Another drawback for the phoenix? really?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bill Hicks, May 23, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

So we get this annoying TV snow screen when the phoenix rocket either hits, or runs out of fuel. Wasnt being completely helpless with a hard to maneuver short ranged rocket drawback enough?

Give us the ability to see the rocket on the minimap so we can use it without having to memorize every feature and pray that the driver doesnt have half a brain to move a few meters.
    • Up x 4
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

Prepatch phoenix was meh. Postpatch phoenix is meh with a side of seizure. In fact, the only time the phoenix was actually useful was when you used the "glitch" that gave it DPS comparable to every other launcher in the game up to 200m (beyond which it still lost DPS)
    • Up x 2
  3. YesNoMaybe

I like that the phoenix shows a snow screen now. It makes sense to loose connection when the rocket blows up, it adds some realism to it.
  4. YesNoMaybe

Can't edit previous post.

After using it more, the annoying thing is how LONG the static screen stays up for. It seems like it stays up for a second or two.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

I would be okay if it went static for about a half second or less inside the camera viewfinder. Instead it does it for a full second across your whole bloody screen, even if the rocket didn't explode, just mysteriously vanished at 300m (btw, can we fix this too?)
    • Up x 1
  6. Kevorkian

The snow screen addition was unwarranted, and remains on the screen too long.
  7. ThreePi

Yeah, the big problem is that it takes up the whole screen and not just the viewfinder portion. On a 27" 1440p screen going from game view to static is incredibly disorienting.
  8. Pikachu

This nerf calls for a buff to compensate! I say restore infantry damage. :p
  9. Kon

10. urida

I understand why they put it in but that screen is annoying!
  11. KnightCole

The Feenix sucks....I will never actually have it. Only time I will ever use it is every 30 days....when im camping that roadblock Station in the north west of Esamir and the nearby warpgate isnt NC....

Ill take my dumbfire....
  12. MurderBunneh

:eek:
  13. rockNoob

Why would anyone use phoenix apart from MAX and infantry farm when u have full lock-on package for 500 certs??

EDIT: Almost forgot of the hoverlolomgpod scythe farm. You can kill like 5 in a row on a good streak.
  14. KnightCole

Lol, the Dumbfire, its easier to shoot and hit with then the Feenix. Plus im not standing stationary with a shoot me sign on my forehead. Dumbfire is good for AA, Anti Max, Anti Armor, Anti Infantry, Anti everything......

Feenix is good for Anti-User....

Dumbfire can 1 shot an infantry man and a ESF, Feenix cant 1 shot infantry, but it can one shot ESF.

Feenix has a max range, Dumbfire can shoot as far as the user can accurately hit with.

Dumbfire the user can move and shoot, the Feenix you have to stand still until the round figures out what its going to do.

Dumbfire loads faster cuz you can fire and reload. Feenix has to finish its round and then you come back to reality and then reload....

Oh and the Dumbfire is free, the Feenix costs to much...not worth its weight in yak piss.

Yeah, many, many reasons why I like the dumbfire over the Feenix...and yes, im deliberately spelling the gun's name wrong.
  15. Flashtirade

I can now never unsee the launcher as the Feeney.

I don't even use this weapon anymore. I'm not sure why they needed to add this in, when the weapon was fairly balanced in the first place.
    Thank god the deci was on sale.
  16. ColdCheezePizza

I stopped using it and tell everyone not to waste their sc/certs on it until they remove this idiotic eyesore.
  17. GoldenDeath

Yea, even before the changes it was fairly useless, although it was kinda fun so I don't think it was a big deal. With the static screen its just gone to fully useless so yea not planning on using it at all.
  18. KnightCole

Anything to make it look more panzy in the eyes of everyone :D
  19. Megawatt

I play HA as my primary infantry class, when not in a vehicle, and I also did a lot of testing with rocket launchers earlier in the year, the posts you might be able to find somewhere.

I have switched back to the Shrike. I will, rarely, switch to the Phoenix still depending on the base and where enemy armor is located, but Shrike is now once again the primary on my loadouts. I should have switched back earlier, because the primary reason for my switch the nerfed infantry and MAX damage but also includes the reduced flight speed and increased drop, all of which happened a while ago.

I consider the biggest threats to ground infantry (in my experience) to be other infantry, MAXes, and ground armor. I liked the Shrike because of its velocity, total damage potential, and dependable damage between infantry and armor targets. When the Phoenix came along, I opted to use it after much testing, improving my ranged accuracy against all targets at the cost of vulnerability while in cam. I also enjoyed killing ESFs and scaring away Liberators with it before they nerfed the rocket ballistics. After all the nerfs, here is what I do not like about the Phoenix, that used to be different:
    1. It had the same damage as the Shrike against all targets, even infantry. Now, we live in a world where a giant blue flaming rocket to the face of an enemy infantrymen is not a kill. Simply ludicrous.
    2. By and large, ESFs and Liberators now have no problem at all avoiding the rocket post-nerfs.
    3. Rocket drop makes dumb-fire unreliable at medium- to long-range.
    4. Rocket does no damage if shooter is killed before rocket contact, or if it eclipses maximum range.
    The snow screen is new, yeah. I don't mind the fact that it exists one way or another aside from the point that it is indeed way, way too long in duration, increases the HA's exposure.
  20. Celair

I feel it would be better received if it were less jarring. Perhaps a slight static reception that slowly fades in at the 250-300m range that doesn't obscure view too much (if at all). At least let us begin the reload during the static screen.