Crashes after Update 09

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kuddlesworth55, May 22, 2013.

1. kuddlesworth55

Well it's in the title that I am getting crashes just after the new update 09. I have no idea why it is crashing but it is after a few minutes of playing. I have a GTX 680 EVGA Classified and an Intel i7 if that might help with the diagnosis.
    • Up x 2
  2. Ubad00d

Same on Ceres, my whole outfit getting disconnected.
  3. kuddlesworth55

Are you getting crashes or disconnects. Because I am getting crashes.
  4. Ubad00d

Whoops misread title. I am getting disconnected.
  5. Puppy

I am also getting random crashes after a few minutes. Though I was able to play once without crashing for a while.
  6. kuddlesworth55

My game isn't crashing know but I did get a disconnect for the first time. Even in the Beta I didn't get a disconnecet.
  7. XPTO77

Well i can´t play anymore! i press instant action and i get a crash everytime when the map loads, if i go from wapgate i last a bit more like 1 or 2 minutes then crash again, i am on Ceres btw and game was fine for me before update.
  8. DoomMaze

I'm also getting random crashes after update 09 ..... last night had 4 crashes in space of 3 hours tonight its unplayable....crash every 10 minutes or so
  9. Labrat

I've crashed about 10 to 15 minutes into playing both times I've played after the latest patch. And these arent' crashes I'm able to recover from w/o cutting my power. The game suddenly freezes and sets there. I've never experienced any problems like this even through beta..
  10. Labrat

Okay, locked up again after only about 5 minutes. I'm running win7 x64 with a nvidia geforce gt 435m.
  11. Sleeepy

Mine crashes as soon as I click play to launch the game. It won't launch. :(
  12. ruan

since patch 09 my client has crashed once on start up , but 3 times during game play i have randomly been redeployed to another part of the map .. has anyone else suffered from this .. whats going on?
  13. ZyZer

Somthing wrong with GU09 - I've got "outofmemory.txt" after crash.
    It's first time since I've got 8 Gb RAM and installed Win8 x64 in march. What is goung on???
  14. Luperza Community Manager

There was an issue that was causing zones to crash. This is the same issue that I commented on in a previous thread. It should be resolved now.
  15. kuddlesworth55

Even after the bug fix I am getting crashes.
  16. Voraen

Briggs just had a mass disconnect during the recent amerish alert like 15 minutes ago. Everyone on that continent got disconnected. Issue still appears to be very much alive. Report has been sent in game.
  17. The King

What graphical settings are you all using?

I generally crash more often and notice that when I click or do something in the sametime as someone else doing something is when I crash.
    Like if I went to press left mouse button to repair as soon as someone is in the harasser pressing shift to burst. I would crash, it doesn't always happen, but each time I do crash, it is when similar things like that occurred.(me doing something in the same time as someone else)
    I think it may be because of sound.... But I remember back in UO days, it did it like that. Client Crash when I opened a bag(made open bag noise) in the same time when someone casted a spell(which made noise) Which annoyed me, so this is really noticeable on PS2...

But these crashes was before GU9 anyways.... But I seem to crash more often, along with my brother.
  18. kuddlesworth55

I run the game on the max settings with the quality in the .ini file set to 0 for the maximum texture resolution. However for some reason the graphics quality has been set to Ultra which I think SOE just added so you wouldn't have to edit the .ini file. I do have motion blur on but I doubt that is the reason. It may have something to do with the server merge but I don't know if it had anything to do with my server specifically.

If we make enough racket about this they will see it so start posting your settings and any information you have which will help the dev team.
  19. The King

I notice I crash less when I put particles lower than high.
    Then again, it could be just a coincidence,,,

I had everything on Ultra except shadows.
    But it gets really hot here and my laptop might get too hot. So I set the graphics to medium.
    Still have ultra textures.
    Shadow is always on low.

Still, I get the crashes when I do something in the same time as someone else(of course, I do not crash every single time though)..

When you get a crash, think of what exactly you did and what happened around you..
  20. DoomMaze

Hi Luperza, with all due respect..if you read the posts in this thread it is not related to Zone crashes. I am still crashing every 10-15 mins...I never had this before GU09. A number of people are having this problem, can you confirm this is being investigated?

thanks