ULTRA wins Mattherson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LanceTR, May 23, 2013.

1. Badgerhax

Man, its almost as if our alliances were coordinating and responded to the threat of a two faction assault with strategic placement of troops?
    • Up x 1
  2. DamageKing

Oh, I don't doubt that this was the correct action during that situation. But it does not negate my statement that this base is cheap. Bad design. Basically it's currently the key to capping/holding Indar. One base should not have that much influence.
  3. Hellhammer

actually it was the TR who continent capped Indar first...I was part of it
  4. Cyridius

We capped it first and held is for months. Then it went neutral for a few more weeks. Then VS ghost capped it at like 3am. Then it went neutral again for a few days. Then VS ghost capped it again. Then TR capped it. Then VS ghost capped it. Then TR ghost capped it. Then the famous hacker incident where VS capped it(I.E. now). Nobody has made an honest attempt for a continent since we all realized how meaningless it was when one person could stop any offense or defense if they really wanted to, and then if there was no hacker it was also nigh on impossible to take Scarred Mesa - especially with last night's situation where it was a 3 way, which is impossible to in in a normal base, let alone Skydock.
  5. supafly223

So all you have to do to win this game is zerg down one side of the map on one continent, ignoring the enemy taking everything on your flank? I had no idea it was this easy!
  6. exLupo

Beating one enemy 1:1 when another takes your holdings, not terribly impressive. However, it's better than the VS or NC is capable of so what does that say for them? If the TR are a joke for accomplishing something the rest cannot...

And, before you bring it up, a 3am overpop steamroll of Indar is not an accomplishment.

It's all about who is the smartest kid on the shortest bus anyway. /shrug
  7. RealityWarrior

LMAO When I logged in last night at that is absolutely what the map looked like. Then VS started pushing out (Nothing to do with me I was at Skydock) Then an alert for Indar happened and we pushed WAY out and won the alert.

Looked to me like TR ghost capped and started prime time with a huge head start and then (once again) couldn't finish the job then got pushed way way way back once a concentrated force started to apply itself. Not saying that is actually the case, just my perception of it.
  8. Sebyos

NC sucks and VS was defending only 1 hex so what's the fuss all about ?
  9. EliteEskimo

[IMG]

Oh you just wait... :eek:
  10. EliteEskimo

The only thing we were missing were NC Sunderers next to ours supporting us 100%, and an NC Hacker killing 600 Vanu within 30 minutes to take the Skydock, that is after all what it took the VS to get TR off the Skydock.;)
    • Up x 2
  11. AngryPlayer

ULTRA wins again!
  12. Holomang

And yet, look what happens to VS when they have to take TR on head to head with even populations. They get demolished and end up with their entire faction sitting on Scarred Mesa.

The saddest thing about last night was just how easy it was, you'd think with all the talking VS do they could at least back it up a bit.
  13. Strykar

Yeah yeah, as long as we have the lock we won't ever hear the end of this. Not going to deny that you guys got super shafted that night, and even as a VS if there was something I could have done to prevent it I would have for the sake of fairness. But my point remains.
    • Up x 1
  14. ChaosReaperr

But how did you not get crushed by the OP ZOE ;)
  15. RykerStruvian

ULTRA is the name of a depeche mode album

i like depeche mode

• Up x 1
  16. FrankManic

You capped Indar and held it against all comers for two entire months? Congratulations! Your achievement has been noted!

Oh, wait... no, you got lucky one night after a massive, massive change in the game threw everyone off balance.

But seriously, guys - gold star for effort. I mean, it took you two entire months, but you finally accomplished something worth mentioning. I'm so proud of you.
  17. Holomang

There were no comers, in the course of those 2 months VS faced maybe 3 serious attempts to break their lock. Within days of a system being implemented that actually forced you to stand up and fight against the TR you drop it and drop it badly.
    • Up x 1
  18. FrankManic

Yes, great commanders often have trouble when they're forced into a box canyon with no strategic or tactical options what so ever and forced to fight two to one odds in a siege that has no chance of ever being relieved.

Your great accomplishment was that you managed, for about half an hour after two entire months, to avoid attacking the NC.

Congratulations. My hat is off to you, truly.