Lockdown - practically useless.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by TallPaul_S, May 22, 2013.

1. BloodArmoredApostle

Situation abilities. Ok, strategy I get it. The truth about the matter, went up against NC at a biolab ineffective....VS at a Watchtower...ineffective....VS at a biolab ineffective. In every situation i have used the anchor ability your more vulnerable to being flanked...So explain putting a VS max against a TR max...the VS max wins...a TR max against a NC max...NC wins.

Everyone has opinions but VS maxes seem to have the upperhand. They have quickened movement plus a damage increase. I mean one shotting infantry all the way. So, they are mobile and able to use the ability pretty much without breaking much of a sweat. NC same they won't need a dash if they put a shield up and survive a C4....but no...TR gets the MAX DeathTrap ability. Easy target for any group of infantry...no boost to defense or anything...the lockdown time is rediculous by that time you might as well have not locked down and just used a burst of speed to chase targets or get away from enemy fire. I have yet to see many implementations of this new ability simply because most people don't like the ability it sucks. VS MAX can kill a anchored max too easy even if the anchored ability is maxed out. It's a useless ability...everyone whos saying oh pick up and move when done firing um..by that time you are C4ed grimly or so badly damaged its pointless to move on. Im talking about survivability here too VS and NC have the upperhand. TR is a sitting duck with this ability its trash...needs a revamp. Im not using this ability for nothing. I mean, what rely on other infantry to hold a position within the platoon and have a assualt fly in the room and drop C4 in your face? No thanks, ill take the charge ability over the anchored. I have only seen maybe out of 10 maxes a total of 2 maxes that use the ability and they end up dead...these are high level players with skills using the ability. i mean ive played against the TR max...so easy to out manuever...its not even funny. Even if spawn camped or locked a hallway down with 3 maxes and some engies get some heavys or light assualts and clear the way....i mean this is from battlefield experience.comparatively that ability is useless.

BloodArmoredApostle/DarkArmoredDisciple
    • Up x 2
  2. BloodArmoredApostle

Oh, yes lets not forget all the chaingun nerfs and gattling weapon nerfs our maxes went through to add on top of it being ineffective. So, yes we are going to sit ontop of a generator for 2 hours guarding or a sundy dude...really youll be dead in 5mins outflanked even if you are smart lol.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bill Hicks

TR max on a cliff
    engineer ammo pack
    fracture

nuff said.
  4. void666

I'm starting to agree that lockdown is not that useful. It's great for AA. It's ok against armor. And crap agaist infantry.
    Takes too long to deploy/mobilize.
  5. BarxBaron

Ofc lockdown is frickin' useless.

This isn't PS1 where maxes have actual durability vs small arms and AV is necessary to crack them.

Lockdown for maxes DOES NOT WORK in PS2 - they are too frail. Period.

You may find some SUPER SITUATIONAL use outside in wierd *** hidey holes but beyond that - completely useless.
    If they take away its ability to effect bursters it will literally be a waste of certs.
    • Up x 2
  6. irongodau

Useless???? BAHAHAHAHA
    • Up x 2
  7. FacistFreedomFighter

Good Kills, I love watching NC blackened by flames.

But seriously Lockdown is an amazing defensive ability
    • Up x 1
  8. Tycoh

Been using the TR Lockdown max for a long while, even in test server. It really really lacks in anti-infantry, the only thing its good for is for long range AA where the aircraft can't outflank your view. Against tanks? Just use a lock-on or a TANK!
  9. MaxDamage

In an untouchable spot, directly above a sunderer, halfway up a cliff.
    How often does this happen?

Now compare this with NC shield and VS ZOE, both of which are useful instantly in all situations.
    • Up x 1
  10. soeguud

useful for what? no seriously you're just as likely to be C4ed, rocketed, and shot up. In terms of damage mitigation you're better off just using the MAX sprint ability. Close distance? MAX sprint ability. None of this walk slowly up to the baddy whilst three players flank you and pour lead into your nanites.

let us bloody melee with the Aegis shield and then i'll be more considerate about VS/TR's max issues. or an Aegis sword.
    that'd be more NC than the crap we've been given.
  11. void666

Busters were already OP against aircraft. I've been using lockdown to shoot aircraft.
    Yes, i can damage them faster. But it's not a big difference.
  12. Dreadnaught Wrex

Personally I only ever use the lock down mode for my fractures to fight armor zergs. Aircraft are too mobile to really use my bursters.
  13. TommyXXL

the same thing can do an infiltrator on top of a hill, headshot a whole enemy team if not countered.
    • Up x 1
  14. irongodau

If not countered? This max just soloed 2 infs 2 assults 2 sundees and 1 lighting and came out clean.
    it's all about how you use the ability. In this situation the TR MAX is unstoppable. its called pros and cons and each faction has them. If anything the poor NC got robbed. A shield that barely covers the width of the max? cool.

ALL THE TIME!?!?!? THIS IS WHAT YOU DO AS A MAX, you find a vantage point and reign HELL!!!! that has always been the purpose of the max.
    If you stand inside with a TR max lock down and aim at the door, your now Unstoppable. quit your ********.
  15. Tycoh

The ignorance is strong in this one. How many times have you been killed by a lockdown max in close quarter combat....None? Not a surprise.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ztiller

That's what strategy means.

Strategy is not to wait for the good oportunities, but rather to make them happen.
  17. Tycoh

You can't make opportunities happen when you're bolted to the floor. Lol
    • Up x 1
  18. Ztiller

No, but it's your job to find a spot where bolting to the floor will be beneficial.

You don't use Shotguns for Long-range combat. No, if you equip a shotgun you make sure to fight where you have the upper hand, in CQC, and the drawbacks of the shotguns are minimized. The exact same applies to any strategic maneuver, including both lockdown and the Riot Shield.
  19. Sh4w

I'm having a blast with lockdown.
    I think it is better than the shield but slightly pales in comparison to what the VS got.
  20. James Seth Lynch

In all honestly the ZOE seem to just make the VS go down faster and give my engineers more certs.

The ZOE is easier to use but gives much less of an effect compared to a well used lockdown.

Now lets burn this heathen for making this thread.