Estimated Lockdown buffs

Discussion in 'MAX' started by curly, May 25, 2013.

1. curly

• Up x 2
  2. Izidir

Hey i was looking for a post like that !! Thank you. I did some testing only on the RoF with chaingun. I found a bit more for the mercy (around 31%) but similar for the other one.

So the onslaught, wich is a little bit better than the mercy for CQC, take a real step forward with the lock down. (it was the purpose of my testing in the beginning).
  3. Hypest

WOW, that Mercy! The only AI gun i might tried to use with the lockdown, because it can be used at ranges and it turns out it has the the lowest numbers.
  4. belthazor3457

My numbers tested by filming in virtual reality were a little different than the ones listed here. Tests were performed via fraps-record-filming a lockdown and unlockdown, started at the same time and filmed side-by-side. I am curious as to what method you used to test the weapons.

Copy-pasted along with video:

The exact numbers on the firerate boost tests: Rank 5 in virtual reality. Listed tooltip bonus is 35%-50% depending on weapon system.

Onslaught had 7 rounds of 25 left, indicating around the 35% listed minimum.

M2 Mutilator had 28 rounds left, indicating around 28% (error margin would say 30-32% if we give it the benefit of the doubt) indicating a little under the listed minimum firerate bonus.

MRC3 Mercy had 12 rounds left out of 50, indicating around a 25% firerate increase. Compensating for an error margin, this is still below the listed minimum.

The M1 Fracture had 3 rockets left out of 10. The magazine is too small to identify if it leans on 30% or 35%, but it's around the listed minimum.

Burster AA had 7/28 left, a flat 25% - still below the listed minimum of "35-50% increase" according to the tooltips.

The M3 pounder only had 4 rounds, so it's difficult to identify what the firerate bonus is - but the third unanchored round was firing right as the anchored one fired its fourth.

The Heavy Cycler had 16 rounds left out of 60, about 25%

Skip to 1:43 for weapon tests
  5. curly

I recorded with video cap then went frame by frame to get the timings. The video cap records at 50fps, therefore 3000 frames a minute. I counted the frames between each bullet to ensure consistency and did the sums.
  6. curly

Yeah, and to make it worse You lose DPS at range because beyond maybe 50m, the accuracy you get for crouching is better then the increased fire rate.

My opinion is: onslaught/mutilator up to 20m ish then mercy up to 50m then it's no good for ai.
    Well, I'm still not convinced it'll work for ai at all but I'm gunna keep trying.
  7. Dragonblood

I tried so much using lockdown with AI-weapons......it just doesn't work. In CQC lockdown is so ******* terribad.

Burster+Fractures with lockdown and shoot at things at long range.
  8. unsinnsschmierer

Thanks for the data :)

I got lockdown fully certed on Friday and was using it over the weekend. I knew it would suck but I don't know what to do with the certs any more, so I just got it.

For AI work it's just crap, I removed it from my AI loadout already.

For Busrters and Fractures is good if you find the right position... and the best positions I found so far was shooting from inside spawn rooms, that's how lame it is.
  9. Tycoh

It's bad when you can't even suppress any infantry with dual chainguns and lockdown. All they do is sprint past you or pop a rocket and hide. Also ever won a fight against a ZOE max while in lockdown?

The best i've gotten with the TR MAX Lockdown 5 is probably 1-2 infantry kills since the update. The rest of the 60 kills were from me strafing without the lockdown. DO NOT USE LOCKDOWN FOR AI, its horrible. You're way WAY better off using it for long range AT and AA "ambushes" as you're quite screwed when they see you being stationary.
  10. Tycoh

11. Dragonblood

agreed....although other faction members say it would be great for defending bases. XD

And no, I lose badly against ZOE-Maxes while lockdowned. They just headshot me constantly and adadad-Strafe.
    • Up x 2
  12. badname123

Why doesn't the TR max get an accuracy bonus while in lockdown? It doesn't matter how fast you shoot if you can't hit anything.
    • Up x 4
  13. Incarnus

I started doing my own testing (completely independent of yours). Anywhere here's the figures I've ended up with. (for RPM increase using Rank 5 lockdown.
    Mercy
    31.245%

Mutilator
    38.843%

Onslaught
    39.365%

Cycler
    38.457%

Burster
    34.342%

Fracture
    36.012%

Pounder
    38.438%
  14. void666

I don't even bother with lockdown anymore. Charge all the way.
  15. curly

The more people that test the better our results will be.
    Glad to see our results argee within a few percent for all but the cycler. Good to know I did something right.
  16. Ztiller

So TR wants 4 huge boosts, for the price of one drawback, while simultaneously demanding that the ZOE gets nerfed in one of it's 2 boosts, while keeping its drawback?

No, the Lockdown is perfectly useful as it is now and definetly doesn't need a boost.
  17. Kociboss

For AI use charge.

For AA use Lockdown.

That's what I do and so far so good.
  18. Dragonblood

Just try it....crouching feels more powerful at ranges 10m+ than lockdown.....the accuracy is just awful. I would trade accuracy for RoF anytime.