Wow, Lattice is BORING

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ent|ty, May 23, 2013.

1. usages wnbgrintooth

On your cons I would have to say capturing bases before were meaningless as well...just capture and leave to recapture a half hour later...as far as cover I would say as a sniper they made cover a whole lot better...not sure what you are looking at...no flanking? I do that all the time and snipe from behind the enemy...again not sure what you are talking about there. Getting steamrolled...that's just funny...can not count the number of times we were steamrolled or did it to another faction on hex. Vehicle spam...have seen far less of that on Indar since the change but that may just be my server. Many nights before I would just log out as there would be virtually no infantry to fight and as an INF not a lot for me to do against the massive amounts of vehicle that were out there except offer them target practice...my number of kills has greatly increased under lattice since less vehicles and more infantry...as far as too cluttered...not sure what you mean but I really like how it is now so not thinking that is a bad thing...just an opinion.
    • Up x 1
  2. R-A-B

I suspect the majority want to spend there time fighting the large battles that are the games main selling point rather than capturing empty bases or fighting the smaller skirmishes.
    • Up x 3
  3. Boomotang

What's wrong with ghost capping is it's annoying to defend, not fun. But you have to try and defend it, because if you don't then enemy platoons could start spawning there. Really there's nothing wrong with the concept of ghost capping. It was just too easy to do and incredibly annoying to counter before.

It should not be EASY to capture territory to the enemy's flank. You should have to work for it. It's fun defending a base against multiple squads. It isn't fun defending a base against 1-6 people, maybe none if no one comes.

No one here is getting paid to stand around gaurding empty bases. That is the main reason why it can be more fun for ghost cappers than people trying to defend their territory from ghost cappers. All ghost capping is usually is a game of whack-a-mole, not a game of war.
    • Up x 3
  4. FrankManic

It's the same upswing that happens every time a big GU drops.
  5. usages wnbgrintooth

also a pro that you forgot is it offers a far better experience for new players to the game...now as you learn the game maybe not so and I can't answer that until I have played it a lot more than I have.
  6. commandoFi

Funny, right after lattice went live Mattherson VS held Scarred Mesa Skydock as their last foothold for quite some time.
  7. Caydn

yep its boring , its all sheep herding now
    • Up x 1
  8. usages wnbgrintooth

lol guess we won't have to worry about seeing you on Indar then...enjoy the other continents. Funny thing is almost every night when I log in I have to get in line to warp to Indar now as it is full...just glad I have a membership so it don't take to long.
  9. Lyel

Don't threaten the devs with uninstalling, they really don't care if they lose one player.

What they DO care about, however, is the 42 people who liked your post, and they're obviously working on ways to improv what we've got. The majority likes Lattice, that is the way it's going to be. But the majority also agrees that Lattice needs improvement, so for gods sake, STOP SAYING REMOVE, INSTEAD SAY TO TO IMPROVE IT.
  10. Duke

hahahhahahah...I was going to..... Hell im still going to do... wait one.. THERE... I singled out your post...

Yes.. THEY DO...

They've lost THOUSANDS of people.... Stop being stupid.... it's a trickle effect dude.... They lose one, they lose two... THEY have buddies... They loose seven? That's potentially 70.......... They care.... and people aren't leaving because of Lattice.. They are leaving because there is NO FRUCKING reason to play........The Lattice system has been the VERY FIRST THING they've done right since before we told them NOT TO RELEASE IT FROM BETA YET............

We told them things were wrong... They are JUST now fixing them and by GOD I want to support them on that... IF they understand they fracked up, support them in fixing them... It's when they deny what's wrong when the entire world KNOW'S it's wrong... That's what bothers me... They know they fracked up.... They are trying to fix it..... I get that and I support them... They have done a REALLY good thing here and ALL of us stupid sob's need to back them up so we have the game we deserve.

Edit: Did you know that PS1 is f2p...
  11. Lyel

Uh, no, PS1 is f2p for 6 months for previous subscribers. :(

People leave all games, it's a cycle. But Summers literally about to start, so expect a population boom VERY soon....

SOE! IT'S ALMOST PEAK-MONTH! GET ON MARKETING YOUR GAME RIGHT NOW!!!!

PS: ......you intoxicated atm? just wonderin... o__o
  12. Duke

Yes... Very intoxicated.

Yes.. It's a cycle.. (yet for some reason TEN years later we still have 400+ players on Sunday night.)

