Spawn Problems With New Lattice!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gary, May 26, 2013.

1. Gary

The whole purpose of the new Lattice as far as i know is to give clear options on were the fight should go allowing Defenders and attackers to make better decisions on what to do next instead of picking 1 of 5 connecting bases and hoping the enemy heads to you.

Circle'd in Red is the base we had been attacking. Circled in Green is the possible spawn locations The Blue Arrows show Potential Targets for the NC.

Why is it that the Attackers at the crown (TR in this case) Cannot spawn at the Palisade despite it being a possible attack location for the NC. Surely when dying in a hex you should be able to spawn at any base that is connected via the new battleflow lines..

All of the TR attackers die and they cannot even spawn at the what is most likely going to be the next target along the line for the NC.

Any base that is connected should be a guaranteed spawn location if under your control, Otherwse why give us better options and chocies to help us defend and then remove the ability to spawn at the next base =/

no chance to set up a defense unless we spawn at Zurvan and then go through crimson bluff and into the palisade.

Why the hell is Mao Tech even a spawn option!!!

[IMG]

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1f2yjo/spawn_problems_with_the_new_battleflow_map_has/

Link to the reddit post just get it as much attention on this as possible!
    • Up x 2
  2. jessewhat

Get off your lazy bum and drive a Flash
  3. Gary

Think you missed the point... By the time the defenders have spawned, Pulled a flash and got back to the next logical attack objective for the enemy they will already be in the base with tanks and they will have no reason to set up the defense since the base is already flooded with the enemy.

The whole point of the new system is to set up clear flow between the battles and enable defeners to better predict the movements and set up a reasonable defense. This is 100% useless if the next target is not a spawn option.
  4. 13lackCats

And now you know how limiting the lattice is. It will never be as adaptable as a human.

Unfortunately, gamers have been trained to expect computers to lead them about by the hand, sequentially, to eventually reach their well payed-for win. Its not the developers fault- this is about economics. If they don't do it, someone else will.

The only way to have the best games is to have free choice. If one can't figure out where the enemy is without following a line, then they need to take a moment to learn to use the tools in place.
  5. UberBonisseur

Relevant:
    [IMG]
    No I won't.

I'll just /suicide two times since it's faster anyway.
    Give us global redeployment already
  6. Loegi

Yes, you should be able to spawn at friendly bases that are connected via a lattice link to the hex you died in.
    What? This is a piss easy job to do for even the most rigid machine. You're really just trying to stir up drama for the sake of drama, aren't you?
  7. 13lackCats

Show me a machine that is as adaptable as a human.
  8. Loegi

What kind of a random unrelated and stupid question is that?

Please stay on-topic.
  9. 13lackCats

Do you not read what you post?

Jeez people..look at this. This is the demographic that is dumping money into the game.
  10. Loegi

Yes I do. Do you not read posts yourself? Tell me how that would be related then, I would like a laugh.
  11. Gary

Same thing happened again :( Fighting at one base get pushed back, can't spawn at the next base down the line =/
  12. Figment

Unfortunately for you, this has nothing to do with the lattice.

But everything with the supporting spawn mechanism that isn't providing the most logical spawn locations within the new system.

Unfortunately, people like you aren't able to discern sub-systems from one another and how they combine to form a superstructure.

You do realise we once had free spawning everywhere (all friendly spawnpoints on the map) and it ruined any chance of impeding spawn logistics by subterfuge and flank assault having an impact?

So much for freedom adding strategy to the game: freedom can remove strategy by strategies becoming void. In that case, it was the lack of ability to remove enemy spawnpoints to increase enemy logistical demands.
    • Up x 1
  13. 13lackCats

Word salad. Made absolutely no sense.

When playing a team shooter, only one thing voids strategies: death. Any other hindrance is a mental shortcoming. These mental shortcomings can be overcome via player ownership and adequate communication tools, or hidden, via play mechanics. In the case of the lattice, the choice of hide was taken.

Stop imposing your view of the way things should be on others. It is juvenile. And by all means, quit with the haughty talk. You made absolutely no sense, but the emotion was clear, negating any sense you may have made.
  14. NovaAustralis

You should be able to spawn at EVERY base your faction owns
    and that is connected by the lattice back to your WG.

There, fixed it for you SOE.

I agree with the OP.
    There are flaws in the current Indar lattice re-spawn options.
    A number of times, we haven't be able to spawn at a base that we owned, that was only one hex over... no idea why.
  15. Figment

Oh my, we have a debate winner here!

Oh wait, no, just someone trolling.

This is a topic about the spawn system not matching the needs of the players.

You come in here whining about the lattice (which is the amount of availabile links between bases that allow capture and has NOTHING to do with spawning) and continue to mock and insult others. Who is juvenile? You are sir. You are.
  16. Figment

On topic: Should be able to spawn at the warpgate, one link back, the nearest one or two other locations and the nearest AMS.

Should also have the option to bind to an AMS of your choice *physically as per PS1 matrix binding* and to a facility of your choice *physically as per PS1 matrix binding*.

IMO.
    • Up x 1
  17. SgtScum

Pubbie#1: Hey guiz we are lozing dis base soes we needz to fall back!

Pubbie#2: Butt dere ain't no spawn point in dat base we needs to go 2 next!

Wise old man on the side of the road: Gentlemen, have a couple of squad members fall back to the next base in line and pull a sundy so you can get back real quick and set up a defense!

Pubbie#1: Stares blankly.

Pubbie#2: Ohhhhh! I see! Wait, how do I pull a sundy?

The tools are there.. Too bad however most of them come here to the forums to poast..(ha!)
  18. Boomotang

The lattice has absolutely nothing to do with the the fact that you aren't always able to spawn at an adjacent friendly territory.............

I agree that spawning has to be fixed. At least make it so that you can always spawn at an adjacent friendly lattice linked territory.
    • Up x 1