E540 HALBERD problem

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Imortalvalk, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Imortalvalk

Not sure if this is a bug, reeeaaaaly hope it is.
    I unlocked it last night with station cash (500) intending to use it on all my tanks, for some reason it's only unlocked for the NC character I was on at the time. It is available for all factions, so why have I not got it on all factions?

It does have that weird thing where it says, NC use only, TR use only, VS use only but I always thought it was a bug they have not got around to fixing. If this does actually mean It is restricted to a single faction even with station cash then I will want a refund because I would rather buy it with 250 certs than waste the station cash because 200 more and you can buy 1000 cert weapons...
  2. Oreo202

Not a bug, intended.
  3. SenEvason

Probably should have asked before buying it. And no, it's not a bug. Some weapons seem to be the same, but are actually different data wise, and as such, have different ID's. They have said that they are looking into these kinds of weapons unlocking on each faction, but it's going to require more coding.
  4. Imortalvalk

Right... Is that not a bit messed up, same name, available for all factions, not a mutual unlock... Why would it have different stats?
  5. CommodoreFrank

It's not different stats. It's different IDs, as in the code, it's not considered the same thing, even if it's identical in look and performance.
  6. ACE McFACE

Its not a bug, just a really stupid idea of SoE. Plus the same weapons on different tanks have different values (as in positioning and stuff, not damage or RoF) so technically they're different weapons, that's why you don't unlock them on all MBTs.
  7. Imortalvalk

Right, fantastic, what are the chances (and procedure) of getting a refund?
  8. CommodoreFrank

It's going to be addressed eventually. They just didn't want to delay the unlocks any longer to wait for everything to be included. If you're really that unhappy, contact support and see if they can help you.
  9. Tamonize

Bought it in SC. I thought it will be unlocked for all my toons because it said so in the description. =(
  10. Wintermaulz

NECRO POST!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Izriul

Well, this is your own fault since it did state NC use only, it doesn't matter what you thought, it matters what was stated. That said, I believe you're entitled to one refund and one refund only, I personally haven't gotten one though so I am not 100% sure. You would need to ticket the billing department in game.
  12. Lyonid

Zero (and none).

As I'm sure you probably already know, or at least suspect, the Terms of Service (which we all carefully read before agreeing to... because that's what EVERYONE does, right?) can be summed up thusly:

"When it comes to Station Cash, you will give us (SOE) money and, in return, we will give you whatever the heck we feel like giving you. The virtual goods you receive may or may not match our own descriptions. They may or may not function. If they don't, we may or may not fix them. We may choose, without warning or justification, to radically alter, replace, or even remove an virtual goods you have purchased. In fact, when thinking about Station Cash, it would be simpler to consider the transaction as 'You will give us money [full stop]'"
    • Up x 1