NC Bursters

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Macchus, May 28, 2013.

1. Macchus

pretty much playing TR exclusively , i feel that , at least in the case of burster maxes , NC maxes need a damage or speed buff , as of right now NC AA is a joke compared to TR and VS .

again i pretty much exclusively play TR , so this isnt a whine thread .
    • Up x 11
  2. COMMANDER K33N

All bursters need a nerf. Not a buff.
    • Up x 20
  3. shadowkhat

its kind of like that across the board... weapons are great close range... but the recoil and COF make them better long range. kind of confusing weapons designed for close range but built for long. its like they didn't really know where to put the NC so they just haphazardly thrown in things to make them sound like they work.
  4. Macchus

not so sure about that , flak doesnt kill if you dont go into an area with 2+ aa maxes and hang around ... also not sure that any nerf to bursters will happen lol .. either way , NC Bursters need some love , maybe a specific burster cert or something for NC only , maybe it only gives half of the bonus of lockdown or something .
  5. HmmOkay

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Hahaha..ha....ha......ha...

You serious? The default dual burster is already way too effective, and just because VS and TR are now even more OP you want NC to be more OP too? NC is the only territory where you can fly longer than 5 seconds before you are shredded to nothingness..
    • Up x 3
  6. shadowkhat

naw don't combine other faction stuff... maybe more along the lines of a gauss burster or ( hate to say it) shotgun type burster hate that the NC are forced to be the "shotgun" faction when our shotguns all suck unless they are the universal ones lol shotgun faction when everyone else has the same thing... makes sense.
  7. GoldenDeath

NC should get some sort of attack bonus for their maxes, as the TR and VS got one, though there is also that ever recurring bug of flak not doing any damage which could use a fix.....
    • Up x 1
  8. COMMANDER K33N

I unlocked the second burster arm last night. It's OP.
    • Up x 1
  9. Macchus

lol...

bursters dont kill pilots .
    bad pilots kill pilots .

sorry 1 burster doesnt .
    but 1 lockdown burster does .

just because you get spanked by AA all the time doesnt make it op or overly effective .
    its a little over the top in general , but its not as bad as some would claim .

hovering kills . dont hover folks , dont leave your loved ones behind ...
  10. Cyridius

What this guy said.

Anti-Air is far too potent at the moment across the board. Bursters need mega nerfs and Skyguards really need to be buffed and made good at their job.
  11. Macchus

lol nice you unlocked it now played 5 minutes , and claim it is op . base burster is over the top but not op . 2 base bursters . not op .
    lockdown Burster lvl1 OP.
    not sure if ZOE burster is to much as i dont play VS often , but its a lot scarier then NC tickles
  12. Macchus

i agree tha skyguards need to be more effective than a burster max , but my point is that the NC burster needs some lovin regardless of future AA nerfs .

shield is very situational .

Lvl 1 lockdown Burster , is also a good antiinfantry weapon now to , obviously only in certain situations , but still.
  13. HmmOkay

I believe I said dual bursters. I use them myself. Without ZOE - like NC does. The result? Anything that doesn't hover gets ganked for 80% damage. Only way to survive me, is by AB away before I can unload 2 mags. I alone can effectively deter air on 1 base. With my buddy, we create total air denial. And ZOE and Lockdown makes it only even more potent. I do not believe you can say that AA vs AIR is balanced, and what OP is asking, is even less balance.

And to reply to your bad pilot statement: I am not bad. I don't hover unless there is no AA and I can pick multiple targets with my nosegun. But even then I strafe and keep 100km/h a minimum.
  14. Macchus

sorry bad wording . i meant a single dual burster max .

also not sure how you are getting spanked so much ..

seems to be more of an issue in small battles . larger battles more flak but less actually hits . i also neve said tha air was balanced .

im saying regardless of future AA nerfs , the NC burster max will need something to give it a boost as the shield is pretty useless outside .
  15. MajiinBuu

Lol some people act as if every single VS AA max in the game is using ZoE. I'd say maybe less than half.
    I'd rather use ammo cans, it's way more effective than running out of ammo after killing the first Liberator, and Engineers aren't always there to shove ammo in your face.
  16. Macchus

so , at least in some people opinion , nerfing is the end all , be all , of game balance .

i understand that a lot of people are calling for nerf to aa , and thatès fine .

this isnt a nerf AA thread , or a nerf bursters thread .

im trying to have a discussion about the balance between the faction maxes .

by all means post about nerfing . but just know that this inst intended to be another NERF thread .
  17. COMMANDER K33N

18. llPendragon

Thank you.
    I appreciate your understanding in the nuances of the new MAX abilities.
    • Up x 3
  19. GSZenith

yes buff burster for nc ;)
  20. Macchus

did not make a thread about specifically buffing AA

i did however make a thread about specifically buffing the NC burster to put it on par with the other factions Burster maxes , regardless of future balance changes to AA..

also one lone (even dual) burster is not op ...

you are just set on only discussing the fact that you think that AA is op . thats fine i guess .

i am discussing the fact that NC burster maxes are not and will not be on par with other faction bursters , regardless of future nerfing .
    maybe NC will get sparrow max lock on AA ability , i doubt it but who knows ....