[Suggestion] Ladies and gentlemen i think i just fixed the MAX class

Discussion in 'MAX' started by W0rthy, May 30, 2013.

1. W0rthy

Make it cost 250mech/100inf/200aero, so that it costs exactly as much as a tank and esf. Given that it shares timer with them and is capable of solo'ing each of them. And infantry wise being in line with 1 c4 brick which is capable of killing it.

And leave revive and timer as it is. The added costs to air and mech makes up for the ability to revive. Aswell as makes it unspammable without having key installations like tech and amp stations, aswell as impacting the ability to spam other vehicles whilst simultaneously spamming maxes.

This therefore solves the silly spam scalability problem maxes have now with the ridiculous amount of them fielded as a result on a constant basis. Since they are currently only tied to 1 ressource, but are able to switch between fighting tanks and vehicles aswell as infantry aswell as repairing itself, breaking the gameplay and making the other classes into glorified babysitters.

You could also add 10inf/25mech/20air per accepted revive giving it full max cost for 10x accepted revives, but with the aforementioned in place i'm not sure that's even necessary.

This also would make MAX only an acceptable role to play on the battlefield in line with MBT drivers and ESF pilots, rather than a menace for the overall gameplay when they are fielded in mass with a bit too much ease.

MAX users would then no longer have to take the verbal abuse about the cheesyness of their preferred "vehicle class" :cool: And the other infantry classes would be less redundant in combat.

I'm struggling to find a solution that's more fair than that to all parties?

Discuss.
  2. Beartornado

As long as I can eat damage like a tank (sorry, 100 inf resources AND 250 mech resources doesn't equal 1 c4, in fact at that cost I should be able to eat 3 c4 wouldn't you say?).

Oh and at the cost of 200 air resources I'd like my transport mode to allow me to move from base to base in a matter of seconds like an ESF.

Alternatively you can just mount rocketpods on my shoulders and HEAT cannons on my arms and I'll be fine without buffs to armor and speed at the new resource costs.

Sarcastic? No. Do not overestimate how easily MAX suits die, we are still infantry and can take heavy damage from both explosive and projectile damage. That is what justifies our ability to revive and the cheap cost. And in a heated combat situation we may not even get to enjoy that revival function anyway.

Our flak damage could certainly use a nerf to point defense, but in regards to AV weapons there are free infantry classes (HA and LA) that can kill tanks a lot more easily that have a lot more mobility than a MAX. In fact the original AV weapons were fairly lackluster, these new ones were needed to fill the role properly. If we equip AV weapons and aren't even good at AV and can't defend ourselves from infantry, then we're just an easy target (though I would agree that the new AV weapons don't need to be so effective as AI weapons too).

**edit**
    If I missed the point of your post, where it would cost resources to re-equip to each kind of weapon (Mech for AV weapons, Air for AA weapons, inf for AI eapons) that might be more agreeable, but I'm still hesistant on it.
  3. DarkenShade

A MAX is not a Tank nor is it an Esf. The cost is fine where it is...
  4. PwNrJoKeR

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.
    • Up x 3
  5. Liewec123

you spelt f%%ked wrong.
    if this is your idea of fixing a class then i'm so glad you aren't a dev.
    if anything max should feel more "max", lets compare max and HA shall we?

Max:
    pros
    high HP,
    can fill 2 of the 3 roles (but only one at a time as wielding different weapons on each arm will make you weak at AA/AV)
    can spend 2250 certs to be able to heal over time

cons
    100 resource to spawn,
    can't cap bases,
    can't use vehicles,
    high cooldown,
    requires tons of certs to be effective
    can't instant action,
    limited ranged ability(NC)

Heavy Assault:
    pros
    shield that acts as high health,
    can fill all 3 roles simultaneously with AA/AV lock on launcher and LMG,
    access to C4 allowing them to one shot maxes and solo tanks,
    can cap bases,
    can operate vehicles,
    can instant deploy,
    no spawn cost,
    no cooldown.

cons
    ...?
  6. malden

+1 for the ironman rocket-podding flying tank idea.
  7. iccle

Forgot to add, allow max's to charge into infantry and vehicles instagibbing them to bring max units in line with vehicles.
  8. kyxash

I don't know what i expected clicking this thread.
    • Up x 1
  9. MaxDamage

I expected something less ridiculous.
    • Up x 2
  10. W0rthy

Biased Idiot, spam your op lockdown fracture max some more till lockdown gets nerfed to 30/30 and fracture gets a 5% damage reduction.

