Thinking of switching to TR from NC..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, May 28, 2013.

1. Skippytjc

To the OP: Ready to try Hard Mode huh? Come on over...if you have the boils!
    • Up x 1
  2. GuraKKa

Waterson TR is Hard Mode?
    Since when? LOL
  3. GuraKKa

4. Torok

5. Phazaar

The Prowler's definitely my favourite. Magrider's pretty sweet. Vanguard is a lot better now the shield actually works from time to time, but I still just feel like I'm begging someone to put an AP rocket up my ****. Slow and steady does -not- win the race.
  6. Konstantinn

I like prowler more than vanguard to be honest. 2 shots are much better against infantry.

1 direct hit from prowler kills infantry, 1 direct shot from vanguard kills infantry too.
    1 splash hit from vanguard does not kill infantry, 2 splash shots from prowler will though.

That's what makes it better.

Honestly on battlefield, for a tank, your biggest worry isn't other tanks so much. It's infantry with rockets and light assaults with c4. Air was pretty annoying before gu08 where ESF could strafe kill you from behind in one pass. It doesn't happen after armor buff. Bunch of infantry with rockets in different locations in and out of cover will still own you. Having one just doesn't do the job of keeping them in cover. If you're quick you can jump into you 2ndary turret, but that leaves your stationary.

Having gunner kind of solves the issue in many cases, but unless you are in a good organized outfit you are rolling solo a lot. Or have some random player that wastes all your ammo on trees... In organized outfit you are limited to how often you can pull MBT as it is too often dictated by SL/PL that you do something different.