Welcome to Campside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by arumizyr, May 26, 2013.

1. jessewhat

Hey when there is no good squads to join, what else can I do besides getting free certs?
  2. TehBenju

if you've been pushed off all of your defensive options, out of your buildings, DON'T HAVE ANY DEFENSIVE SUNDERERS then you have already lost the fight. Shooting through spawn shields just lets you get a few kills from safety with no counter (other than staying out of line of sight)

You call the attackers campers, yet you want to be able to sit in the spawn rooms, pitch a tent, have a weeny roast, and get free kills?
    • Up x 1
  3. Lyel

How about join the counter-attack?
  4. Macchus

yeah dont see why we need shields at all now . obviously the whole explosive' against infantry thing that soe loves to screw around with . i say remove sheilds from all areas excpet maybe the actual spawn rooms in towers the ones you cant really shoot out of anyway. and maybe add doors to existing detached spawn rooms , or even put them inside building or underground . why have all these open spaces we cant shoot out of and no one can shoot in ? might as well just cut off line of sight and add doors imo .
    bad base design is the resason for most issues of spawn camping ..
  5. Ixidron

No, it's not stupid, for example, a couple of days ago vanu managed to lock us in the spawn, another guy and me redeployed to a nearby base behind their lines, it was a tower, so we used the turrets and started blowing up their tanks, destroyed 5 magriders and 1 lighting, the other guy destroyed about the same number, and the rest of the tanks ran away, without that our guys managed to push and we defended the hex.
  6. FendleyFire

Start a good squad?
  7. Teegeeack

I suppose there are a few cases where it's possible, especially on Indar. But there are many bases where it isn't.
  8. ent|ty

I guess he has run into the intermittent shields in some bases and towers where you CANT. I've run into them myself and figured "oh there they go, they changed it", but its inconsistent. Also I posted about some shields you can't even see through at night, due to their glow, further limiting defender LOS to see what's out there before leaving its safety.
    Yeah because defenders sit behind shields on purpose to farm. Wow, please don't be this ignorant.
    I sit behind shields because 1) I refuse to give you an easy kill, 2) because I'm trapped and i can't get out 3) Enemies are blocking my way from getting out and are stupid enough to be shot, I can shoot thru shields, so why not.

XP is an afterthought for me, maybe not for you. I dont reward spawn campers by running out and dying. I punish them by causing as much damage and death from that location until there is an opening and I can go out and recap.
    That's not defense. By your own words, it is a counter-attack, and therefore is an irrelevant solution to the OP's topic.
    And that happens within moments when the Zerg arrives. GG.
    You will always be outnumbered, because attackers are favored in PS2. They can park sundies in very hard to reach places, out of the LOS of the defender, any defensive turrets destroyed within moments, defender spawn points outside the base, or stuck in the middle like fish in a barrel. The list of bad base design for defense can go on and on.

But I agree, defenders once trapped in their spawn (usually in just a minute), should just log out or redeploy. Bore the Zerg out of their mind as they camp the spawn waiting for the whack-a-mole to show his head.
  9. phreec

You've already lost once you're pushed back and farmed in your spawnroom. I hate you people who then sit there doing nothing in order to recap but just shoot from inside the spawnroom. If you intend to flip it back you'll need to utilize various tactical tools like the infiltrator cloak, smoke grenades, flashbangs and not just sit there doing nothing.
    • Up x 1
  10. arumizyr

Bottom line almost every advantage should be in the defenders corner, they should be able to dig in and slaughter you from behind shields, on turrets and so forth regardless of size. There is a reason why IRL it takes 2 to 3 x the number of attackers to defenders with terrible casualties, because people build bases to be easily defensible.
    • Up x 1
  11. HellasVagabond

Well to be completely honest what else are shields for if not to provide cover for the defenders ? I mean if you are stupid enough to get in the limited line of sight most spawn rooms provide you should die.
    Unfortunately PS2 should be nominated for wosrt game design, support and development of the decade and should easily win actually.
    • Up x 1
  12. vaxx

Yeah, if you stand in front of a spawn shield, you should be shot. Period.

Also being able to shoot out helps when you do rush out to get to a point. I am baffled why this was changed. The only people that are for it, sound like the people dumb enough to stand in front of it and got killed.

They changed bases and spawn rooms to give the defenders a fighting chance, now they changed some back to attackers advantage? Oooooo k.

