For those who say the Lasher sucks

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Nepau, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Nepau

So the Lasher is one of the worst weapons in the game?

Well thats news to me

• Up x 1
  2. Prince Planet

Well with respect, I seriously doubt most of those "kills" were against full health opponents and solo. Either someone damaged them before or during your engagement.

Simply the Lasher isn't that powerful. You had many 2 or 3 shot kills and that just doesn't happen.

If anyone saw the video differently I'd be happy to know.
    • Up x 2
  3. Rhiaci

To be honest, i'd think you'd have done better with a real rifle.
    • Up x 2
  4. Nepau

Most of those solo kills indeed where me vs 1 opponent. The video was edited to fit the music so for some of them you would not see all of the shots.
  5. kryvian

:\

YES! I TOTALLY AGREE THE LASHER IS OP AND SHOULD BE NERFED!

:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  6. Mekhazzio

It sounds like you were going for sarcasm, but the video actually works pretty well at making a case for the straight argument. That's a pretty good compilation of scenarios where you'd have gotten better results using nearly anything else except the Lasher.
    • Up x 3
  7. GalacticBulge

The Lasher is slowly growing on me. It's obviously great for area-denial like doorways and such, but I'm starting to find that it can chew through Maxes rather quickly, especially if you're shooting down on them.
  8. Buphalo

All I saw in that video is quite a bit of facepalmingly bad play all around. Perfect example is at 2:35 where you run into 2 NC Heavies and tunnel vision on the 1 that doesnt even know you exist, while the horribad 2nd heavy fires at you for 5+ seconds and hits you maybe twice before you finally figure out someone is shooting you and kill him before moving on to the original heavy you were firing at, who I am fairly sure in a 10+ second firefight never fired a round. Just bad play on all parts.

If you want to make a video showing that a gun isn't as bad as it is percieved to be than get some footage of the gun doing some purely amazing ****, not a compilation of unspectacular kills against mostly near dead(and probably braindead) enemies.

I agree with what a few others have said above, you would have been much better off using any other gun.
    • Up x 2
  9. Deladin

Actually most of those kills in the video shows the lashers advantage, most of the time he got kills with his crosshairs never really even crossing the intended target. With a real rifle he would have died multiple times. I was watching his crosshairs, they spent more time shoot around the intended target. The fact is, if you tried doing the crazy ADAD with an NC LMG you would miss just as many if not more of the shots, but have no splash damage as the projectile went by.

But for the record everyone calling the Lasher weak are just using it wrong. In typical fashion, everyone wants to be a one man killing machine. The Lasher does not work that way, it is an area denial, and a huge force multiplyer with you have just 2 or 3 working in a small space. In biolabs the lasher wreaks havoc. Sure you may not get all the kills, but you damage nearly every enemy drying to rush out a door that your teammates have no problem finishing them off. I bet Lashers get extreme assist XP in Biolabs.
  10. Van Dax

The thing is area denial doesn't work when the guy can walk around in the area you are firing into, calmly locate you and kill you with his carbine before his shields even drop. I use it a lot, its not underpowered per se but it is extremely frustrating as 90% of the time I would have done a better job suppressing an area with an LMG that could actually kill people.
  11. ih8Darian

This doesn't prove that the lasher is good at all, it's just you killing a couple guys while you shoot first every time. I can show a video of me getting 50 beamer kills all of which I shoot first and die 1000 times in the process and say beamer doesn't suck, but would that make sense?
  12. Nepau

Well I honestly did this video as much for fun as anything. Thing with the lasher is yes there will be tons of times where X or Y is better, but I find the Lasher to be fairly flexible to match a situation. I did have some good area denial footage, but I really didn't think someone wanted to watch me corral a Max around for 30 seconds and finish him with a knife.

TBH I probably should have tossed this more into the Off topic forum, I really didn't intend this to be used as a argument for or against weapon balance.
  13. Hypest

Lasher animation is still sick. They should do something similar with the other heavy specials.
    • Up x 1
  14. Badname82

If you are aiming the lasher you are doing it wrong. Spray and pray the purple phallus cannon is the way to go. Its excellent when you are too drunk to use normal guns.

The lasher is totally worth the lolz. It really sucks to be on the receiving end. Purple **** balls in my face is humiliating.
    • Up x 1
  15. ghnurbles

I like the Lasher, but it's too situational to be worth carrying at the moment (most of the kills in the video could have been done faster with a different weapon). If I could carry the Lasher in my launcher slot I'd use it more often.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nogrim313

its a great weapon made useless in most areas by stupid teammates and weapons lock, some moron always runs straight in to a sustained stream and then cause the splash to hit multiple allies. when i use it in facilities its almost always some BR10 ****** who runs in front of me while i'm suppressing a doorway and then detonates the splash in my face and usually anyone else near me

in all honesty i want my money back for it just due to the weapons lock problems, if an ally detonates the splash under 10-20 m they are the ones who deserve the grief points
  17. Swordlord

The Lasher is an excellent suppression and denial weapon, especially when used in pairs or threes to deny the enemy access to a vital location. As a Heavy Assault weapon, it's ok, but not particularly stellar at the role.

The one thing the Lasher truly excels at is inducing eye-strain headaches on anyone viewing those lurid purple disco-balls-of-spam for extended periods. :p
    • Up x 1
  18. Frosty The Pyro

I run a lasher almost all the time on my VS.

It hits fairly hard (150+75 splash is 225 on a direct hit), has a huge mag and is hilarous. Yes its inferior in a normal small scale fire fight, but its not SO inferior that I will give up the joy of killing folks around cover and corners, riping maxes apart (maxes only receive 25% resistance to lasher direct shots compared to the 80-87.5% resitance maxes enjoy against other guns), or spam cannoning a doorway. I kinda wish I could rename my VS character to "Deadly Disco Dan" or something along those lines.
    • Up x 2
  19. Rithlar

It does suck, and you can make any weapon look good by just cherry picking kill shots from different battles. Its rate of fire is so bad that most other guns can shoot 3 bullets to the lashers one. So, even with the 225 dmg, you are rapidly out damaged and killed. It only really shines when enemies are clustered in a doorway, but then all they have to do is charge you because the spash damage will kill you.
    • Up x 1
  20. MaxDamage

If I was VS I'd use lasher a lot.
    I play in high graphics and at night the light is blinding and splash damage is mental. I hate that ****, it reminds me truly of lashers in PS1, and worse maybe with all the pretty effects.