Your name says it all... Good riddance that spamming max's should have a cost that fits its abilities aswell as being tied to ressources that you have to secure in order to keep utilizing them, and that you sometimes had to use a class that required you to actually aim correct and be in some sense of danger when engaging enemies.

I am 68% max certed; max timer, kinetic 5, zoe 5, flack 5, autorepair 5, and have all the guns except dual quazar unlocked.

Your comments are ridiculous. I know the pro's and cons of maxes probably better than you do. A max can be revived, repaired and use any terminal to switch between infantry aa or av in a matter of 2 seconds, arbitrarily toggle between flack kinetic or autorepair if engies aren't around. And can solo a tank or esf with ease. And you're making it sound like it is almost too much that it costs 100 inf.

Hysterical is what that is...

It should be tied to those ressources as a means of decreasing overall max utilization. It's far too easy to use, with kinetic 5 you can run right through 10 people without too big of an issue. And with 1 bio and maxed out timer, you can spawn 1 every 5 minutes indefinately. And that problem obviously increases with scale. with 30 murder machines running around in biolabs easygibbing everything. And upon death revived/repped or just respawned cause cheap. Rince repeat.

You're the joke, i don't know what i expected posting a sound suggestion in the max section of the forum. I guess the incredible delusions of grandeur of MAX only users has been validated, as they try to hold on to their low risk cert machines that have no downside whatsoever that's relevant enough to speak of.

Get it through your thick skull.. you're not awesome because you kill 15 people with a MAX.. It's a straight upgrade from HA, and is clearly not intended to be spammed constantly since it has timer. But it can because it costs pretty much nothing and has a high survivability rate allowing it to easily stay alive for 5 minutes.

And even if it DOES die its revived/repaired without additional cost, or simply respawned. The ONLY reason you're cool with that is because it's easy cert/kills.

The other vehicles that can pull off similar killstreaks but with less security, require amp station and tech plant to regenerate enough ressources so that they are somewhat spammable, and are tied into necessary vehicles like sundys reducing the spam aswell.

And on top of that, they cost twice as much as a max. But no, obviously max'es shouldn't be put in line so they have similar restrictions with regards to spamability.. we need to have every major installation battle about who can bring the most maxes or about who takes down the enemys maxes and medics first.

Welcome to MAXside, because people would rather be biased and get easy kills than have decent gameplay.
  11. W0rthy

Another max user that doesn't understand that a MAX is a straight HA upgrade.

Let's take them one at a time because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Max:
    pros
    high HP <- you don't say..
    can fill 2 of the 3 roles (but only one at a time as wielding different weapons on each arm will make you weak at AA/AV)
    can spend 2250 certs to be able to heal over time <- that only effects the speed, you only need 2 levels to autorepair decently)

cons
    100 resource to spawn <- try stocking up grenades, c4, medkit on HA. Let me know when it gets above 100.
    can't cap bases <- so what it can camp points with its engineer, the reason max'es can't is because before the change to capture mechanics, they were considered too powerful to capture points, same reason why you need to get out of a vehicle in order to capture a point.

can't use vehicles <- fits in sundy and galaxy just fine
    high cooldown <- are you serious, it's exactly the same as tank and esf
    requires tons of certs to be effective <- so do tank esf and lib
    can't instant action <- used to, it was nerfed relatively recently
    limited ranged ability(NC) <- lol i don't know how many times i've been instagibbed in half a sec down a long corridor by the legendary "10m" nc max.

Heavy Assault:
    pros
    shield that acts as high health, <- max has armor that acts something like 4 HA's health combined with kinetic 5.

can fill all 3 roles simultaneously with AA/AV lock on launcher and LMG

<- max can fit those roles 2x better than HA. And it can't do it all simultaneously without being severely gimped, you clearly do not have enough ingame experience. Also the HA is terribly slow at AV/AA compared to max.