Bottom line, attackers always have the advantage. Defenders usually do not. Not a good design choice, IMO.
  13. mina5

what is so damn hard to get it if you are spawn camped you have LOST THE BASE !!
  14. arumizyr

What is so hard to get that no you havn't and being able to fight out gives you a chance to rally and push them out. I have seen it happen a dozen times, hard fought even if it is just to hold them and weaken them for your reinforcements. All this has done is given the campers a easier target without risk, without fear of being pushed back. Bad design is bad design.
  15. St0mpy

I was in Rashnu earlier, we won the lab, it was ours, then NC arrived and fought hard (its their lab after all) and suddenly there was a point where we were encountering resistance but still had A well defended, but there was more and more people hanging out in the spawn room than actually getting out and defending A.

Finally we lost A and the spawn is alive with people fighting at the door, no effort to get out, it was sickening, we coulda fought back from the safe A flag but with more inside the spawn waiting for us to fail so they can do their spawn hobbitry obviously we lost it.

I so wanted to TK them but whats the point, id be reported, weapon lock ... some notable outfits too, 'protecting' the spawn like their life depended on it but no care to go outside. Pfft.

What with lattice fakery and spawn hobbiting worse than ever things arent what I was expecting at the 6 month period.
  16. Cinnamon

I don't think I have ever seen some people shooting out of a spawn room turn the tide of a battle. If they charge out in numbers, sure, that can work.
  17. TrainerS2

Dont shoot from spawn room go out i kill you with my tank i w8 for your move and 20 other tanks :D
    Just go out i get free exp huraaa, so go out your spawn romm then try shoot if you sat inside i just waste time to get some smal exp.
    Sp players dont stay go out front of camping tanks and die !!!
  18. Talshere

I have NEVER been in a situation on either side of the coin where the defenders, once locked into their spawn shield, have staged anything even remotely resembling a defence short of a full entire organised platoon showing up to aid the defence.

If anything, being able to shoot out of the shield makes it WORSE because your sat there with 5-10 of you trying to push out and take points while 3x your number are sat behind the ******* shields farming certs. You just look at it, realise you actually outnumber the opponents, they just have a few tanks well place (but not being destroyed because youd have to be ******** to get a tank destroyed by shield farmers) pinning you in and if all of you ran out with a good number of HA or AV MAX's their entire force would crumble under the weight of numbers alone..... But no, they would rather lose the base and farm certs. Good riddance.
  19. LT_Latency

Yeah, i think they should change it back to let you shoot out of all spawn room.

If you get pushed back into your spawn room you are losing and then getting out when the enemy army can just sit there with 15 rocket launchers pointed right at the door makes getting our unrealistic.

It just makes the battle end quick and make people stand around waiting for a point to flip less interesting.

When you can't shoot out of the spawn doors, You can sit there on attack with a rpg pointed right at the door and fire every time a person attempts to step through the door
  20. NinjaKirby

After typing lots of crap out, I've decided the problem is the Players, and the Dev's trying to compensate with various game mechanics.

If random players would actually just unite under a temporary self-elected player wielding Leadership qualities to actually redeploy/regroup at another base, get some Vehicles or organise a Galaxy Drop, it wouldn't be such a big problem.

The Zerg flattens one base after another, because their defacto approach is "Follow the herd", as a giant wrecking ball they will smash through whatevers next. The "Defender Zerg" mentality is unfortunately "Let's all camp in the Spawn Room" once they've been pushed back.

Their "united effort" by default is to collectively shoot through the shields - some people will try and run out and disperse in tiny groups though. Sometimes enough people pick up on this latter approach; thus lots of people will run out and disperse into nearby structures in such sheer numbers, that the Attacking Zerg re-positions itself more broadly. Suddenly it's less "Farmy" and more about "Skill and Tactics", outwitting them by manoeuvre and being able to utilise your full range of equipment properly.

TL;DR Basically, I just think the default tactics/mentality of the Attacking masses outweighs the default tactics/mentality of the Defenders. /TL;DR

If some of the Defenders would just withdraw after listening to one guy say, "Let's do this", then regroup as an ACTUAL team, they could make a controlled push back against the derpy Zerg (which will have all weapons trained on the Spawn room) from different directions etc.

The final line I suppose though, is that it's ALL a Pipe Dream. Because (probably) the maturity of most the player base will not listen to this one guy, who's trying to form a suitable/realistic response to the situation.

Edit: I guess I can only speak for myself as well, but if I hear someone say, "Fall back to XYZ, we're gonna do this", I will, because anything beats being stuck in a Spawn Room. I do ponder just how many would listen to this Voice of reason though, just because it interrupts there Cert harvesting efforts.