Lattice system: Dev's was this the results you were aiming for?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WildCatNL, May 24, 2013.

1. WildCatNL

The Lattice system has been tested on the test server on a small scale and people complained about it.
    Now it's live being exposed to huge numbers, the forums are flooded with more complaints about it.

I had a gut feeling this would happen, but also hoped it would play out differently and be a good system, sadly it my gut feeling was right.

What I would like to know and I'm certain that the heat maps will already tell a proper detailed story how the fights are progressing or stagnating when facing an equally large force. Were these the results you were aiming for or is it playing out completely different than to what you had hoped for?
    • Up x 2
  2. Naehloseht

You are not on twitter or reddit, so this will probably go unanswered, but I too wish to know.
  3. Nocturnal7x

4. axiom537

I love the lattice system it has greatly improved the game play...I am not sure what you are smoking...
    • Up x 5
  5. Rivenshield

The lattice is awesome. It's reduced backhacking to a minimum and gives us epic battles. It's made me upgrade my processor to a whizbang six-core because for the first time since release, I'm burning to *play.* What's your prob?
  6. f0d

people complain about everything but imo more people wanted/liked the lattice than diddnt like it
    it gave us big battles back which is what i really like about it
    who wants to play tiny battles all over the place? theres a game called BF3 if thats your sort of thing

"SIZE ALWAYS MATTERS" is PS2 and the way it was before was just tiny BF3 like battles all over the place
  7. Imij

Lattice is awesome. The 2 second delay on every action now due to the bad servers they have... not so much.
  8. Jeslis

I love the lattice system. Your seeing complaints because those of us that *complained* about pre-lattice.. are having a GRAND OL' TIME on the servers now that latice is here. TO STAY. So ****.
  9. Vashyo

Having the best time I've had in the game since...well ever.

I don't see a flood of complaints though, how many threads/posts do you consider flood?
  10. LT_Latency

I like it so far, Only problem is spots where this is no cover for miles. it sort of sucks when 100 huge armies are stuck behind 1 or 2 rocks,
    • Up x 1
  11. ChaosReaperr

It's not perfect, for example it really makes the spawn camping until cap time out issue show front and center... but all in all I think it's an improvement and the right direction.
  12. Sifer2

Yeah this. The maps don't feel designed for lattice. So the large battles are not as fun as they could be. Even so the lattice has brought back the big epic battles to Planetside 2. For that it should be considered a success. Just keeping working on the map design. Tweak the lattice if heat maps show major bottlenecks. Observe battles to see where more cover needs to be added.
  13. mindbomb

honestly, that is a huge improvement over waiting for an abandoned base to cap.
    The interim system without influence or man on point scaling without the lattice was really the worst.
  14. TheDrone

Some people like the lattice, other people don't. Some people would like an improved Hex, while others wouldn't.

It's all a matter of personal taste. Almost every worthwhile game out there caters to different kinds of players. Different game-modes. Different map designs. Different rulesets. Mods.

Who's to say that this game could only cater to one type of players?

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...be-in-the-game-on-different-continents.128648
  15. Dinapuff

People always complain when something new replaces something familiar, but the lattice is a definite improvement to indar, and the game as a whole is amazing for it.
  16. TheDrone

There is no need for a complete and utter replacement.

After all, it's a matter of personal taste.

In stead of arguing which should be everyone's favorite color, yellow or green, why not accept that people have different tastes? Why not allow people to play on a Lattice continent if they wish and then later on switch over to a Hex 2.0 continent later on?

Why force everyone to play Capture The Flag? What's wrong with having it co-exist with Team Deathmatch?

Why get rid of Empire space and only have Nulsec?

Why settle for staleness and uniformity? Why reject hundreds of players?
    • Up x 1
  17. St0mpy

I take it you havnt been in an amp station battle lately, try it.

Once your faction makes it inside its at least a cup of tea, several chocolate biscuits and a visit to the toilet long, or you could play the spawn hobbit shooting game, your choice.

Base waiting times were partly managed by the adjacency timer...yes it could have been tweaked but like everything else, no one looked for a solution or tweak, just rip it out too, the lattice is the solution for everything (except it isnt).
  18. LibertyRevolution

How are less choices better?
    How is ZERG vs ZERG better?
    How is not being able to win unless you have superior numbers better?
    How is no influence better?
    How is less sub objectives (gens) better?
    How is more spawn camping better?
    How is having to roll into rocket spam because that is the only place open to cap better?
    How is getting to the end of a lane and having to redeploy or drive half way back up the map better?

AND SO ON...

Oh its better if your the faction with the higher pop, and your outfit is the zerg, and you play HA and want more rocketspam kills...

They took a game that was conquest mode and made it into rush mode... Op metro.. Yay! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  19. 13lackCats

I am astounded.

How can anyone view contrived gameplay as interesting?

For me, variety, creativity, and outcomes based on the power of my eta's intellect is much more interesting than being funneled into the same tired battles under the same tired circumstances again and again.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheDrone

Yes, you value these things. Other people value other things. There's nothing wrong with differences in taste.

That's why we should have both the Lattice and an improved Hex.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...be-in-the-game-on-different-continents.128648