Also HA needs rocket launcher to defend against MAX'es.

access to C4 allowing them to one shot maxes and solo tanks <- LOL.. heavy assault solo'ing tanks with C4.. do you even know how rare that happens.. C4'ing tanks is LA's job, HA's can maybe c4 sunderers but primarily have them to throw at maxes charging them. That is if you want to talk how things actually happen in the game rather than in theory.

c4 costs 200 for 2 bricks. Max costs 100.

can cap bases <- yes, it's a normal infantry class, the reason max'es can't is because before the change to capture mechanics, they were considered too powerful to capture points, same reason why you need to get out of a vehicle in order to capture a point.

can operate vehicles <- big surprise, but you don't want to do that as HA or you will **** the vehicle. Engi belongs with it. The tradeoff for autorepair instead of a more beneficial module is bad in most cases. And for ESF with auto repair light assault is preferred or you'll just fall to your death.

can instant deploy <- yes like any normal infantry class can
    no spawn cost <- course not, it's a regular class, it doesn't need a timer. You do need a boatload of infantry ressources to stock up on grenades, regeneration/medkits, c4 etc. Where MAX'es need no restocking whatsoever.

no cooldown <- yes because a HA can't mow down 10 HA's without even having to be afraid of them.
  12. Liewec123

are you sensing the pattern here? max is supposed to operate like a squishier more mobile vehicle.
    i've actually done things with a flash that i'd usually do with my max (head inside bases with Fury)
    trading the max health for a scout radar, capping ability and one shot kills.
  13. W0rthy

Yep exactly.

But given that can be revived/repped indefinately. And that they are too easy to spam because they cost virtually nothing and their cost not having any tactical impact... I just don't think soe foresaw how big an impact spamming them has on the general gameplay.

Let's face it max'es are probably the least costly infantry class to field since it doesn't need any restocking whatsoever. And it can do anything the other classes can do combat wise, better or similar. Including healing itself.

There should be 3 maxes 5 ha's 5 la's couple of engineers couple of infiltrators and maybe 4 medics in a half platoon defending an installation.. not 10 maxes (8 AI, 1 AA 1 AV) running around with a couple of engineers and medics just murdering everything. Yet this is is exactly what's going on. They're way too easy to camp with and way too easy to siege with (gal max drop with an infil, being the deadliest) atleast with such a cheap price tag attached to them.

Yeah fury is pretty crazy, especially on the harasser. But atleast the harasser is mech and tied into sundy/mbt/lightning being spam balanced that way through that and tech plants. And fury flash can be hardcore but is a glass cannon, especially since the driver is completely exposed, and wraith cloak is detectable if you scope, especially on high settings.
  14. Liewec123

if you camp with max i'd give it 2 mins tops before you're instantly greeted to the respawn screen without warning due to C4 LA
    sure maxes do what they're designed for well, but so do all of the other classes
  15. W0rthy

Nah, i've done it often, when the LA comes flying you can always take him out before he detonates it due to the delay between dropping and detonating. But ofcourse if you don't notice him you'll die. But so will anything else, so that's hardly a point.

Besides it's only a few installations where you're hogging a pillar as a max that the LA even has a chance of pulling that stunt on you, other than that just have to watch the roofs as you run by them. And you're not alone anyways. Worst case is a revive/repair, or respawn in sundy.

Sometimes you can get like 50 kills in about 10 minutes at a biolab just running around gibbing stuff.. pre zoe aswell.. any max with kinetic 5 can just run around and do that. Using charge or the other special as a gambit. And when a friendly engineer sees the carnage they usually start following you and even if you die you'll have a ridiculous killstreak.

I use them for crashing heavily defended areas or defending against insane amounts of players. where you can barely reload before 5 more are in your face. Against heavy anti air, against heavy anti vehicle, And that's how max'es should be used. Situational.

The problem is they're so cheap and aren't tied to anything that has any significance for spam reduction. So they can basically be played as a normal infantry class. Ergo a straight upgrade. Safer to AV with than engineers or heavies. Extremely effective at AA, and Hilariously effective at AI.

And that might be fun for killstreaks, but extremely detrimental to the overall gameplay.
  16. Vortok

I wasn't aware that the problem with the MAX class was that it was too accessible...
  17. W0rthy

I guess you've never met 20 max'es racing around/camping in a biolab other other installations before. That's why the NC max was so extremely unpopular on the forums. Now it has a contender, the ZOE max because a ridiculous amount of VS players have started using the VS max. And the lockdown TR max hogging corners deployed kinda is skirted over as a non issue, atleast for now till more get lockdown maxed out and see how crazy it is.

