New Continent ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TommyXXL, May 29, 2013.

1. TommyXXL

Does anyone knows if they plan a new continent that would look like a deserted city ? I know about Hossin, but i've heard something about some other new continents, i think from planetside 1.
  2. huller

Searhus is after hossin I believe, taht's the volcanic continent. Could be that there is another continent in between. No urban maps are planned at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  3. NinjaTurtle

I think an urban map although cool would create much lag, too many assets on the screen at once would destroy the server. They can hardly cope now

Would be a great location to mix up the battles but SOE need to optimize, optimize, optimize first
    • Up x 1
  4. hansgrosse

This is probably true. If they can ever swing it though, I would LOVE to see a continent featuring a giant city full of skyscrapers and subway/sewer tunnels. It's probably where I would spend about 99.99999% of my in-game time. XD

Ziplines would be mandatory for this continent, of course.
  5. Argoyn

I think an urban map would be great for training your sniping skills at :)

Don't forget about the monorail! :p
  6. MasonSTL

One thing they could do in an urban map is to build up and keep the map smaller in diameter. Might cut down on lag? IDK just throwing that out there.
  7. BengalTiger

Keep in mind the civilian buildings have much less detail than bio labs or tech plants so more could be clustered together.

All they'd have to do is add 2-3 new buildings that are taller (4-7 stories perhaps), put already existing antennas on some of them and they're good to go.
    All they really need is the ability to put some 20-30 buildings together in clusters and separate these by mountains, rivers or fields and we have a nice urbanized continent.