[Suggestion] How to properly balance ZOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lyel, May 29, 2013.

1. Shockwave44

As long as it can sprint fast. The strafing speed I could care less about. We should have the ability to flank since we are about mobility, not damage.
    • Up x 1
  2. EnviousCipher

If you're having trouble with lockdown you deserve to get smashed, after all you LET the TR max get into position, and can't seem to be able to aim your decimator straight at all.
  3. Shockwave44

This doesn't make sense.
  4. Kaesarr

Giving speed movement to a MAX unit is gamebreaking. Not the damage, is the speed the problem as enemies cannot hit the MAX.

Or they could make it more vulnerable, that would make sense.

And activation/deactivation should be longer that a "F" immediate push-button.

When I see 5 or 6 ZOE MAXes all together, and every day I see enemy faction with only ZOE MAXes, "maybe" there is something wrong......

And it's not because is a new "toy", pleople are just playing that because is just strong.
  5. Jac70

Suggestion to balance the ZOE max. Remove the ZOE ability. Then remove Lockdown and the Aegis shield.

Once that's down we can start nerfing the Fracture Max and the shotMaxes :eek:
  6. Nyscha

There is a time to turn it off.

When I don't want to moonwalk into a room full of enemies and get rofled in a few seconds without knowing their strengths.

And when I'm weary of explosives around.
  7. Dytto

end of thread
    try again
  8. Jkar

Just remove ZOE already and give the VS MAX the ability it had in PS1, jump jets.
  9. Nyscha

Wont happen because TR/NC already cried that idea out of SOE's head.

They wont be happy with anything VS get.

You could give VS a "Instant death ray" ability which does little to no damage and if TR/NC died from it they'd cry that its overpowered.

Oh wait thats just like ZOE.
  10. Jkar

SOE cried it out of their own heads, probably because Higby is such an LA fan. Jump jets would probably be much more balanced than a lot of people think. You'd have unsupported MAX units that can't run away from C4 because no charge or ZOE speed, they'll have no engineers around for repairs or ammo and of course they're loud. Also MAX units can't do anything to vital objectives either.
  11. DreamlessLiberty

Give me a break. Who cares about the ZOE max at long range. It's a run and gun death machine in biolabs. Their movement speed is such they can run in, mow a bunch of stuff down, run out, get repaired, do same thing again. TR max has to plod along at the speed of max into battle, get shot by everything, and plod away hopefully not dead.
  12. Hagestol

I agree. Lets remove speed from VS.
    Let us also remove lockdown, higher RoF and free exmags from TR.
    Let us also remove shotguns, 200dmg guns and lets not speak about the insane MBT the NC has.

Asymmetrical balance mate. Factional flavor.

VS is speed, mobility, versatility. TR is DAKKA(!), NC is slow OOMPH.
  13. Rown

They move too fast! if I have to aim with the mouse, how do I click shoot?
    • Up x 1
  14. DreamlessLiberty

The ZOE never should have been implemented to begin with. All it is-is a drama device. It creates a story with an obvious plot. The ZOE is OP and out of place. Who does not agree? Everyone has come to the same conclusion that it is overpowered and everyone is writing their own stories on how it should be balanced thus defining the fall. Conclusion: Mechs should move at the speed of mechs. Get rid of shield, lockdown, and ZOE and start over. Or give the HA an automatic grenade launcher to kill ZOE maxs. Rockets are to slow. It seems the infantry counter to the max is easier to dodge for a ZOE max than it is for infantry.
  15. Nogrim313

meh one more nerf to VS can't say im surprised ffs the ability isn't even that great i just hope they listen to these morons and give us the jump jets, i've got a lot more abuse in mind with those than i could ever do with ZOEs move speed and negative armor

i cant wait for jumpjets we will be able to ignore just about every barrier to our movement and kill you stupid noobs from roof tops
    then we can do this all over again and you can whine and complain to give us back ZOE
  16. DreamlessLiberty

Good luck hitting a flying max with a rocket. Jumpjets would still negate the infantry counter to maxs.
  17. Jkar

Jump jets would be very situational, you can't use them in most indoor spaces and you wouldn't be able to run away from C4 either. Out in the open you would be Lib and ESF food on top of buildings and easy to spot because MAX units aren't the most stealthy.

Jump jets would probably have their biggest advantage in tower fights to bypass the stairs and then you have a MAX without support that won't last all that long but could create an opportunity for others to move on up.
  18. Kaesarr

I would remove all the special abilities of all the MAXES of the 3 factions. Because the MAXEs are already strong and they do not need a new buffed ability.

Is this politically correct now?

Otherwise it seems I am just whining, while what I want to show you is that the MAXes are already OP.

They should REMOVE all these abilities and increase the cost of spawning a MAX to 300 and a longer timer to get it.

And always starting the timer to take another MAX starting from WHEN you die, not when you spawn one.

And I play Tr MAX a lot, so this proposal is plainly against my interests o_O;)