What is the minimum/recommended internet connection for Planetside 2 ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fiikery, May 28, 2013.

1. Fiikery

I have been played this game for 1 month or so. Quite happy with this game.The problem is since the last update I always see players teleporting around the map.Not only the players, but also the vehicles always spinning around. This only happen after the latest update. Not sure what the problem is. I thought it is my fps rate but the game run smoothly. My connection remains the same, didn't slow down. I'm using wireless since the wired could not reach my computer. Hoping someone to explain this.

Basic spec :
    Intel i7 3770 Processor @ 3.4GHz
    Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
    GTX 660 Ti GPU
    2X4GB RAM
    Window 7 Ultimate (x64)
    4 mbps internet connection.
  2. SharpLight

You don't need a large internet band to play, I think 4 mbps is enough, the problem is latency. I have about 12 mbps but high latency, about 120 ms ping to the server so that is a problem for me. Use 'ping -t' to continually ping the server and see what you get (post a screen shot).

If players start to fly and vehicles just move in straight line for a couple of seconds then everything just warps around (and vehicles start to spin) you packets are being dropped by the wireless (the ping will show that as "request timed out").
  3. Fiikery

Thanks mate
    I forgot to screenshot the result, but the I got over 140 ms :(