If all of the Major Bases are Giant Starships... Where are the Flight Controls and Command Bridges?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KlyptoK, May 29, 2013.

1. KlyptoK

Seriously, where is the flight bridge?
  2. SgtScum

I'm thinking those huge thrusters on the larger bases were for insertion from orbit from even larger transport vessels and that they were not actual crewed starships that needed such things.
    • Up x 3
  3. Radec594

[IMG]

Right in the middle, you can see the yellow shielded cockpit.
    • Up x 3
  4. Van Dax

DUDE what? they were space ships?!?!
  5. KlyptoK

Yeah, they all landed and deployed Starcraft-style.

Don't tell me you never noticed the Tech Plants giant landing gear and thrusters?

What about TR-BL4 Impact site on Esamir? That's the Terran Republic BioLab 4 crash site where a landing didn't quite go as planned.

What I want to know is is there some day in the far distant future where outfits can call in their own bases to deploy like this in the field?

Where are these massive transports? D: Are they still in orbit waiting to crash on all of us?! It would be cool if we could see them at night.
  6. Oathblivion

I want to see a flying base on one of the new continents. Come on, I'm sure it could be done. Plus, a base where you have to fly to get to it might make galaxies important again.
  7. Van Dax

[IMG]
    • Up x 6
  8. SturmovikDrakon

The huge facilities aren't ships themselves, they were dropped from orbit

As for the actual ships, probably time limitations. I suggested having them painted in the night sky fighting their own battles. Orbital platforms also exist (at least in PS1, that's where all the civilians lived)
    • Up x 3
  9. Zakuak

Wow this is cool stuff! I never knew about any of this, I had noticed the bases all looked as though they landed and deployed some how but I never dug into the origins. To bad there is not a deep back story laced into this game, if there is then SOE did a terribad job of tying it all together.
  10. Outreach

They aren't space ships so much as giant drop pods
  11. Bullwinkle 01

They don't need a bridge or flight controls, the commanders flew them from their iPhones.