Go ahead and nerf ZOE to stop the whining

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChaosReaperr, May 24, 2013.

1. Jkar

What most people forget is the VS faction trait of high visibility. First our standard rocket launchers, then the Lancer and Vortex, now the hot pink ZOE MAX.

Those are drawbacks, if you use ZOE you're highly visible especially in circumstances that traditionally favored the VS, which is dark places. Now tell me how hard it is to spot a heavy with his shield up and how hard it is to shoot at him even through vision obstructing circumstances like smoke. Then think again if this isn't a major drawback. You can't hide if you're using ZOE, you can only try to run at the same speed as any other soldier on the field or turn it off so you get no benefit from it.
    • Up x 1
  2. LT_Latency

Right because seeing a huge max that goes CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK is really really hard. HA glows WAY brighter anways.

It's not a really trade off for speed
  3. ChaosReaperr

Absolutely... I've had it used to good effect against me, but you are maxing yourself obvious while enhancing your defenses while ZOE makes you obvious (and massive glowing tracers to track you back too) and decreases your defenses...

It's totally a "Shoot me" sign... and the tracers make it very easy for air and tanks to trace you back.
  4. Timperium

Since SOE hasn't nerfed Fractures and ScatMAXs ZOE won't get changed. Since Fractures and Scats are FAR more OP than anything VS has to offer.

ZOE is perfectly balanced. Especially considering 2250 certs is needed to have 1 bullet less to kill. The increased MS is not even that high.
  5. ChaosReaperr

You realize CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK is a sound and has nothing to do with "seeing"...
  6. LT_Latency

Any you do release it makes detecting a max very very easy without sight, So glowing doesn't matter cause you can hear them.

Maxes are huge and bulky when is that last time one snuck up you??? Are you really having trouble spotting any maxxes on the battle field???

It's doesn't matter in max verus inf because the max will still blow you away if you start shooting way before they do. That is the problem and why they should not be fast
  7. ChaosReaperr

So the glowing ZOE tracers makes it very easy to find it in a big battle at night, especially from a distance say from a turret, vehicle, air, or just with a rocket launcher (or something like ravens etc)... At such distances you either can't hear the CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK, or it's covered by the sound of massive battle.
  8. Spookydodger

Being that one in 50 vanu used a max before, and now 1 in 10 use it, I can imagine that is a big deal. It's kinda like fighting the NC in close quarters, in terms of numbers.
  9. LT_Latency

Dude you are just grasping and straws with this all people have tracers. Are maxes actually sneaky up on you because if they are you may want to go to the eye doctor.

You can make my max glow like the sun if I get to move faster all the time.
  10. applepienation

I play as TR and don't really see ZOE as OP. I was shot in the face by the Comets I think (The "New" AV weapons) by a max using ZOE, and it still took a few shots. I would have survived had I not acted like a dumba** and just stood their going "HURRRR".
    Right now I think it is just because people see ZOE everywhere, and get killed by people using it. The issue is right now there aren't really any decent alternatives.
  11. LT_Latency

They reason they are everywhere is the is no reason not to play them because they move as too fast. They reason you don't pull a max all the time is because they are slow and have trouble getting places.

If all the sudden or TR max moved way faster we would be spamming them harder to because they are just a awsome HA now. When people try to run you can keep up with them and put them down. You don't have to worry about walking around like a wounded turtle anymore
    • Up x 1
  12. applepienation

Again, no decent alternatives.

Random thought here, but what if ZOE automatically shut itself off when the max got to... 1/3rd hp?
  13. ChaosReaperr

*sigh*... ZOE adds bright glowing tracers... thats part of it's downside. Before you criticize an ability you really should understand it.
  14. LT_Latency

I understand it. But if I can already see it. It doesn't matter if I see it a little better.

Everything a max does is clear as day, so now it's a little extra clear. Who cares I could already see it before hand.
  15. Jkar

Ask that the infiltrator I walked up on and MAX punched to death today.
  16. LT_Latency

Good for you, You beat someone really really really bad. I beat you could do that while glowing too.
  17. Jkar

Actually I did.
  18. Inu

Where ZOE seems to really shine is Anti-Infantry, the enhanced mobility is king, and is enabled at rank 1, however if you don't have maximum rank ZOE, you're gonna die very quickly to Rockets.

What most don't seem to realize is the damage increase is very small, MOST do not even have max rank yet. 25% is not as big a deal as you think, especially when fights are so short at times already. Try it for yourself with anti tank weapons in the VR.
  19. DjUnicorn

HELL NO!

Zoe is a fun ability to fight against, challenging and interesting. Not only that but VS has had their max really weak for a long time, leave it as it is and get better at killing.
    • Up x 2
  20. Jkar

ZOE is only good against infantry if you have cover to duck in and out of. I guess we see a lot of bio lab campers complaining and not realizing that there are more bases around that are much more open, like tech plants, amp stations or small outposts where higher visibility is a distinct drawback. MAX weaponry is hip fire only, if you want to hit anything at longer ranges you have to stand still. Which isn't the best idea while having a debuff to your armor on and glowing for everyone to see.

ZOE is a real bullet magnet, I tried it in a lot of situations and you draw fire like there's no tomorrow if you should dare to use it in the open or god help you if it's slightly dark, then you're the only target to shoot at.