But the main problem is that they are spammed so much, if there was a reasonable amount of them they would just be a cool addition to the battlefield instead of being the main force.
  18. Dreadnaught Wrex

I wouldnt have an issue of the MAX simply costing 200 resource of some kind, but your suggestion is just insane. And see how you flame anyone who simply thinks you are asking for too much or thinks your insane shows how much of a bias you have because you think your opinion is right. I dont care what your suggest is, you are just an ******* plain and simple.
  19. W0rthy

Not at all, i didn't start the flame fest, they just said thanks for the laugh and that it was ridiculous instead of explaining why they thought it was. I'm quite civil when others aren't an **** towards me.

Yeah i've suggested that before about just increasing the inf, the problem is it will hurt playing the other infantry classes since it becomes very hard to restock it if you up max inf to say 300. And others said that even with 300 inf it wouldn't deter them enough from using max's constantly. So i've taken that into advicement before making this suggestion.

So that's why i suggest adding mech and air instead, and keeping inf at 100 so playing the other infantry classes that actually require restocking aren't completely gimped by max usage.

Just saying that my suggestion is ridiculous or something like that, is not a good enough critique, If you have a better suggestion for making MAX's more situational and less spammable aka in line with tanks and esf's, then by all means let's hear it. If you disagree with the exact values of the resources then that's again something we can talk about. But just saying lol idiot :trollface: and leaving is not acceptable, when i'm actually trying to make an unbiased suggestion to improve gameplay and not just qq'ing about being killed by something.

Notice also the time between the posts, i waited and waited for something constructive, but they basically did cheap personal attacks on me and left, or tried to say that HA was better at everything than MAX.. seriously?

And i don't deserve that nor does my suggestion.

I'm definately not biased against max'es, i have my max completely certed pretty much. Except for 1 gun, the last level of charge, and the expanded magazines on them. So don't throw that on me. That's also how i know how effective the max class is and how you can solo esf and tanks. And get revived afterwards which they can't.

Basically destroying 250 mech/200 aero +2 minutes transport time aswell as what's left of their timer each time you do, and unlike them you can pop right back in since inf is only tied to bio, and only costs 100 inf, same as 1 c4.

And a MAX can't just kill 1 esf/lib or mbt.. it can kill like 3 MBT's in about half a minute if they're close enough to not being able to drive behind a rock in time.

That's one hell of a c4 buddy. And you can pull a MAX indefinately, and do this on a constant basis, not just situational like tanks and esf's.

And i'm tired of having to switch to max because there's a kajillion of them running around wherever you attack, before getting back to playing the other classes.

I would like max to be a bit more situational and a bit more ressource consuming so they don't just come instantly back if they aren't revived. And so i don't have to run into 10 of them everytime i'm in an enclosed area.

It's problematic that MAX's are replacing HA's as frontline troops, because they require no restocking and can take down 10 HA's with minimal risk, I'm not even exaggerating i've done it plenty of times.

They're more effective and cheaper. It's not a healthy combination for utilization of a variety of classes.

And don't throw the "they require a lot of certs to be useful" every class requires a lot of cert to be useful. Yet the MAX class can take the other fully certed infantry classes out like flies with a swatter.

I'm asking for it to have the proper attached cost to reflect this. Instead of being the cheapest and most effective infantry combat class to field.
  20. W0rthy

You can rant about zoe, lockdown, aegis, scat maxes, ravens, fractures, comets, whatever untill the cow comes home.

But untill you start wrapping your head around that the reason people are complaining about maxes is that there's too many of them fielded at any given time and thus kill people at an unacceptable level/rate, rather than them being situational.. Then you've missed the plot.

And saying that i'm ridiculous for proposing something that could mitigate that without actually hurting the other classes. Isn't helping either. My suggestion doesn't even hurt the MAX users, it just makes it so they maybe can't spam ESF's and Tanks right after they've been maxing several times in a row, aswell as limiting how many times in a row they can respawn as MAX, to an acceptable level, instead of now where it's infinite amount of times because the timer which gives 100 inf aligns with the max respawn timer.

Because if you can't reduce the amount of maxes via ressources or something similar in a feasible way, then the alternative is to **** the effectiveness of the class.. And you'd probably like that a lot less.. Look what happened to ESF's.