CUSTIMIZABLE SQUAD COLORS IN PTS!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasonSTL, May 29, 2013.

1. MasonSTL

AAAAHHHH!! I'm as giddy as a school girl!!!! geeeeee!
  2. xGreedFuSioN

The squad I don't like gets pink.
  3. IamDH

Did he just say.......what i think he said.....
  4. Rown

Pink Squad leader: Hey, why am I Pink Squad?
    Platoon leader: Because you're a ******.
    Pink Squad leader: Why can't we pick our own colors?
    Platoon leader: No way, no way. Tried it once, doesn't work. You got four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Black Squad, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Pink Squad. Be thankful you're not Yellow Squad.
    Brown Squad Leader: Yeah, but Brown Squad is a little too close to **** Squad.
    Pink Squad leader: Pink Squad sounds like ***** Squad. How 'bout if I'm Purple Squad? That sounds good to me. I'll be Mr. Purple.
    Platoon leader: You're not Purple Squad. Vanu are purple, you’d get TKed a lot. Your Pink Squad.
    White Squad Leader: Who cares what your name is?
    Pink Squad leader: Yeah, that's easy for your to say, you're White Squad. You have a cool-sounding name. Alright look, if it's no big deal to be Pink Squad, you wanna trade?
    Platoon leader: Hey! NOBODY'S trading with ANYBODY. This ain't a goddamn, ******* city council meeting, you know. Now listen up, Pink Squad leader. There's two ways you can go on this job: my way or the highway. Now what's it gonna be, Pink Squad?
    Pink Squad leader: Jesus Christ, Platoon leader, ******* forget about it. It's beneath me. I'm Pink Squad. Let's move on.
    Platoon leader: I'll move on when I feel like it... All you guys got the goddamn message?... I'm so goddamn mad, hollering at you guys I can hardly talk. Pssh. Let's go to work.
    • Up x 5
  5. phreec

How does it work? Does the Platoon Leader set it or is it client side?

If it's client side then it's a bad idea unless everyone uses the same colour scheme. Call outs like "Purple 2 needs ammo on the roof" would be confusing as hell.
  6. Kirseva

Then use "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta" squad. It tells you the name of the squad you are in. When you look at the platoon tab it is ordered "Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta" from left to right.

The way it is set up, it looks like colors will only be client-side.
  7. Tommyp2006

Why would anyone call a squad by it's color instead of it's name? I've never heard anyone do that. The only ones who might do that would be pub squads, or inexperienced squad leaders.
  8. robo

Theoretically, a new player that doesn't know that Alpha is green, Bravo is gold, Charlie is purple, and Delta is black (it was yellow before, remember) would have an easier time looking at the map and finding "Green 3" instead of "Alpha 3".

Even an experienced player may have a momentary lapse when they have to think "Right...gold 1 is...bravo? Yeah, bravo."

After a while, you learn the corresponding name designation, but I've always been much more a fan of color designation for quick comprehension.

Now that they're giving us the ability to choose which color corresponds to which squad, that system might go out the window.