either Recert or cert refund Your choice SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrGurrenLemfox, May 22, 2013.

1. SencneS

You really should read page one...
    http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/refund_policies

Here are some highlights -
    "California law requires that retailers who have a policy of not providing a cash refund, credit or exchange when an item is returned with proof of purchase within 7 days of purchase must inform consumers about their refund policies by conspicuously placing a written notice about their policies, in language that consumers can understand, so that it can be easily seen and read."
    "The policy must be displayed either at each entrance to the store, at each cash register and sales counter, on tags attached to each item, or on the company's order forms, if any."
    "If a store violates this law (California Civil Code section 1723), the purchaser can return an item for a full refund within 30 days of purchase."
    I'll note here it doesn't "EXCLUDE" online stores. While we are not purchasing items in which we own, we are purchasing lease on items in game for use. Which means if I am unhappy for whatever reason, the lack of TOS Policy being placed on each individual item on the In-Game store front means I have 30 days to return it and get a full refund.
  2. Frotang

a new player could purchase every gun I unlocked for 6000 SC less, although that makes me salty it's not my biggest issue. My big gripe is the fact that Pre GU9 most weapons had a 1000 cert price tag with a lower 700 SC cost, now I know SC does not equal certs but it does somewhat coax the player into using SC to purchase in order to save 1000 certs to upgrade the newly purchased weapons. I'd say about half the weapons I own now I would have purchased with Certs instead of SC had the lower prices been established from the beginning, oh well at least we supported the game in it's infancy. Something neat they could do would be to have a unique weapon skin for weapons purchased at the more expensive prices, this way they are rewarding they loyal players who supported the game with a unique weapon skin while still appealing to the newer players with the cheaper weapons that have a generic skin.
  3. SencneS

That's actually a pretty reasonable exchange - Or change the much needed model, we all kind of use a very similar weapon model, why not give those expensive weapons which are now cheap, some sort of alteration. I'd be willing to live with gold plated missile launchers :)
  4. MFP_TK_01

You put your foot in your mouth again. While we are not purchasing items in which we own - SencneS. You have no proprietary right of said item. You paid nothing for said item. You have no bill of sale for said item. Therefore you have no ownership of said item.

This means you get nothing! Good job in owning yourself.

Now onto your silly law which is exactly the one I thought it would be.

They did put this in a place for you to see. It's right here. It came up before you entered the game for the first time. Since you are US I'm assuming that you can read and understand English which is what that copy is written in. You clicked on it stating that you agree to the terms and conditions. Did you not see the message on the way into the store?

Your argument is beyond futile. By the way, I am really confused now. You say that you aren't going to go after SOE for $10, which is understandable considering that you never paid for the cert points mentioned, and yet you keep bringing this law up like it's your morning glory. This law means nothing to you if you don't use it. It also, as I thought, does precisely jack to overthrow the TOS, mostly because you never made a freaking purchase.

Edit: Got one more to add

Did you miss that part?
  5. cfnz

Sadly this is something I'm very hesitant to do with other f2p games now after my experiences with PS2.
    • Up x 1
  6. SencneS

I've pretty much maintained that if we get a CERT Wipe option and we don't get the certs we used in order to obtain the item in the first place, we damn well better get the difference. Either now or later I don't care when. Thirty day refund is a gray area, the rights provided by the California law are not really defined for this type of transaction, but vague enough to apply, if you're willing to see. You are only providing your point of view, and ignoring the other point...

Keep in mind we're dealing with leases or license here, a contract in which we pay SOE some money, in return they give us the "right to use" the item in the game, why? Because the TOS also states we don't own any items in game. It's still subject, the contract to use the item in game is what we're buying, and THAT IS the item.. In fact it in itself is not a virtual item, it is an agreement to use, one provided by SOE to the buyer in the real world. So hiding behind "Virtual items" is negated by the fact that all virtual items are in turn "right to use" lease/licenses sold by SOE as defined by their very own TOS. Don't care about refund for the item, care about refund for the contract we paid for, a contract which according to state law also has a return policy. And this one is pretty damn clear!

Legal Stuff...

