Do you prefer to pick a server where your side in dominant or underdog?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Kimble

A server with tons of population on your side or kind of lower pop for your side?
  2. InfraRedPS

I just want an even number, overpopulation is boring and underpopulation is always a frustrating defend/retreat scenario.
    • Up x 6
  3. Jestunhi

I pick a server where people I know are playing. That's how I pick a side too.

This applies to just about all MMOs.
  4. hansgrosse

I generally go for the underdog/outnumbered faction. That's why I went with Helios NC back in the day, because at the time they were outpopulated by TR and especially by VS's Tobuscus fan horde of doom.

Ah, the nostalgia. Good times...
  5. Macchus

i wanted to be TR . Waterson had good overall pop . thats it .
  6. Frosty The Pyro

I chose my servers based on the server name and how much it tickled my wimsy and nothing else.
  7. Konfuzfanten

Same here, i play with my friends, but if i had to pick i would go with the underpop fraction and i do ofc play Vanu on Ceres.

Yea it can be underpopulation frustrating being the underdog, but i love to defend towers, biolaps, amp stations and tech plants. Only problem with being the underdog is when you get rolled over by +30 tanks and aircrafts zerg.
  8. Riku

Balanced or Underdog
    • Up x 1
  9. travbrad

I prefer underpopulation as long as it's not too extreme. More enemies means more kills/action.
  10. Stanis

Pretty much even would be my ideal.
    No faction below 30%
  11. Gisgo

12. Thrustin

balanced to a bit underdog. Always gives me something to do.
  13. Van Dax

I picked the server that had the most people total at the time I would be able to play, my side being horribly underpop is a bonus.
  14. Andrea SKye

Underdog, but only when its close. like -5% or so. Any less you just guna get stomped.
  15. SgtBreastroker

Ideal.

Except that rarely happens on Briggs. We are run by 4th factioners jumping all over the damn place.
  16. Incarnus

Pick a server? o_O
    Ohh if only I had a choice, living in Australia and all.
    It doesn't really matter which faction you pick on Briggs, everyone seems to have be the underdog at some point.

TR was suffering huge under-pop a few months ago (-10% server pop constant, worse in alerts) then last month we were overpopulated, now we're back to being underpopulated. Mainly because of those damn 4th factioners!
  17. FIN Faravid

Underdog or balanced, the time i joined Ceres NC had most players, but at prime time i noticed TR having most :( Still its somewhat balanced.
  18. Terrarion

usually the underdog. thats how i got to nc long before maggie got nerfed, flinch changed.
  19. Azereiah

Underdog or balanced.
    I'm masochistic and like fighting losing battles.

Problem is, that's hard as a VS on Mattherson. 4th Faction ruined it >:c
  20. impost3r

Overpopulated. Who likes losing?