ns-15 vs em6 vs gauss saw S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by mynameaborat, May 31, 2013.

1. mynameaborat

Trying to decide on an all round general lmg, trying to decide between these, thoughts? Opinions?
  2. Rhiaci

EM6 most likely. Best overall of the guns you mentioned.
  3. Siegfried262

I've used the NS-15 a good deal and it's pretty accurate with a Compensator and Forward Grip. It does lack a bit on the damage front.

I've started using the Gauss SAW a lot more, it really shines with a Compensator and Forward Grip once you get used to the recoil.

I think the EM6 would work well as an all-rounder though.
  4. Casterbridge

Kind of a tough call for me.

The NS has a nice rate of fire, and the best movement modifier of the three, fast reload but lowest ammo pool, which in my mind makes it best in the mediumish range and closer range but it has the lowest damage per shot.

The Saw S, is a really accurate gun, recoil is easy, good damage, good velocity, but the RoF is low which can cause issues when up close, at medium range and longer it's great.

Em6 I don't know just doesn't feel the same to me, it has good damage and decent RoF, but for me it's the hardest to keep on target, it's got the lowest velocity and while it holds the most ammo it reloads the slowest. Stat wise it probably is the best all arounder though.
  5. KnightCole

EM6 would be my choice of that list.

NS is a no go for me, it has 143dmg and 50 rounds.....

SAW-S...no because its a lower damage slow firing NC6 Gauss SAW...less damage but still not good RoF? no thank you.

EM6? Oh yes, its just a good all rounder. 600RpM seems to meld well with the 167dmg. Its fairly accurate and what not.
  6. Vanon

Here is what i did. I have a gd-22s for all around gun. I use the NS-15 as a medium/long range support gun because of its high RoF and accuracy. I use the EM6 as a long range with a 6x scope to use with my phoneix. If you can get use to the em6's recoil its devisating with a 6x. For best all around i would go gd-22 or NS-15. The Gauss saw is very good as well. It has a ton of reserve ammo, a huge mag, super high damage even at range, it just sucks at RoF and recoil. The em6 and the ns-15 can be used as a hip fire gun with adv laser sight up to about 70 meters
  7. Purg

EM6 - 1000 times over EM6.
    • Up x 1
  8. loleator

Gauss SAW fully certed. Shines on skilled hands like no other does.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lexicon

I would have agreed pre GU9, but I prefer the Gauss Saw S now.
  10. Purg

Try it again. I had a horrible time with it after they rebalanced the foregrip and compensators and tried to differentiate with the guns but I started a stealth buff thread a week or so ago after a few ninja patches and my aim went from horrible to better than ever overnight after one of these patches.

I could be going nuts but could burst more rounds than before prior to COF kicking in and missing everything.
  11. BH Brigade

I would have to say, there is a reason people call the gauss saw the "god saw." It truly is one of the only weapons in the game that is really quite bad in the wrong hands, but amazing in the right hands. The gauss saw is amazing at range (obviously) but it is also really good at close range (5-20m) IF you can land headshots. That is what makes it amazing and borderline OP in skilled hands. But that is the thing, you cannot hipfire spray this gun and get kills. You HAVE to land the headshots, but if you do it is GG, the person will be dead.
  12. Psykmoe

I don't think any of the 167 damage LMGs for NC are bad, different ones will work for different people. I personally didn't care too much for the low velocity of the EM6 and I prefer the recoil pattern on the SAW, SAW S or GD-22S, so any of those 3 work better for me than the EM6. Sure, the GD-22S and SAW S give up 23 rpm compared to the EM6, and magazine size, but I just do a lot better with them. SAW S also offers the best velocity of the NC LMGs, which I value. NS-15M would be faster, and I like how it handles, but 625 rpm for a 143 damage gun really is very low, making it very weak at shorter ranges.
  13. lilleAllan

Only used EM6 before nerf and back then it was a great all round weapon.
    The default saw is fantastic at range.
    GD-22S is a cheap all round option and easy to handle. It's like a big assault rifle, but the small clip sort of sucks.
  14. Epic High Five

Gauss SAW.

If you really want a change, use our Super AR Option in the GR-22S. Personally I hate that gun, but a lot of people enjoy it.

Saw S is probably better than the EM6 at this point, but between the 22S and the SAW you should be covered.

Headshots needed for close range, psh. Just pop resist shield+NW5 and stick it in their gut and full auto away, then mash V6 a bunch.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hibiki54

Gauss SAW S, EM6, GD-22S and Anchor are all in the same damage category. Comparing damage doesn't really make a difference between them.

The EM6 and Gauss SAW S are almost identical, except the EM6 has the 100 mag capacity. The Gauss SAW S is the more versatile of the two since it has both SPA and HVA options. SAW S makes up it's slightly slower RoF with higher velocity for better medium-long range burst fire engagements. EM6 is better at hip fire spray and pray medium-close engagements; with SPA a good CQC option.

NS-15 has lower damage than all stock NC LMGs except the EM1. It has HVA, SPA and a compensator. It has a higher RoF and muzzle velocity compared to the 167 dmg LMGs, but low mag capacity like the 22S and Anchor. If you like TR weapons, this might be the choice for you. It's closest comparison is the T16 Rhino.
  16. ColdCheezePizza

NS-15 is a headshot machine, EM6 can out snipe snipers in the right hands and the God Saw is the poor mans long range LMG.