So far the "MAX class update" has been...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Dimachaerus, May 29, 2013.

1. Dimachaerus

A bit of a boondoggle.

We still lack travel mode, we still lack ANY kind of optics, our crosshairs are still the most pointless vague circles ever, we have no utility beyond "front towards enemy", and you took away our ability to re-deploy.

We want vision modes, we want zoom, we want actual adaptive crosshairs for our guns, we want sensor backpacks, "special" ammo backpacks ( resupply peoples grenades/c4/whatever), spawn beacon backpacks, fix the grenade launchers and flamethrowers already, Make the aegis shield bigger and let friendlies shoot through it, let us SMASH people with our shield (still no shooting), Let the TR turn further while pyloned in, give them a bit of a health buff while deployed, ZOE is okay, Un-**** Falcon's projectile speed, Make pounders a viable choice compared to fractures.

Make us the power armor clad badasses we were MEANT to be!
    • Up x 6
  2. Dethfield

While i wouldnt say it was a complete disaster (i love my aegis shield), i do really want optics of some sort. Night vision or thermal would best, but even a flash light would be ok, just something for night time. Would also LOVE to go firebat on the enemy with some decent flamethrowers as well.

MAX is still my favourite infantry class, but i do agree they are lacking in the variety of options cert-wise.
    • Up x 1
  3. Inu

Best update to the class could've been lighting up engineers on the map when we scream for a fricking repair.
  4. Pikachu

Higby said in some video thing that they funked up the MAX update. I find it most strange that we haven't gotten travel mode yet. It got to be the simplest make and balance. Also surprised that they pushed back flamers again.
  5. void666

I want headlights, optics and maybe some kind of proximity sensor.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bankrotas

Well, after first impressions of ShmOE, I do understand the frustration some people felt, during it's first days of implementation.
  7. curly

I was going to post something similar to this. While I think the new abilities and weapons are great and look good (barring the lockdown from a 3rd person), this only equates to 1 weapon and ability per faction and only ~2200 extra certs to spend. Pounders/falcons were ignored, no travel mode, all our weapons look the same and we have no choice for weapon attachments.

That's hardly a class revamp. Also what was the point of the roadmap discussion when (correct me if wrong) nothing was taken from it and no devs talked to the community?

Soe are luckly because Dedicated Max users are rare and the ps2 community are largely only concerned with what could affect them (the abilities). I feel if SOE did a revamp for ha's or esf's and give them that little there would be a lot of angry people.
    • Up x 1
  8. curly

Did he say anything else? Like they'd got more things to implement?
    • Up x 1
  9. Dimachaerus

+1 internets.

Hell, they even flatly stated after launch that maxes weren't even a completed class, and they STILL aren't.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ztiller

I don't agree with implimentation of IRNV or Thermal. right now a very good counter to MAX lockdowns are smoke grenades. Optics would remove that.

Flashlights on the other hand, i'm all for it.
  11. Vortok

Nicest part of the 'update' has been dropping the cost of the default AV gun and one of the AI guns to 250, so that playing a MAX if you don't have SC (or aren't willing to blow money on an alt) doesn't have such a huge entry barrier to at least have a competent loadout.

I'm glad they put in the work and did what they've done so far, but it mostly felt like minor tweaks. Options when certing out a max is still pretty bare bones compared to the options for most other classes. A little better than certing a Skyguard, but not by much. Unfortunately the average infantry players moans and complains when work is done on the class because a MAX can already kill them pretty easily, so they can't see a reason for dev time to be spent on the class.
  12. Naithe

The thing I was hoping for the most in max update, even more then any Empire specific abilities.

-Flame thrower
    -More customisation options, for weapons, and in general (look at infantry)

Both aren't here, and I'm afraid they don't plan to add any more costumisation anytime soon. =(
    • Up x 1