Team Killers...What's the fix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badpitt, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Badpitt

Ok, so I know team killers have been a part of this game since day one, but this past week on woodman (TR) I recon I've been ganked more times than since starting playing the game since January. Just blatant BR 1 - 6 players taking me out with no enemies around. :mad:

Have SOE announced a fix for this one? Even preventing BR1 - 15 characters from damaging their faction whilst in open combat would be a start?
  2. Slaidd

Yep, I've seen an exponential increase in TKing over the last week or two on Connery. It's happening more and more, and something needs to be done about it.
  3. Flaeb

Still would like the Planetside 1 grief system, where your grief points share on all characters, meaning if you have too much grief on your TR solider, and you log into your NC soldier, he'll have the same grief points as the TR soldier. (although it was shared on the server only, but in this game, share it all around if it becomes too much of a problem)
    • Up x 3
  4. Benton!

Really? I can't remember the last time I was TKed on Connery.
  5. mpal

The real issue is that there's no real consequence for TKing. Sure you get weapons lock eventually, but theres no real consequence if you do it occasionally. The fact that most guys dont really give a **** if they happen to tk you trying to get that kill is an issue. There should be statistical consequences to tking, whether adding a death or 2 for every team kill or something similar. Sure they happen on accident, but the majority of tks i would assume are griefing.
  6. IronWarrior

I would like to see friendly fire removed since it adds nothing to the game other then annoy people.

But since that won't happen, friendly fire should be only enabled for 30+ players, that would also fix secondly BR1 accounts that can be used to get revenge on players.

That's not going to happen too.

Long live teamkilling!
  7. TheWolf1973

Also, if I remember correctly, if a player hit a high enough level on grief points they would be auto kicked from the game with a cool down timer.
  8. RecklessTalent

i hope they remove vehicle team killing i see that more then anything. and really hope those people don't drive in real life lol.
  9. TheBillOf3D

I think most tks are not on purpose. You get an enemy infiltrator running through the middle of your pack and if they didn't care about certs, they wouldn't even open fire and still kill everyone via friendly fire. Bad drivers (looking at you, Harasser lolers) can be infuriating but I let most slide. And some of you who cry about getting tked are the same ones that will run in front of a friendly obviously firing a weapon. Had a max throw a little hissy fit on me and hit me when it ran in front of my scope while I had been firing relentlessly at the enemy from that position. He has no special privilege to walk in the line of fire. That's supposed to be my fault? Granted he was killed by the same enemy he didn't see as he blocked my shot while throwing the hissy. I should have let that bad guy go and send him a "thank you". Then there are those that run in front of the vehicle spawn. We can't stop. It shoots us out. That is your fault you got ran over. And yes you will see an increase in TKing during double xp weekends because there are more novice players. But it would be a total spamgasm if TKing was turned off.
    • Up x 1
  10. sSie

Team killing needs to exist for one simple reason. Imagine a point filled full of MAXs or infantry and you want to take it back. Friendly fire encourages careful shooting (not all the time!) but without FF, there would be an unholy amount of spamming. I hate tkers but thank **** FF is on.
  11. Badpitt

TKs by definition are on purpose, but of course friendly fire incidents also happen, much more frequently. I've taken out a few friendlies (accidentally) that have stepped in front of a window I happen to be stood at just as I pull the trigger.

I've had another TK incident since posting, me and two other TR (soloing) were defending Geological Survey from 5 NC. The NC squad couldnt get a foothold so a BR1 TR shows eventually up and wipes us out 1 by 1. Also waits in spawn room with rocket launcher waiting to kill us. No point reporting it as the account is no doubt deleted by now.
  12. IronWarrior

Spamming still happens and in the end, who really cares if some friendly dies at the same time as the enemy. The medic will revive him or he respawn 15 seconds later.

Personally, I will be very careful with shooting and avoid hitting friendlies as much as possible and even take the time to /t them a sorry if it happens, but if I need to shoot through a friendly to kill a enemy then so be it.

On top of that, I would prefer to have "spamming" as you call it then some low level n00b trying to teamkill my Sundy or Prowler with his C4/Mines/AV turret.
  13. sSie

Exactly. You would be careful, just like me, but without it, the dynamic of CQC would change to be even more of a cluster **** than it is now. That is not something either of us would enjoy. There is a problem with tking like you mentioned by turning FF off isn't the way to fix it.
  14. TheBillOf3D

Yeah, because that friendly should be denied the kill.
  15. WaiZen

I fear more my teammates than my enemies, currently... I think just today I died like 10 times because of teamkill. Some level 24 even C4'd my vanguard for no apparent reason...
  16. Blarg20011

Simply lock people's weapons when the crosshair is over a friendly. 50 meter max range, does not affect explosive weapons or friendlies that are behind enemies. Most of the deliberate TKs would be solved right then and there.
    • Up x 1
  17. FateJH

Perhaps experience penalties for firing on friendlies should be permissive. In the end, it handles both bad players and malicious players. Having no experience warps you right back to the warp gate and eventually to the desktop.
  18. DreamlessLiberty

What if someone runs into my bullet spray thinking it's a sprinkler spraying around the fountain of youth or gets blown up by a generator I set off or a vehicle I just bailed out of and blew up in their face. I'm starting to suicide myself at the end of my play sessions to atone TKs to make the revenge TKs from 'I can't react in 0.1 seconds to save you if you step in front of me while I'm full auto into an advancing force on the cap point that has very high priority' irrelevant.
  19. Rhapsody

Simple, do a /report File it under Harrasment.

Then keep a list. When one of the GM's come on that announces they are looking for cheaters or other problems, PM them the list you made.
  20. Slyguy65

First off they need to allow other vehicles to not kill other vehicles (latency lag allows for my ATV to be ran over by a sundy 50 feet away)

There should only be FF from WEAPONS, and it should be either reduced or shared damage. BAM