spawn room and no one will mount an effective counterattack because they get rewarded for staying in the room.

BraSS: Well don't stand in front of the spawn room shields then, *******.

I didn't decide anything. BraSS decided to be illiterate.

Choosing not to read has the same effect as not being able to.

People sitting in the spawn room are doing so selfishly at the cost of not helping their faction. The only reason they're in there is the same psychological reason that some people can't stop playing slot machines: every once in a while, they get a payoff.

If there was no payoff, they'd find a way to break out, or go do something useful somewhere else.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tasogie

Oh really?... so when you step outside the shield an INSTANTLY nuked by 10 tanks an 50 infantry, its your own fault for not killing them all yourself.....
    Why should the game be sped up so you dont have to wait for 5 mins, this sint cod where its all handed to you on a plate just for showing up.if you wanna camp like a silly cod4 acolyte, you can wait for 5 mins to gain your "free" exp.
  5. Fned

This is exactly what I was talking about when I spoke of willful illiteracy.
    • Up x 4
  6. Tasogie

ignorance an laziness seem to be a trait in this forum, think I am done bothering.
  7. Zotamedu

[IMG]
    Problem solved
    • Up x 1
  8. Vreki

So each time my team is bundled up inside and refuses to push, I will just kindly ask the enemy outside to move a bit, so that the kids are not temped to stay inside the shields?
  9. KlyptoK

Absolutely!

There is nothing productive they will be doing for the empire while playing duck hunt behind the shields.

Then that's an issue with base capture mechanics.

Did you even read the Original Post? Can you read?

Seriously, why are you people even posting?

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. cfnz

Well, no but there's more than one issue here. If there were no enemies within the field of fire out of the spawn room people wouldn't be able to shoot at them. Getting them to leave the safety of the spawn is another problem. ow can you make peopl enot care about getting killed or care about something more than getting killed, i.e the bases.

I think this is part of it, along with base layouts, player mentality and mulitple other things I've not thought of at the moment.
  11. Tasogie

Its amusing you are arrogant enough to demand that anyone in spawn room be free exp for you an its just tough **** for them, but if they get any exp you come to forums waving your pantys an crying how unjust it is....
  12. Gorion

On the other hand: guy who's camping a spawn should explode instantly!
    • Up x 1
  13. Tasogie

camping the spawns is a offshoot of the inept gamers from cod, they dont really know how to do anything els, an as you can see from some of the posters here, they demand anyone caught in spawn room, instantly be free exp without any way to get it themselves...
    This is what your up against, SOE caters to these idiots....
  14. Gorion

yeah here my idea: random spawn locations... just somewhere in an OP ^^
  15. Tasogie

I would love to see random spawns, but trouble is, since the forum warriors tried an moaned for the drop pod system to be changed, it make it all but impossible for people to play with their friends 90% of time.
  16. Vreki

I have no respect for spawncamping either, but the game kind of requires you to do so.
    You need to watch for new spawners constantly or they will ghostcap a point. But at the same time, you are unable to secure the base and move on before some arbitrary timer runs out.

So you end up with the two sides just staring at each-other through a shield for 5-10 minutes.
    The attackers are unable to push further or leave, while the defenders usually shows little interest in doing either too.
    • Up x 1
  17. SClaw

Elegant solution; if the cap timer is on anyone in the spawn room sees a really bright flashing warning light and a really annoying alarm sound plays relentlessly.

WAAAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAH WAAAAH WAAAH WAAAAH

If they want to sit through that to grind KD, then fair enough.
    • Up x 3
  18. Goretzu

Given that this only really occurs when one faction is vastly outnumbered, actually they are probably helping their faction by tying up vast numbers of spawn campers that might otherwise move on with the zerg and dominated the continent much more quickly.
  19. makrome

I have a better idea.
    As soon the point flips, all hostiles explode instantly.
    No need to wait, no need to camp.
    Noone has to be jealous of some XP points someone else gets.
  20. Tamas

Hilarious how people don't read before posting.

I'm talking about being inside. The team killing happens when you try to rush out of the spawn and you get killed by people who just sit in spawn room and shoot outside. It happens when there are too many players in the spawn room and they ALL want to shoot out, but there isn't enough space.

I'm not talking about removing shields or complaining about attackers getting killed. I'm talking about the defending team rather sitting inside a safe zone than trying to defend the objectives. Most bases are lost because people don't leave the goddamn spawn room.

So many leet players that post before they read.
    • Up x 2