Waterson: Boycott VS Weekend!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PhilDun, May 31, 2013.

1. PhilDun

This weekend (5/31 - 6/2) we are boycotting VS. The goal of this boycott is to encourage the devs to take action to help balance the population. Every day, VS is woefully underpopulated compared to TR/NC. VS typically has <25% world-pop during primetime, and this number often falls below 20%. While VS can usually sustain enough of a population for one continent, it's typically forced to abandon the other two. A few possible solutions for encouraging a balanced population:

1. Allow character transfers from overpopulated --> underpopulated factions (possibly with a Cert Bonus)

2. Increase XP/Resource bonuses for underpopulated factions

3. Add WORLD-based Underpopulation-XP/resource bonuses

So, for this weekend, Waterson VS enjoy playing on TR+NC.
    • Up x 1
  2. PhilDun

As a side-note, I would also like the Devs to fix the Nanoweave Armor Bug (nanoweave currently provides 2x as much health as its description indicates, which allows players to survive headshots from even the most powerful sniper rifles) as well as the Striker Missile Bugs. The focus of this thread, however, is solely on population imbalance.
  3. GuraKKa

No way...
    I'm going to login, join my outfit squad and have fun like I always do.
    As I see it, I have more targets to shoot.
    • Up x 5
  4. PhilDun

Well, if you don't care about the longevity of this game, please feel free to do that. It is your choice.
  5. GuraKKa

A stupid boycott has nothing to do with the longevity of the game.
    • Up x 7
  6. PhilDun

The population imbalance is only getting worse. Playing on VS is a frustrating experience for many players. Maybe you're personally used to losing and don't mind it, but some of us actually like to play on a fairly level playing field.
  7. GuraKKa

I'm not saying that we don't have a problem with the pop imbalance.
    I'm saying that asking for a boycott is not going to improve the situation.
    • Up x 1
  8. Paisty

As poorly as the second poster has put it, he's right a boycott will not have the effect your looking for. Honestly I doubt most TR and NC would really notice. Waterson does have some very good VS but they haven't left Indar since the Lettuce came out, and the Lettuce system isn't appealing to many, so a boycott really won't change much, imo.
    • Up x 2
  9. Total_Overkill

If Vanu boycott, the Terrorists win!!! ....

....and the Republic too... i guess
  10. BraSS

I have a lot of fun on Waterson as VS. Always being outnumbered just means you have more targets to shoot at aka more fun. I dont really car about continent locks or lattice or whatever else.

Had an epic fight against TR yesterday at Indar excavation site, so much lancer/vortex and striker/fracture rounds going through the air it looked like 4th of July.
  11. vaxx

Boycotts always work....just like internet petitions! :rolleyes:

VS is outnumbered by a large amount, sure. You really think a weekend of not playing the most underpop faction will "do something". Get real.

Nothing like curb stomping a TR or NC zerg to make you feel better.
  12. Zotamedu

He should have posted it on Facebook as well. If he got over one million likes, the devs would automatically make a couple of thousand people play Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  13. Zakuak

Good intentioned proposal Phildun but I'm not sure what it would accomplish aside form making the TR and NC very very happy lol.

Solidarity would echo if the boycott was pulled off perfectly and maybe strike a notice from the Devs but I doubt it would force an immediate response/correction to the issue. Besides given T-O and the other VS replies here, it doesn't seem like a well received plan to me.
  14. Jestunhi

TR and NC would still have each other to fight. All this would effect is the VS who are playing low level characters with unfamiliar weapons / faction vehicles.

However I agree with the proposed solutions in the OP. Character transfers and any boost that does not effect the outcome. I've seen people argue for a damage buff for underpopulated, etc which I would not agree with but the suggestions in the OP are all fine.
  15. DrunkenDoughnuts

I'm usually on Indar since that is the only sustainable VS pop, but last night my amazing squad of 2 players went to Esamir to see some of that glorious hex action (sarcasm on glorious hex). At one point I asked whether double XP was still going for some odd reason, and then squadmate pointed out that we had 13% pop.

Yes, having low pop sucks sometimes, but I'll never complain about all the free XP.
  16. chrisbeebops

Can the TR/NC boycott playing in their higher population faction instead?

On second thought, we don't want them flooding the VS ranks either. :D
  17. Casterbridge

I enjoy playing my VS on Waterson, there's always a fight to be found and the VS seem so much better organized most of the time.
  18. TheBillOf3D

Buff purple pant suits! I demand it!
  19. TheBillOf3D

Hey, when shot by VS does anyone else taste grape?
  20. doombro

TR actually fell below VS last night.