How to balance the ZOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, May 23, 2013.

1. DonC

The ability is fine as it is, in fact I think it could use a buff by removing the extra damage intake and an activation timer is inserted, see the problem comes when stuff like high damage weapons like the comet come into the picture or warping happens, the abilities are all fine but certain stuff do not work with them, those are the only problems.
  2. Sifer2

Funny thing about Infantry though is they have to slow down to fire accurately due to Ironsights. ZOE MAX gets to speed around firing on the move. And it's still more durable than a HA. It's basically a super HA with an LMG that has perfect hipfire accuracy. Not much reason to play anything else. Nothing situational about the ability. That's why I don't expect it to stay this way.
  3. Whargoul

Funny thing is... you obviously don't play a MAX.
    • Up x 1
  4. Van Dax

The problem is for those arguing against ZOE is that you haven't provided a single video of the ZOE warping-its either videos of normal people warping(i.e. regular lag) or well they just claim it is. I play from Canada on miller, an EU server. I have 100 ping to it and rarely see warping and I saw no ZOE warpers either. Please show me actual footage or else I can't actually empathize at all with what you are saying.
    • Up x 2
  5. xWarMachine

ZOE needs to be nerfed... the only ones to object are VS plain and simple.

The DEVs never know what to give the VS so they start out OP and will be nerfed...

Ill bet ZOE gets nerfed in 2 weeks or less, Ill put money on it.
    • Up x 1
  6. PaperPlanes

And the lockdown makes a TR MAX a super Phalanx turret with perfect accuracy. And the shield makes the NC MAX a walking spawn shield with deployable instagib splatter cannons.

What's your point? You're just ******** that the VS for once have something competitive, you and the NC have gotten way too used to your OP toys and now that the VS got something on-par with the stuff your two factions have enjoyed for months, you whine about it.

It's not OP. It's just that the TR and NC have had OP stuff thrown at them like hot cakes and you guys deluded yourselves into thinking it was balanced, so instead of heavily nerfing a lot of your toys, the VS just finally got something awesome. And you can't handle it.
  7. PaperPlanes

Kinda like you were the only ones to object to potential Striker nerfs even though it greatly imbalances aircraft for the other two factions.

You're keeping your 500 meter range lock-on cannons, don't get so bent out of shape when other factions get fancy new toys in other areas of the game.
    • Up x 1
  8. Whargoul

ZOE does't need to be nerfed... the only ones to object are NC and TR plain and simple. CWUTIDIDTHAR
    • Up x 1
  9. NucNuc

Yeah, like the Lancer, or, you know, the Vortex. They had to be nerfed to be actually good, you know...
  10. ExarRazor

how to fix the ZOE:

leave it alone. there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. now that vs maxes aren't the lowest rung of the food chain, people are suddenly screaming its OP?

friggin hilarious
    • Up x 3
  11. Almaru

So, VS finally gets a decent buff (i'd consider it a buff despite it not being one), after having had the magrider nerfed months ago (never used one, hate its design), having had the worst of the worst MAX weapons up until, what was it.. GU7?
    The GU where they increased the accuracy and improved its ranged ability.

And you want it nerfed?
    How about you let the VS enjoy themselves for once during a GU?

Nc MAX's were OP as hell up until the nerf.
    The Reavers AH was OP as hell, especialy against the scythe due to you know.. Pancake design.
    But it was nerfed.
    The vanguard is infinitely better than the magrider is in its current condition, considering its massive amounts of Armor, the shield and the damage it causes per hit..

Tr time! -
    The striker has effectively (since its implementation) been forcing Scythe and Reaver pilots way the hell out of TR territory until its been spawn camped for 20 minutes.
    The lockdown TR MAX is now able to kill an ESF in less than 4 seconds, Lockdown on a ridge or a cliff and spam spam spam away with fractures or pounders until the army is dead..

The VS population is still quite low and its certainly not helping that all the new players will look at the VS population, ask themselves "Do i wanna play for the challenge.. Or do i want to play the empire that has a sweet character creation tune..? Hrm.. Choices. NC it is!" ...what? Thats why i chose NC back in december. Damned character creation screen song lied to me!
    I thought i'd be playing all day every day, but nope. ..Moving on.

GU8 VS MAX's got Vortex's which sucked, then got buffed a few days after, then this patch it was nerfed again.
    When first implemented the Vortex could what, kill another MAX with 6 triple charged shots?
    After damage buff, it could kill another MAX with 4 triple charged shots, now its back to 6 again.

NC MAX's got the raven's which are pretty good, somewhat fun to use.
    And a lot less buggy as far as I can tell.
    Also has the nice benefit of allowing you to at least TRY to defend yourself.
    Try that with the Vortex's 100 something damage per click, you wont like it.

Silly me, forgot to write about the fracture before i posted... Ahem.

TR Fracture.
    A friggin semi automatic AV weapon that works better against infantry than the other empire's MAX AV weapons, now also capable of being shot up to 40% faster and have 40% higher velocity!
    Cause yeah, these things definitely needed more speed and more range.
    OH and faster reload with lockdown too.

Edit, done. Read on!

So yeah, how about letting the VS enjoy themselves for once?
    Is it really that hard to accept that the VS for ONCE got something good out of a GU?

NC and TR have gotten way to used to seeing VS MAX's as a walking ballerina with hairdryers on its arms, rather than a mech suit with friggin automatic Lazor LMG's.
    Suck it up and let the VS population for once actualy enjoy playing the game.
    Or is that too much to ask for?

My apologies for the long post, it just frustrates me to see people whine and moan about the VS being TOO strong in some way.

Seriously.. First GU in months to actualy make the VS feel fun to play And ofc NC and TR are like "NOPE! YOU PLAY VS, YOU MAY NOT HAVE FUN!".

Now if you excuse me, im gonna go watch anime with Real mech suits in it. ...And real lazor LMG's.
    • Up x 2
  12. Bill Hicks

Ok heres another idea.

While ZOE is active the max cannot be repaired.

You're welcome
    • Up x 1
  13. Van Dax

stack on an activation/de-activation time and you've got yourself a reasonable balancing measure rather than a nerf into uselessness!
  14. MrGurrenLemfox

they already been nerfed on 3 level, damage, reload, and magazine size . what do you want more of us ? only one barrel? shooting flower? give out rainbow ?
  15. Bill Hicks

well that might be too much. I would say a reduced repair of 75% if combined with a activation timer.
  16. Van Dax

works for me.
  17. Shockwave44

Like the lancer and lasher...

TR players don't have jobs.
    • Up x 1
  18. Total_Overkill

Ask any VS engi how easy it is to repair a highly damaged ZOE Max ;-p
    (TF2 Scout/Medic comes to mind)
    • Up x 1
  19. Shockwave44

This is why they have stats. You don't determine what is and isn't nerfed. Especially after 2 days.
  20. phreec

What really boggles my mind is how they can simply toggle it on and off so easily. It either needs a prolonged de-/activation time or be a cooldown based ability that can't be turned off like Charge (minus the shooting/melee interrupting part).