[Myth Buster] ADAD warping and ZOE max Video Relation

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 28, 2013.

1. Izriul

You mean, like you? Go on then, prove this other than a myth.
  2. Zotamedu

See, this is what happens when you do not bother to read what you are replying to. You are talking about something completely irrelevant to what I was saying.
  3. Van Dax

So you've proven that there IS a warping problem, but it doesn't occur normally outside of sprint-strafing (which who the hell cares? its not like he can actually shoot) and high ping which will occur if you are strafing or not.
  4. Wilden

Read my previous post Van Dax

The video was created on accident while i was learning how to warp. since we're on the same server nuggetman i can easily show you how its done on a ZOE max suit and can show you how to warp the same way.

To anybody who say's they cant shoot, well its true you cant shoot while doing this. But here the thing, like i said in my other post, to get to a position to kill or you want to close a gap you can warp your way there. To get out of a situation where your in too deep, you can warp your way out. Every other non zoe max does not have an advantage such as this to allow them to go pretty much 70-1. Other maxes might get into a good killing position but once they realized they're gonna be screwed in the next 10 seconds its already too late. You can't warp strafe your way out. Nor can other maxes run past a kill zone get at the juicy infantry in the room and still come back out to tell the tale. You can say charge, but charge is a one way ticket,INTO the thick of it or OUT of the thick of it, ZOE is a permanent charge from this perspective that allow you to actually do hit and run as a normal infantry does while being 10x as durable as a softie. Its like playing a normal class with none of the disadvantages of a max, and guns that have faster TTK than other guns. Its currently a class you play as much as you can, and the only reason your not playing it is because your on cooldown. There's no real decision that needs to be made if you want to kill, and this right here is the problem with ZOE.
  5. NeverWas

if that's the case, that sprint warping would be considered as a glitch exploitation.

imo exploitation should always not be consider when it comes to balancing a game.

a fine example of such occassion would be the techplant pillar glitch exploitation before GU02.

would you balance weapons and increase the ttk , and light up the infantry when it's shooting at you inside pillar then call it 'balance' , or would you try to fix the glitch and exploitation instead ?

let's see it in other way. If ZOE MAX are unable to warp around the battle field by using sprint warping, how is ZOE MAX as an ability itself ?
  6. Wilden

calling it an exploit is a little too harsh. The problem is the netcode of the game is pretty much already set in stone, and the netcode is why this is happening. Without it being this way, the server would probably melt in 1hr. The reason why this isnt used or seen on a more wide scale is that infantry have a much much shorter TTK than a max and while this warping does mess with hitbox and hit registration of a person, more bullets is always the answer. The thing with max's is it takes as many shots as it takes to shoot down an ESF with small arms so this ADAD warping as people are referring to it as is a lot more pronounced.

So to your point of exploits should not be taken into consideration, the thing is an ability such as this should not have been in the game in the first place with the way the game is written. Its no longer of question of fixing part of the game but more of a question of what needs to be changed, since there is no way they are gonna rewrite their game, to balance out ZOE.
  7. HadesR

Better perspective .. No macro's just AD spamming

No comment from myself .. It's just for those that are interested and it's a better perspective of the Max itself than the vid in the OP.
  8. Nuggetman

So it is Ok for heavy assault, light assault, and any other infantry class to warp around, but not OK for Zoe max to warp around? I understand you how you feel because I deal with the same issues on the battlefield. I would even say that light assaults exploiting hit detection is even more gamebreaking than any other class. If you really want to break the netcode then just use your jetpack. Why is it such a problem now?
  9. Wilden

HadesR if your still online would you mind recording me while I show you how warping with a zoe max looks like? Tell me what server your on and i'll hop on. I been looking for somebody to record it for me if you have the time.
  10. HadesR

11. Assist

Anyone complaining about "ADAD" warping is a complete nub. They're just looking for excuses because they're bad at the game. It's called strafing and there has been no isses since early beta involving server/client desyncing because of spamming of any movement keys.
    I should teach a class to the bads about how to strafe. 1-2-3-A, 1-2-3-D, 1-2-3-A, 1-2-3-D. OMGHAXCHEATERNERF
    Truth hurts kids, get over it and move on to some other complaint that has no merit.
  12. Loegi

I see no link, sure it's not embedded? And you could've linked the actual post, not the page. I prefer not to search it myself, and that would've been more efficient.
  13. Nuggetman

14. HadesR

I didn't claim the video contained warping .. It's just there since it gives a better perspective than the one used in the OP ..

Now people can debate all they like about warping and speed while having something to relate to.

If I'm honest I notice a couple of skips, but I couldn't with any certainty claim what it is .. It could be just the iffy leg animation playing tricks on the eye.
  15. Wilden

comparing it to quake where its a sandbox game and hit detection isn't an issue. OK fine lets use quake as an example, but instead I have 1000 health and 1000 armor and you have 100 health and 0 armor and you move at half my speed while your shooting at me.
  16. GuraKKa

How to reproduce an ADAD warping MAX:

1. Start your favorite emule and torrent client.
    2. Start downloading a bunch of stuff and set their limits to "unlimited"
    3. Start planetside, and record a video.
    4. ???
    5. Profit! (Now you can go back to QQ in the forums with "proof" that ZOE is OP because of how networking works, GJ!)
  17. Xasapis

I find this movement reasonable, easy to hit and if you can observe it clearly shows that the max has momentum. It's also my outtake of how a zoe max looks like when moving, ie as a twice big infantry that move slightly slower than infantry and as if he has bad reflexes.
  18. C0L0NELH0GAN

Not a tiny warp in this video...
  19. Nuggetman

The issue you have is with hit detection in general and not the ZOE. I understand your frustration, but you cannot **** an entire faction because of "Hit detection sucks in this game".

You are spewing propaganda now and I can no longer take this serious. A lone infantryman is usually not designed to take a max unit solo. From this post alone it sounds like you are upset because you are having difficulty 1v1 max units as a footsoldier.

Your comparison is broken. Infantry have much higher healthpools than 100 in theory. They also have an armor pool.. You can equip armors and use regen kits to aid you in your combat. Stop lying to try and progress your agenda. Let's keep this factual.
  20. Wilden

WARPING MAX FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANTED A VIDEO. THANKS TO A OUTFIT MEMBER WHO SPENT TIME TO DO THIS.

{http://www.twitch.tv/kartoffel1/b/409400368}

Please edit your first thread OP to account for this. Simple warping without an actual location to go towards. Video didn't actually do justice to what long time users of infantry warping can do as i simple just learned this today, but goes to show warping as well as moving in a direction that your not even facing. Again this cant be used while shooting but is more than enough to get you where you want to go be it behind cover or past a kill zone while messing with hit registration. Add on to the fact that this is in warpgate and not a heated battle, and you can just imagine what it would actually be like in combat.