When did weapons start sliding around in your hands?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceKing, Jun 6, 2013.

1. SpaceKing

When did weapons start sliding around in your hands? And how do I turn it off?
  2. Fned

1. For quite a while at least.
    2. Alt+F4
    • Up x 1
  3. HellasVagabond

Let's be serious shall we ? Alt+F4 will close your game and get you back to Desktop, don't even try to use it :)
  4. Fned

What? He asked how he could turn it off, and that is how you do it. I don't see a problem. ;)
    • Up x 4
  5. NikkoJT

I've noticed in a lot of games weapons actually sway slightly out of sync with your hands' sway animation, resulting in clipping and "sliding". It really pisses me off, especially when it happens in cutscenes too.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fned

It's a cheap way of making the weapons look like they have a bit of weight.
  7. NikkoJT

But when you're holding something, even if it's heavy, it doesn't slide around in your hand like a feather on wet ice. This effect actually makes them look less heavy, and the clipping it causes makes the fact that it's not solid painfully apparent.
  8. Codeak

What op is reffering to is the weapon having a different sway animation then the hand itself, this leads to a clipping between the gun and hand of your character.
  9. RANDOMpercentage

It's been like this since GU9. I really wish they'd fix this already. Many times I've seen people pretend to jack off with med-kit/C4 detanator in their hand.
    • Up x 3
  10. Makora

It's annoying. But as Random said above, some people can entertain themselves for quite some time with the injector or the C4 detonator.

It's quite nice during long cap pauses.
  11. Camycamera

i've got to try that.
  12. GSZenith

well my vanguard and sundy and any other vehicle for that matter has started to slide while being parked on flat ground so...
    THE WORLD IS NOT ROUND BUT FLAT?!! AND IT IS TILTING! RUN
    :eek:
  13. Nocturnal7x

Yea, I noticed this maybe GU07 or so, its stupid, looks stupid and they should fix it.

Warning, video gets a little sexy at the end.

14. Drealgrin

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. Adjuchas

That's hilarious! Is it an NC only thing? I don't have this problem with TR stuff.
  16. KAHR-Alpha

That issue also seems to be affecting your character when it's sitting on a flash, the hands are above the handles and not in sync anymore.
  17. shd

Yea, it's most noticeable when you are running with a handgun or a medkit. It looks like they are lubed up and you are "working" them :p

I did also notice this on the NC heavy so it could be their "thing" (can't check now).
  18. Kunavi

I must be blind... I'm so trying this next time I log in, never noticed it.. They need to fix this YESTERDAY.