Just got a weapon unlock as I got an auraxium medal!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, May 29, 2013.

1. Cougarbrit

That's because it splits the NS weaponry up.

Otherwise the Fury would be so high up it'd be off the chart.

Marauder is probably only higher than TR Fury because it's a quarter of the cost, so you'll have 750 more certs for upgrades to make a ****** version of the Fury less ******.
  2. Van Dax

ok think of it this way, obviously a weapon for all factions gets more kills than a weapon for one faction,BUT you can see the marauder is doing better than the NC,TR and VS furies. Im not saying it needs a nerf or anything its just an interesting observation that I came across in another thread-TR used to hate the marauder but now it is the best performing harasser weapon, its just perspective.
  3. metrotw

That's because the marauder is nothing more than a watered down cheaper fury with 1\2 the direct damage..You need 2 marauder hits for 1 fury hit. But the fact it costs only 250 certs makes it a popular option over the 1000 cert fury.

I'd love to trade the marauder for the new saron or enforcer...this way I could have 2 killer harasser builds: saron\fury or enforcer\fury instead of just marauder. The vulcan, until it gets its supposed rework, is a useless pile of **** on both the harasser and the prowler next to either the saron or enforcer.
  4. Cougarbrit

I'm sure if the VS/NC ES AI (insert more abbr.) vehicle weaponry were a little more viable, then they too would technically outperform the Furies.

Just basing it off kills per hour doesn't seem like a good metric. We can see from the destroyed vehicles per hour that the marauder is clearly much worse against armour than the Fury (which it is, it's a goddamn feather duster against a tank), in fact, and I'm finding this hilarious, we can see a great big doozy of a stat.

The Marauder has less vehicle kills per hour than the Kobalt.

Our rapid fire GL has less vehicle kills than a weapon that doesn't even damage heavy armour.

Like holy **** I didn't even know that was possible. I know the Kobalt is technically better at killing ESFs than the Basilisk but that's like saying an assault rifle is better than a carbine at killing a Harasser, it's still a tiny source of damage inflicted for the bullets spent (Basilisk is technically amazing damage it just has atrocious accuracy so you'll inflict bugger all).

Anyways, it confirms the Marauder is better AI than the Fury, or maybe it's because all the Marauders are busy farming only infantry, while the Furies are engaging vehicles also, but they take longer to kill, and they're also used more often for longer periods so there's more travel time which drives down the kills per hour. Yes, that's probably it.
  5. Cougarbrit

Also, using that site a little more, I find that the G30 Vulcan H has less vehicle kills than the Kobalt as well.

That's surprising, I had thought that the Vulcan might actually be really good on the Harasser, but I guess this confirms my suspicion that the Vulcan isn't that useful and that a gimped version of it would be worthless. Indeed, the only weapons that are worse than it by a kills per hour metric are the G40F-Rangers and the NC's Enforcer Modified.
  6. Van Dax

again I don't know why people are so aggressive automatically I'm just saying it was interesting to see the weapon take off so fast when it used to suck so much. Nothing else, no agenda.
  7. Argoyn

Not many people that would spend the certs on the vulcan-h considering it's impossible to ask your gunner to aim properly while wobbling over the ''roads'' of Auraxis, I'd take the halberd over the vulcan-h on my harasser anyday.
  8. Cougarbrit

I went off on a bit of a tangent when I was replying to you.

I think the popularity of the marauder is basically down to it being a cheap Fury that almost any TR can afford, and it really is a decent AI weapon. It's not quite as much of a slaughterhouse as the Fury is, but it's close, though it also leaves you a lot more vulnerable to other vehicles.

Basically the Marauder is the early game Fury if this was more like an RPG, it's similar but weaker and less versatile, and a little more forgiving with misses.
  9. ladiesop

The Marauder starts off with a much larger magazine size, which is really helpful for getting multi-kills with this sort of weapon. The fury starts with half as many, but gains more power overall with the magazine upgrades than the Marauder does.