Planetside 2 Crashing Continuously Within 5 Minutes - New Census

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AnimatedOsprey, Jun 5, 2013.

1. AnimatedOsprey

I've been playing Planetside 2 for quite a while now and over time, I have been experiencing crashing more and more commonly. I used to not experience them at all but now it's getting to the point where I can't even play the game for 5 minutes and sometimes it crashes within ONE minute... I have a decent PC, I mean I'm pretty sure I should be able to run this game. Can someone please help me out? (Also I have been hearing rumors of users with a 32 bit OS having this issue because minimal specs require 4GB RAM but in my case...)
    Specs:

GPU: GTX 690 4GB
    CPU: i7 2880 @ 4.2
    RAM: 16GB
    PSU: Corsair 750W
    MOBO: Z77 EVGA

I also use other gaming peripherals but that shouldn't matter... I have heard of sending tickets with DxDiag information which I would be glad to do if nobody has a quicker/simpler fix. Thanks!
    • Up x 1
  2. Athessu

Since GU9 I have been getting very consistent freezes and lock ups, I have noticed these happen most frequently while in vehicle third person view.

Since GU10 I have been getting even more frequent crashes to desktop. The game window simply vanishes instantly without causing a big 'not responding' lockup like GU9 crashes.

My specs:

EVGA GTX 660 ti
    AMD Phenom 2 x6 2.7GHz
    m4a88t-m motherboard
    12gb corsair vengeance 1600MHz.
    Windows 7 64 bit.
  3. JamesCDenton

Same stuff has been happening to me as well.

Windows XP
    Asus 6670 1gb DDR5
    AMD Althon II X2 3.0ghz
    4gb Corsair DD2
  4. monk1junk1

post gu9 I was crashing very often, like every half an hour or so and my FPS was between 30 and 60 when in reality it should be much higher. Since GU10, I've been getting framerates of about 70-90 in major battles and anywhere up to 130 in the VR.

Windows 7 x64
    Asus P8Z77 V-PRO motherboard
    16gb ram
    i7 3770 @3.4GHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
  5. AnimatedOsprey

Alright give me a heads up if you find any help! :( Really missing the game
  6. RyanBurnsRed

I also am having this problem. But I just started playing the game today. I played for maybe an hour and a half and then I quit to go do something else. Then I went back to play a few minutes ago and I crashed twice in the middle of battle. Don't know why this is happening..I was having so much fun :( I've heard it can sometimes be caused by other gaming peripherals plugged in?
    Well I have an Xbox 360 wired controller and a wireless Logitech Freedom joystick plugged in.
    Anyway my specs are:
    Core i5 760 @ 3.32 GHz
    8GB RAM
    EVGA GTX 480 @ 820/1990
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I get about 20-40 fps. Or at least I do when it's not crashing to the desktop..

Edit: Also if it matters, I'm playing on the Steam version.
  7. Cidroyz

Crashed 5 times in a span of 50mins, the screen just freezes, i have to End Task planetside 2 to recover .. lost multiple sunderers due to it, >_>
    • Up x 1
  8. AstroCat

I've been crashing since GU7-4/24 patch, before that solid since beta. Something changed back around 4/24 that made the game unstable for me. I've tried everything, including different computers and it still crashes. Unfortunately it is is not fixable from the user's end.
  9. Athessu

Just had two crashes in under a minute pulling a reaver and a liberator on Esamir warpgate NC. Pull an aircraft, reaver had a big green opaque square over about 40% of the screen for a second before CTD and the lib let me fly for about 30 seconds before another CTD.
    • Up x 1