Seriously?? People are whining about the Saron now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightFalls998, May 24, 2013.

1. Zopp

The Vulcan on the prowler only got its looks update , stats are the same as before gu9.

the Vulcan on the harasser got updated to be a slightly less damaging version of the Vulcan from the prowler 120 vs 110 dmg per bullet or something.
  2. Van Dax

9/10 VS agree its op, however we will continue to use it because well we stuck with this guy when it was overnerfed we sure as hell aren't going to abandon it.
    Saron mk1 (release-ish) awesome enforecer sucked though
    Saron mk2 (most amount of non beta time i.e. the fire delay version) was kinda meh. The combined fire delay and worst velocity of the AT cannons didn't really go together well. (don't you dare complain about drop I don't even need ranging shots on the halberd and the enforcer due to higher velocity had less drop)
    Saron mk3 (GU09) lame as balls. got worse at long range and better at short range (all the TR telling vs that they shouldn't be going up close and thats why the prowler wasn't op and they just needed to snipe with saron and L2P can go to hell with this new version)
    Saron mk4 (hotfix) almost as good at range as the old one, and inherited a lot of the stuff from mk1 (like mk3 did but w/e) but got much more accurate and nooby at close range. COF certainly needed tightening to be any good close range, but it didn't need the new infantry farming power.

Theoretical mk5 return to two shotting infantry and I think it'd be fine.
    • Up x 1
  3. IronWarrior

LOL WHAT?

For someone with just under 3 weeks, you don't know what the frag you speaking about. Yes you can damage something you can't see, this has been a problem ever since beta and is still a problem now. The two biggest problems right now are AV turrets and other lancers which can both fire at targets where they can see the target, but the target can't see them because they don't render that far.

Tanks and liberators can also fire at targets far away while the targets can't see them. For example, Liberators who are flying maxed at altitude can fire at targets where they can't see the enemy and the enemy can't see them, but the damage is still given.

This is most common referred in game as invisible damage.
  4. Bolticus

The velocity was terri-bad.
    Don't know what you mean by "sniping".
    It has one of the lowest projectile velocites in the game.
    And it's a LASER.
  5. NightFalls998

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-a-blatant-nc-nerf.128692/page-2#post-1770637
    • Up x 1
  6. Ghodere

You cannot damage a target you cannot see.

Also, the Vulcan did get a buff. It's now more round and cartoonish and has some red stripes on the side.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rhiaci

Time to buff the Vulcan, Saron and Enforcer style. Max and Min CoF halved. Velocity doubled or Gravity halved. Clip size increased to 60. 125 splash damage @ 1m radius added to each shot. That doesn't sound unreasonable at all, does it?
  8. Fallout10mm

From what higby's stated, I'm thinking they're turning the vulcan into a anti armor version of the MCG.
  9. Naithe

Its fine for the Vulcan to be dangerous to air craft, or the Saron/enforcer be good against softies. but they shouldn't be the go to choice for people who want to hit said targets. but mainly options to ensure the tank can't put up a fight, Their main purpose should be AV. And I really hope the game goes back to having close range AV and long range AV.

Close range av can work if tanks just get some utility options to costumizing their tanks for it.
  10. joeretin101

you pull the trigger on infantry and you die, or you almost are completely dead. with the enforcer you see the rocket comming. with the saron it's poof dead. it's not the trazit of the vs to have such high damage! for cryin' out load the VS don't have a downside!
  11. The King

Saron HRB
      • Direct hit damage per shot decreased from 1500 to 425
      • Increased projectile speed from 250 to 300
        Inner Blast damage increased from 350 to 850.
    Enforcer ML85/65
    • Increased projectile speed from 200 to 300
    • Inner Blast damage decreased from 1000 to 450.
      Direct hit damage reduced from 1500 to 700
    They both go the same speed...
    Only thing different is, Enforcer has 10 ammo per clip while Saron has 6..
    And the Saron can shoot 3x faster, however, it has CoF.
    They both can 1 hit kill infantry. The Enforcer has a small drop at far range..
    I would say the Saron is stronger since it has the higher Rate of fire..
  12. f0d

its funny how people are not complaining about the enforcer when its pretty much exactly the same
    i personally dont think the new saron is OP but i would still rather the old one back (minus the fire delay - i hated that)
  13. NightFalls998

LOL noob enforcer and saron have the same speed.
    • Up x 2
  14. Fallengamer

Must be nice to complain about weapons in a faction that has no bullet drop on any of there weapons. That in it's own write if you could actually learn to aim is a buff for every weapon.
  15. jiggu

I'd actually prefer if they buffed the vulcan with high accuracy and projectile speed rather than nerfing the sauron and enforcer
    • Up x 1
  16. Jac70

I had a little over 2100c in the bank. Me and a buddy trialled the Saron H and like it, when the trial ran out I bit the bullet and splashed some certs on a Saron for my Magrider. Never bothered with it before. Added a night vision scope and increased the ammo count.I was down to about 1070c.

Had a blast, took down Sunderers and tanks, troops and Maxes. It's a much better weapon than it was. It's not easy to hit targets when you're moving, other than armour when you're in close and you can spam it. After about ten minutes I looked at my certs and I was back up to about 1150c. Played out the rest of the alert which was about 35mins and I finished with 1360c. Certs were flowing like water. This thing is gonna pay for itself in a day :D
  17. phreec

For everyone saying the Vulcan (MBT version) is useless, it's the most effective anti-lolpodder weapon there is. I got obliterated by one of those when I flew close to a Prowler in order to shoot at it from behind. Seriously, I died faster than I could blink...

I've since then paid more attention to what top cannon Prowlers have and bombard them from afar. (LOL, maybe it is useless after all)