Video review of the Lockdown TR max ability

Discussion in 'MAX' started by belthazor3457, May 24, 2013.

1. belthazor3457

...title is pretty straightforward, no?

• Up x 8
  2. Lagavulin

Excellent.
  3. Badname0192

Gotta say those graphics you added there, pretty cutting edge ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. belthazor3457

I forgot to post these when I originally made my post:

The exact numbers on the firerate boost tests: Rank 5 in virtual reality. Listed tooltip bonus is 35%-50% depending on weapon system.

Onslaught had 7 rounds of 25 left, indicating around the 35% listed minimum.

M2 Mutilator had 28 rounds left, indicating around 28% (error margin would say 30-32% if we give it the benefit of the doubt) indicating a little under the listed minimum firerate bonus.

MRC3 Mercy had 12 rounds left out of 50, indicating around a 25% firerate increase. Compensating for an error margin, this is still below the listed minimum.

The M1 Fracture had 3 rockets left out of 10. The magazine is too small to identify if it leans on 30% or 35%, but it's around the listed minimum.

Burster AA had 7/28 left, a flat 25% - still below the listed minimum of "35-50% increase" according to the tooltips.

The M3 pounder only had 4 rounds, so it's difficult to identify what the firerate bonus is - but the third unanchored round was firing right as the anchored one fired its fourth.

The Heavy Cycler had 16 rounds left out of 60, about 25%
    • Up x 2
  5. Dragonblood

Lockdown feels except from AA totally underwhelming. Crouching feels more powerful.
  6. Terrahero

Thanks for the testing, i think this is pretty important information.

The tooltip was already very vague about how it worked "between 35-50%" without specifying what for which weapon. People can think they are investing a ton of certs in a 50% boost, but in reality its 35% or even 25% (half of what they might expect).

Seeing as they pretty much went with the minimum or even below the minimum with every single weapon, the tooltips are just flat out horribly misleading. I guess it depends on what the devs do, a fix is definatly in order.
  7. Roarboar

You keep talking about c4. get flak armor, notice now how you no longer give a **** about c4 and rather encourage light assaults to waste their 100 resources on nothing. Using c4 as an argument to hide the fact that lockdown is OP is hilarious.
  8. Singed

The C4 will still leave you weakened, so it's not hard for a LA to go behind a lockdown max and unload a clip into it's back.
    • Up x 3
  9. Roarboar

These LA's weaken me as you put it, all the time, after which they unload in my back. This usually results in me getting another free kill.
  10. GoldPlated

DUDE the pictures are awesome! hahaha im still laughing
    Good review btw :)
  11. Naithe

Uhh you know lockdown takes 2 seconds to unlock? By the time you got c4'ed and unlocked, you are dead no matter how you put it, bend it or twist it.

Is that wrong per see? Not really. Is it a MAJOR drawback YES!

Does this mean lockdown is situational? Yes!
    Does this mean lockdown has to be extremely powerful, when the moons are right, to be worth equipping? Well yeah?
    Does this make lockdown not relly fun to use the majority of time? YES just like that goddamn NC shield

I'd rather loose half the RoF increase, if it meant some sort of survivability increase when locked down. (maybe faster locking down as well).

Although personally I'd rather see a different ability altogether.
    • Up x 1
  12. Singed

Agreed, I think lockdown either needs either:
    A.) Instant unlocking from lockdown. The two seconds it takes currently will get you killed. Also a ROF increase to all TR weaponry.
    B.) The removal or reduction of bullet velocity, fire rate, and bullet speed in return for increased damage resistance. The MAX is too fragile as is to give up all mobility.
  13. Blackonyx

He forgot ESF road killing stationary maxes.

Really, standing still is the dumbest ability in any FPS. Lock down needs to give amazing, not underwhelming, bonuses for the huge disadvantage of standing still. Right now it is only usable for bursters. Anything else makes the max as easy to kill as the target dumbies in the VR. Against tanks, very easy target and the tanks can kill a max faster than a max with fractures can kill a tank. Mobility is a must. Against infantry, well even the NC shield maxes can get had from behind, and they can actively move.

The only max ability that is huge is the VS movement boost. The ability to move fast in a FPS is a huge advantage, why people will use speed hacks, not stationary hacks.

Lockdown needs a major boost to compensate for the lack of movement. 25% increase in fire rate doesn't cut it. I survive much better and hence do more damage with the Max charge 5 over the lockdown 5.
    • Up x 1