PS1 is F2P for 6 months until it goes OFFICIALLY F2P ( hence the disabling of Core Combat expansion.)

Planetside 1 players who know that this game is F2P ( who will get on here and read tomorrow) will say "oooo PS1 is F2P, I DID NOT KNOW) .... That's why I'm spamming it........ There was no real announcement .... Twitter does not count, F twitter... I don't follow that and I would NOT follow Smed or Higby if I did... ... ..... well maybe I would... BUT I DONT... They probably don't either...
    • Up x 1
  13. Advanced Darkness

PS1 vet here. Dont care if PS2 has lattice or hex, playing PS1 again, enjoying it, spending alot of hrs on it, not returning to your PS2. If you really want accurate info from actual PS1 vets and not from some who played for a week or a month id suggest stopping over at Planetside Universe froums and asking because thats where we are.

Having lattice is a very small almost moot point when it comes to PS2. We have lattice on PS1 and its just fine there so dont assume PS1 vets are not playing PS2 because of hex to lattice. heh thats nothing. The words that comes to mind are disenfranchised and ignored. Ask about that and youll hear something.

Lattice on PS2? pfft..ok
  14. Lyel

Lol, hope your night was fun :)

But I'll try out planetside 1 when it comes out, but im admittedly more of a CoD style player- just hop on, find a platoon in the middle of a battle, and follow my leaders way-points :) So I MIGHT not enjoy it as much as hope...
  15. Duke

See! That's the beauty of Planetside 1... You can do that..... ... After three minutes of work....... You decide you want to be in constant battle, you want what you do to mean something and then you just ask.... Someone invites you to a squad, which turns into a big-*** platoon and you're all defending Hurrakan for six hours and you realize you have work in the morning..... In a nutshell (and you can do it SO many different ways) that's Planetside 1........ You CAN drop in for an hour, or you CAN drop in for five minutes and WANT to stay for five hours....... That's the damn difference....... Man this don't make any sense to you and I swear to God in Heaven I cannot express in words how this is until you've experienced it.
  16. Advanced Darkness

All spam is appreciated. SOE is keep it tight lipped. Constant battles over there with a way smaller pop and we're having way more fun even with the smaller pop. BTW NC could use some help. We're getting curb stomped by TR and sidewalk slammed by the VS if you can believe it. :)

Any true NC would come reinforce us. Freedom Over Oppression !
  17. Duke

LOL give it time brother.... WE can NOW enjoy PS1 once again while PS2 fixes it's ways... I most definitely want this beautiful Planetside 2 to reach the Magnificent Planetside 1 status of playability.. We just need be patient and let everyone know OUR Planetside 1 is F2P and then let them correct Planetside 2 WHICH they are currently doing with Lattice.
    • Up x 1
  18. Advanced Darkness

Correct. I never got tired of cloaking behind enemy lines, dropping gens, uploading viruses, hacking AMSs and turning base wall turrets against the enemy. 2 days straight lost track of time, late for work twice. Havent had a game do that since...well since i was last playing PS1 a few yrs back.
    • Up x 2
  19. Advanced Darkness

Yeah ive given it time. I watched the development. We've put our 2 cents in way back, ignored. I'm not doing another Swtor watch and wait. That game hasnt gotten any better and i'm not going to dream that this one will come close to PS1.

I'm content with playing PS1 again and thatll do. Let these guys have more of the same and less of the different. Thats what they want. Evey "new" or Planetside-ish thing added is deemed OP, unfair, too hard, or unbalanced. I mean theyre already pumping money into the the game the way it is. Some id-..player was bragging how he had bought atleast $200 in SC in a little over a month. Another guy burnt $1200 in 3-4 months. Its beyond laughable. Theyre not wanting a game to play and earn, theyre waiting for the next bunch of hats and helmets to go on sale.

SOE ignored PS1 players from the start so why should that change. I say give the non PS1 players their run and gun and shotgun game and GOOD DAY SIR!!
  20. Duke

WELL COME BACK son.... It's F2P.......... We need folks... Right now on Hossin I'm dead and talking on this damned forum trying to get more VS (ffs i said ...ya.. I'm vs..) To fight the fight!...

Be you TR or VS OR the OP SOB's with JH's NC.... Come on...... We want yo ***.. to play... and it's FREE..and.....it's......fun.........