[BUG] Immune infantry

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Shf1f1ty, May 21, 2013.

1. Shf1f1ty

I know this has been an issue for a while, i'm just checking to see if anyone know's or has heard if the bug will get fixed soon?

it's happening more frequently of late where i find someone becomes immune to my bullets and no matter what range i hit them from they take 0 dmg. i know it's been around for a bit, but has anyone heard anything or any updates on this yet? it's doing my head in.

This happens both Close and Medium ranges. More often close though.
  2. Purg

Happened to me about half a dozen times last night - really sucks when you NC MAX. Squadmates were also complaining about the no AA damage bug heavily last night and we were being torn apart by Mosquitoes with no defense. Haven't even seen an acknowledgement of the bug let alone a proposed fix as yet. So unknown.
  3. G3arfried

happens to me everytime in close quaters that my gun starts shooting blanks and there are no hit markers when there are ppl in front of my gun and getting derped and pwnt by 2 guys who just ran up to me and took advantage of the bug lol.
  4. MajiinBuu

Deadzone. You gotta start MAX punching at that range.
    Your lucky your not using duel comets, deadzone at any range lol
  5. Blitzkrieg

You've de-synced then. I've been getting this a lot, it tends to happen if you de-sync from the game.
  6. vrcarnage

This happens to me a lot and it ticks me off. When it starts that; I charge and melee them to death. I have had days when I can face roll infi all day w/ no problem. Then I have other days where it seems like every other infi takes absolutely no damage.
  7. Shf1f1ty

its not a deadzone mate, when i'm on one wall of a room, and someone i'm shooting at is on the other wall (say cap point in towers) that cant be a deadzone. If they are standing on my toes, yeah, i can understand why SoE would do that.

Let's hope SoE get it fixed soon since from what i hear its been around since beta.
  8. Purg

That's not it either. It appears to happen when infantry move close enough under certain circumstances - they just become immune to you at that point. I've shot at one guy who was immune to me but was able to shoot and kill a teammate of his right next to him.. then to go on and play as normal. Same can happen with AA.
  9. Blitzkrieg

This does not occur at medium ranges, which the OP stated. If it's ocurring at medium ranges, this sounds more like desync than the whole being too close issue.
  10. Purg

Fair enough. You could be right.
  11. Xale

Falcons are worse on that part. Comets fire tighter together.
  12. BloodyPuma

Its not a deadzone. Its an old bug that was supposed to be eliminated [it happened from time to time] which got back with GU9 at terrible rate. Every forth guy that i shoot to - receives blanks. SOmetimes you need to stop shooting, sometimes you need to reload.

Lots of people experienced this today - lots of "yell's" about it on Woodman from VS/NC/TR
  13. Darkplace

I find that these problems, both the immune infantry and the no-hit flakking tend to happen during the biggest fights. Maybe there's some sort of collider limit being hit that's stopping hits from registering. If that's the case, then the new lattice system would only make that worse due to the bigger fights.
  14. Shf1f1ty

yeah, it starts off when they close in, they become immune, then no matter how far i am from that person i cant do any damage to them.

As far as i know it was never removed, I've had the issue for a while. it seems worse after this patch as you said, but I've seen multiple threads about this and as yet, heard nothing from SoE
  15. Terrahero

This actually happend yesterday as HA aswell. Died, got rezzed, turned around and started emptying my clip at the guy on a roof. Nothing hit, not a single bullet. And he then proceeded to kill me again.

Seems like a general bug to be honest.

On a side note, has anything changed about the Burster? I'm having a greater difficulty hitting aircraft over a longer range then i did before. Especially if i use lock-down.
  16. Naithe

Can you be desynced,m and have it sync up without relogging?

Personally I've been experiencing what Op mentions. I can stand about 10m from a guy with mercy. (that should be outside Deadzone range) and while I shoot suddenly for 3-4 seconds I get no hitreg at all.

Ofcourse someone will say I missed, and I have no way to prove I didn't but I don't find my accuracy THAT bad at such a short range, especially when the guy I'm shooting isn't ADAD'ing.