Overlay

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FishEy3, May 24, 2013.

1. FishEy3

I want to ask a little thing: is it possible to use the info overlay in this game?

For info overlay i mean the HWINFO alongside with the MSI OnScreen Display server, to have, during the game, an overlay tab wich tells you the condition of you'r hardware (i'm having issues with the game recently, and i want to check, in real time, my system).

Is this possible, or the overlay will be releaved as something inappropriate?

Thanks for the answer ;)
  2. susspect3

i have looked at this and if it is the riva tuner you are looking at i do be leave it will set off planetside 2 anti cheat software i remember reading that the riva tuner gives you this warning, HWiNFO64 on the other hand i use and have done for a while with no problems.
  3. FishEy3

yeah, i wouldn't use the riva tuner, just the hwinfo alongside with msi onscreen overlay.... 'couse the msi got a "stealth mode", but i would prefear not using it, 'couse that could be quite fishy....

Thks for the answer
  4. powerz

You know it's a sad state of a games anticheat when people have to ask if they will be banned for using a overcloking utility overlay........just sad.....

I would immediately say of-course you can use it, don't be ridiculous, but with SOE....who knows, they have been banning allot of legit players lately based on the activity log YOU upload to sony every time you hit the log off button.
  5. FishEy3

And that's exactly why i'm asking.... it would really be a shame if my account would be banned becouse i used such a harmelss program, so i better ask before using it....

It's a shame, but i want to be sure about it....
  6. powerz

I think the only way to get a direct answer would be to submit a support ticket with the app name, links to downloads and application information and just express you want to be 100% sure that it isn't going to an issue with their anticheat. Outside of someone from SOE directly commenting here I think that will be the only way to be certain.

That being said i have personally used MSI's afterburner's overlay ingame, both the beta and the release candidate, i dont run them everytime i game but I've had no issues and it's a pretty popular overclocking utility so i doubt there will be any long term concerns.