tracerless Lancer--->obsolete tanks--->battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by prj3ctm4yh3m, May 23, 2013.

1. SgtBreastroker

GLANCERGLANCERGLANCERGLANCERGLANCER
  2. Macchus

it seems to be a decent launcher , that takes off the same amount of health at least off any vehicle i drive, as any other RL . its just as dangerous to the user , due to being out in the open, as any lock on or dumbfire . one bonus that it shares with the DFRL and the phoenix is that it doesnt warn the driver with an annoying beeping sound and the words LOCK ON.... so maybe you VS should use it more instead of shunning it and learn how to use it effectively , and then use it that way ?
  3. Doctor?

Sooooo when did they buff the Lancer so that it doesn't have any tracer? Last I knew it left a brightly glowing line in the air to act as a giant "I'M RIGHT HERE YOU GUYZ!!!!" for the HA that just shot it.

OP, are you sure you're playing PlanetSide 2?
    • Up x 1
  4. Vorxil

If only it had a better scope...
  5. Springheel Jack

I lol'd

Bro, do you even Lancer?
    • Up x 1
  6. Rhagnor

Should have a big huge tracer/laser graphic. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

And it's rather a nice weapon, if a bit lackluster for solo play. The only time it is really devastating is when it's coordinated 4-5 man strikes against a single target. Then again anything coordinated with AV weapons is pretty lethal against armour.
  7. metrotw

The difference being that every other thing in the game you can see coming (well usually, rendering be damned).

At least with rockets, lock ons, AV turret etc..the POSSIBILITY exists that you can somehow avoid the shot either thru cover, flares, smoke, breaking LOS etc etc. With the Lancer you just flat out evaporate.
  8. Jadith

Lancer is far better than people give it credit for. Works very well when solo or in small groups. There are, of course, a couple tricks people rarely seem to use.
  9. Kelu

Not true, I'm a Reaver pilot for the NC and I get lock-ons all the time and never use flares however I rarely die from them since if you're a fairly competent pilot you can maneuver away and get behind a tower or rock.
  10. TintaBux

They everywhere on Miller, any veh comes close, good bye in no time.
  11. Blashemer

I think it's time to take your graphics settings off Low.
  12. Sebastien

He's right though. The beams don't render when the Infantry is beyond render range.
  13. theholeyone

Yeh, its baffling how they made tank rounds go so slowly, and not be able to OHK anything, then made the lancer hitscan with such a devastating force as to punch through even the warpgate sheilds, boring a hole right through auraxis and leaving nothing but a fiery wasteland.
  14. Roll Fizzlebeef

Not obsolete, but this is where it is supposed to excel. You have to close the gap and get rid of the HA's.

No tracers? Are you sure on the right forum? Let's just ignore THAT GIANT BRIGHT STREAK POINTING TO THE PERSON SHOOTING AT YOU!

Wrong again... stop moving in a straight and/or predictable path. And if you're on an open field or plane, you are unwise to pull anything larger than a Harasser until they are dealt with.

HAHAHAHA! HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

HEY! EVERYONE! HE SAYS THE LANCER IS AN INSTAGIB!

LOOK AT HIM! LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH!

But seriously... no... stop it. NO!

HAHAHA! TWO LANCERS? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Last I was in a Lancer squad, it took at least 6 of us to hold off enemy armor. We didn't make many kills, we just hit them from a landing pad and let the ESF's get the kill with rocket pods.

oh no! we have to use tactics now?! We can't just pull our cert farmers whenever and wherever we want!?

Then go back to battlefield, because that has sooo much more strategy.

I agree with the loss of strategy input with the recent SCU changes.

Also, C4, tank mines, Decimators, Phoenixes, dumb fires, anti-armor lock-ons, AV MANA turret, anti-vehicle grenades, Ravens, Falcons.

Take your pick, make a plan, execute plan.
  15. Shockwave44

Well, harassers can't fly yet.
  16. prj3ctm4yh3m

well fk. maybe its the striker. i dont know.
  17. prj3ctm4yh3m

its instagib in the sense that theres no leading required. instahit sound better?
  18. Skadi

19. prj3ctm4yh3m

high/ultra settings. custom ini i guess may be a factor. ill check.
  20. GSZenith

only seen it twice, once when vs almost got gated, not a single veh came within render before just gone.
    second time randomly drove my new upgraded vanugard was gonna test spe- ?? kill screen. lancer lancer lancer.