[Suggestion] Tired of ridiculous balance swings

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BreakingGame, May 26, 2013.

1. BreakingGame

Stop breaking the balance with every GU or weapon release, its starting to look like nothing more that a money grab for the latest ultra game breaking feature/weapon/faction that lasts for 3 months until the "hot fix" for the extremely OP or UP feature that was obvious from the beginning.
    • Up x 3
  2. ExarRazor

blame higby.

he's more than proven he hasn't got a clue how to do his job.

smedly needs to fire his *** already
    • Up x 1
  3. ent|ty

Once you stop worrying about balance, and just play the game to every class/faction/vehicle/weapons strengths and weaknesses, and make it a game about challenging yourself and oh, maybe taking an otherwise 'underpowered' weapon and learn to melt faces with it, then it doesn't matter.

For example, take a Lasher and continuously use it for a month or several. Take your deaths, take your lumps, and you will start to own with it. People will call you a hacker, or post about nerfing it on the forums,and you will smile with pride. Screw balance.

"balance" was never a term I heard in my early days of gaming. I'm pretty sure that crap started just after WoW came out, and players wanted Priests to be able to stand toe to toe in melee with Warriors.

And Paladins in 500lbs of armor wanted to outdance the agility of a lightly armored Rogue. You know. that kind of insane ********.
    And here we are in modern games. "Balance this,balance that . OP! UP! WAHh"

In a few years, we will have the 'balancing of player skill' so that players that are found to be 'good', will suddenly be handicapped in the game by decreased armor, damage etc, to 'balance' them out with lesser skilled players who are unhappy dying so much and threaten to cancel their subs, lol.
  4. BreakingGame

Agreed..
  5. LT_Latency

Cause when you were a kid games were not even online so you didn't talk about them online.

You just said, Odd job is too small in golden eye 64 so only bad people can use him to the people in the room
    • Up x 2
  6. BreakingGame

But they will nerf it, thats my point, they don't let the numbers speak for themselves, they get the game to a reasonable state of balance and then destroy it again and again. All to rake in moar cash
  7. ent|ty

Umm no, you're incorrect.
  8. TintaBux

The game just gets ruined with each patch with ridicules balances between factions/weapons. How can this game last for years on end with such changes every update?
  9. TintaBux

He's correct.
  10. ent|ty

Umm no, he's incorrect about his assumptions as to my age and gaming history.
    Thanks though, for trying.
  11. HadesR

The OP does kinda have a point .. They get the game to be reasonably balanced and then add something that while not game breaking tips the balance scales again.

But GU9 seems better than most .. I haven't run into anything I would say is " OP " ( including the new Max abilities ) .. Are tweaks needed ? Ofc that's a no - brainer .. But there isn't anything thats " OMG HOT FIX NOE !!!! " ...

Well apart from the Nix static :mad:
  12. QuakerOatsMan

Assuming you're referring to the GU9 patch (because you posted this thread today rather than several GUs ago) which primarily released MAX abilities, how is that a "money grab" move? They only cost certs, which any player saving up for maybe a week could have easily heavily certed into (it's even a double exp weekend right now, and they also lowered cert prices of many basic weapons), or at least tested in the VR or even in the test server. They tried doing prerelease balancing with the test server, but if you really wanted to affect the process of how they balanced new content (if you really cared), you would have been playing in the test server giving advice to the devs to help instead of post-patch whining (ie: not helping at all). Devs often actively talk to players about the content during live play in the test servers. They also look at the test server section of the forums.

The only way things may seem "OP" is because of the differentiation; the devs are starting to distinguish each faction's content more and more, so one faction will be more clearly different. If you don't want a 3-different-factions game, then what do you want? NS-only content?
  13. soeguud

It's not so much balance as perceived balance issues that are ruining this game. Forumside lights up about TR and VS advantages, and Briggs, which is unfortunately damn sensitive about crap like this, watches a mass exodus from NC to the other factions.

It's so demoralizing that it's gotten to the point where despite having population majority, you'll find NC completely avoiding the alerts, with a showing even less than that of the vanus. .
  14. SneakyTaffer

I'm still not buying pump-action shotties because I'm afraid they are gonna get nerfed.