From SOE TOS.
    G. Miscellaneous
    This Agreement is governed in all respects by the substantive laws of the State of California and of the United States of America.

http://www.sse.gov.on.ca/mcs/en/Pages/What_Are_My_Rights.aspx
    Under the Consumer Protection Act, 2002, you have the right to cancel an agreement and have your money returned to you if:
    • The contract is subject to a cooling off period. You have the absolute right to cancel (for any reason) within 10 days of receiving a written copy of the agreement.
    10 days - If I want to back out of my agreement with SOE to use that item I have 10 days to do so and I don't even need to provide a reason! I just say I don't want to pay for this contract please remove and refund me what I paid.
    That's being nice considering we don't "agree" to the "no refund" policy in any transaction via the in-game store front. Which is what I've been using as my platform for a full 30 days refund. A contract can be sold like a retail item, that doesn't change the fact it's an item to be purchased, so purchasing a contract like this still applies the original law I stated.

I'd like to add that you're argument about it being defective is HALF the statement..
    Continue reading the law... Because all you sited was sellers do not have to return items that are not defective.

Sellers are not required by law to accept returned items unless they are defective. However, California law requires that retailers who have a policy of not providing a cash refund, credit or exchange when an item is returned with proof of purchase within 7 days of purchase must inform consumers about their refund policies by conspicuously placing a written notice about their policies, in language that consumers can understand, so that it can be easily seen and read.

The law goes on to say - The policy must be displayed either at each entrance to the store, at each cash register and sales counter, on tags attached to each item, or on the company's order forms, if any.

This is not the case - When starting the game, we do not "re-agree" to the TOS, when entering the in-game store we do not agree or are given notice that these items are part of a no-refund policy, also the items themselves also do not display the "These are no-refund items" or anything of the sort.

The law is pretty clear here, MUST be clearly displayed or agreed to every transaction or when entering the store. Planetside 2 fails this. So not only do I have 10 days to back out of the lease/license to use contract and get a full refund, they failed store front California laws involving no-refund policies.
  7. MFP_TK_01

You do realize that you just linked me a law for Toronto Canada right? gov.ca =/= California.

******* internet lawyers.....
    • Up x 1
  8. Ash87

The price dropped, no big deal

No need to get your panties in a twist about it.

Also, for people who are saying the game is hemorrhaging players: Perspective

The game isn't doing as badly as you want it to, sorry.
  9. Macchus

stop argue .

SOE GIVE RECERT ITEM SOON .
    YOUR ADORING PUBLIC DEMANDS IT .

YOURS IN SUPERIOR TACTICALITY

MACCHUS

TRADITIONAL VICTORY ALWAYS
  10. MFP_TK_01

CAPS WILL IMPROVE MY VIEWS
  11. Macchus

IT WAS NOT ABOUT IMPROVING YOUR VIEWS OR ANYONE ELSES ... MFP...

THANK YOU .
  12. MFP_TK_01

WE SHOULD ALWAYS TALK LIKE THIS ON THE FORUMS, IT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO GET THE POINT ACROSS WITH OUR LARGE WORDS.
  13. The King

You're silly..
    I bought my PC in 1999 for $2000..
    But now it's worth <$100....

I feel that Intel and ATI and all them ripped me off because I paid $2000 to build my PC... Now it's worthless... SOB!!!

Or, I bought a new game for $59.99 6 months ago..
    Now it is $39.95.. They ripped me off....

Do you even think before posting?
    Oh.. I bought a pack of tenderloins for $4.95
    That was 7 days ago.. These are marked down now for $3.25...
    I feel ripped off. omgz.
    :eek: :rolleyes:
  14. Macchus

WHAT POINT ... WHY YOU CARE ... CALM DOWN ... HAVE FUN ONCE IN AWHILE GUY .

vinegar .
  15. Macchus

ewww so 14 day old tenderloin by then really ...
  16. MFP_TK_01

I MAKE POINT IN THREAD EARLIER. YOU CAN'T SEE BECAUSE I USE SMALL FONT.
  17. Macchus

OK . IS OK . I FORGIVE . :eek:
  18. Macchus

lol as im from canada that might make more sense for me ...

funny that he stated california law ...:rolleyes:
  19. SgtScum

Both those links state that if a company has no return policy that it is required to have prodigious signs to that effect.

Again there is no state law that requires any retailer to give out refunds for any reason past obvious defects or safety issues and again no laws on those are actually binding and only serve as a reason to take them to small claims court.

Meh... people who do a quick google search vainly looking for a defense should actually read the stuff they dredge up before they toss it out... :p
  20. Pivke

one of the stupidest requests recently! seriously just quit the damn game...

if you can manage to read the entire SOE terms of service in backwards, you find a hidden link that leads you to this video:

• Up x 1