Decoy nades?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Rustygun, May 23, 2013.

1. Rustygun

Didn't see any mention of decoy nades being fixed (not creating enemy blips on mini map) in GU09 patch notes, was going to buy unsure if still broken or fixed. Has anyone tested it since patch?
  2. Scan

I didn't know they were broken.

Has this been confirmed somewhere?

It's impossible to tell if it works, other than seeing enemies chasing it after you threw it over a hill.
  3. Vaphell

in case they indeed go there you still don't know if it's not the emitted pewpewpew sound that lured them there.
  4. Scan

You have a point.... but in big battles there's a lot of pew pew sounds going on, and I am pretty sure the bit of pew pewing the grenade makes, wouldn't be drawing in these people. ;)

I don't use the decoy very often. I have done so in the past, and I thought it was amazingly fun to throw it somewhere over the hill, and see Magriders chase it.

The EMP is my grenade of choice though......so I guess I'm not able to answer your question.

But.... where did you get the idea that it is broken?
  5. KorJax

They were broken, just look up the youtube video review of them

The only thing they do (or did, dunno if fixed) was create gun sounds from the grenade, when they were supposed to ALSO cause minimap blips to happen.

IMO decoy's are useless especialy with lattice changes because it's going to be rare to ever find yourself in a situation that involves you doing solo infiltration against a small amount of people - where decoys are useful.

They are pointless in battles, and they are mostly useful for infiltration to take out a key objective. The problem with this is that all infiltrators can really do by themselves is hack terminals and turrets... something that honestly isn't a big enough deal to warrent making a build that exclusively goes around doing that stuff solo. So it's great for infiltrating solo, too bad there is absolutely no reason to ever do something like that.
  6. Rustygun

KorJax is right, heard it was broken from the infiltrator nade review video !
    where they had tested it with friends on enemy characters to see if it showed up on radar. I got them anyways and while unsure if that aspect has been fixed the gun shot sounds have done the job.

One example was when trying to take a point solo there were a few enemies in the point room. So tossed my decoy into a somewhat close building and waited till they emptied the room, ran in set up clays and quickly capped it. Ran out and kept taking them out till they got smart and jumped in Max. Still a good way to get enemies where you want them

I don't know what you mean by there is no reason to infiltrate solo (unless I am misreading this), we Inf's can do a lot of damage solo, like getting a base ready right b4 the rest of your guys show up by hacking turrets and enemy terminals to slow down their defense. A single infil with a smg can do a ton of damage if played right
  7. KorJax

I mean infils attacking bases solo, because there isn't much to do in a base by yourself if you can't cap it except hack turrets/terms. Which while nice, isn't exactly a big deal at all since all the important terms will be hacked back anyways in less than a minute by someone switching to infil to hack themback, and same for turrets.

Infils are pretty deadly by themselves but the fact that lattice forces the battles down a specific line of bases that must be capped in a specific order mean that infils will almost never find themselves trying to cap a base by themselves, and that there isn't much of a point to "softening the enemy" before your army gets there when the only thing you can do is hack terms and turrets.

The game desperately needs secondary optional objectives in territories as well as adding stuff like towers in PS1 (which weren't connected to lattice and could be capped at any time to offer a secondary angle of attack for your faction), and more things to hack beyond just terminals and turrets to make solo-infiltration something that actually happens. I've got fond memoeries as an infil in PS1 where I'd spend 20-30 minutes just trying to infiltrate a large base undetected, going underground to where the spawn tubes were and then hacking the spawn tubes offline to give us the advantage we needed to capture the base. It was intense.
    • Up x 1
  8. Rustygun

Part of the fun is hacking and knowing they will need to hack them back and you being ready for such things. toss a clay down for when they come to hack it back, keep recon darts on areas you have hacked (not hard once you have recon tool rank 4+) Also can hack turrets to shoot other turrets while keeping others hacked. Infil + eng will be needed then.

I go ahead of my outfit to soften bases 10 mins b4 they will show and it works great, I get in, hit the shields down and clay them, spend the rest of the time on turrets and getting easy kills . You can hack a ton of turrets b4 they notice and by then we have men coming from air and ground . Decoy nades can help get targets in the open and waste precious time. And finally hack vehicle term to spawn a sundy and depoly it so everyone can spawn into the base.