If you think that LATTICE remove strategy:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, May 23, 2013.

1. elkikko92

I like the gameplay on Indar because:
    -It's fun defend a territory (not only attack)
    -The bases are more defensible
    -Losing an amp station/big facility now is very hard
    -ZERG ARE GONE
    -(...)
    A lot of players write that there isn't strategy with lattice system; I agree for now but is a step for a good metagame, becouse:
    -Now we have battle only on Indar (and we have 4 platoons VS 4 platoons battle in a territory) because there are no players on ESAMIR, AMERISH and HOSSIN, so SOE has to relase the 4th continent
    -SOE has to relase lattice system on ESAMIR, AMERISH (and HOSSIN)
    -SOE has to relase MISSION SYSTEM to improve the metagame
    -SOE has to relase NEW RESOURCE SYSTEM with maybe Ntu and new hotspots
    You can't write 'HEX system is better', becouse in 3 continents there are too many hotspots; do you want strategy? Wait a goodmetagame with new resource system

LATTICE IS A GOOD STEP FOR METAGAME

Please like my reply (if you like !)
    (sorry for my english)
    • Up x 1
  2. StayFrostyGents

The Lattice is zergs on rails.
    • Up x 1
  3. BalogDerStout

What he said.

Lattice is the first step in serving the Hive
  4. Liquid23

anyone who thinks lattice removed tactics and strategy doesn't understand the meaning of either of those words
    • Up x 6
  5. Figment

They've been spoonfed with simple options for so long they forgot, or rather, never learned, how small squads can be effective IN COMBAT. After one day they can't say their role has been gone, they've not adapted and try to apply the same pointless wild goose chase that made them feel effective before.

However, they're right in that the game lacks objectives and some supportive elements for small squads. Unfortunately, this isn't the thing they realise, they just blame the funneling - which is in fact favouring smaller groups of defenders a lot.
  6. DoomMaze

Hex was just zergs roaming around the map avoiding each other, what great gameplay that was!!! Now the zergs have to fight each other, and guess what...strangely this produces large scale battles, even more bizarrely this actually fits in with what PS2 is supposed to be and is advertised as ....a large scale MMO FPS with huge epic battles.
    • Up x 5
  7. Emerald11

Please share your knowledge wise man.
  8. Figment

Rushlanes are zergs on lanes, but there's more lanes than there are zergs. Have you tried switching tracks, creating tracks and skipping portions of tracks to harass from other directions and prepare grounds? No? Hmmmm.
  9. Tamas

Ghostcapping bases = so much strategy involved!

Plenty of bases to capture, plenty of various player amount fights (from +48 to 1-12).

The ones that are whining are the ones that won't be getting free exp from ghostcapping pointless bases without any strategical value.

I love the new system. It was one the things that kept me playing, because I knew things would change to something I love.
  10. elkikko92

GUYS, THE POINT IS: stop to say "lattice removes strategy", they have to release lattice on 4 continents and a new resource system. The actual gameplay is not the last one; I know you are angry becouse you see ZERG vs ZERG (zerg in hex system was more big) and there isn't strategy for the outfits, but this isn't the last one gameplay: THERE ARE ALSO ESAMIR, AMERISH AN HOSSIN to spread all the population.
    Lattice system is a good step
  11. datfluttershy

Please dont forget that there is, apart from ginormouse Outfits, medium and small sized outfits also public and casual players. These Players need simple to follow direction in order to enjoy the game.

Lattice doesnt stop you from using individual squad tactics nore does it stop you from preemptive strikes, flanks, ambushes and what not. If you are smart enough to not just follow "the blinking line" you will be fine with your team.
  12. maxkeiser

Eh? You don't call 50+ magriders and assorted sunderers, aircraft, infantry, harassers a zerg? This is ALL I saw last night on woodman.

Just HUGE swarms of magriders (I was in one myself lol) surrounding bases and shelling the hell out of them.
  13. elkikko92

Zerg in HEX system was more big than LATTICE. And read my reply, this isn't the last one gameplay
  14. Darkplace

Bigger fights doesn't necessarily mean it's a zerg. It's not like your next cap location is a mindless choice (though it is a little simpler now that you have fewer options).
    It's more about prediction of movement now and setting up a defence in preparation for the attack, as opposed to running small squads base-to-base protecting your *** from ghost capping back hackers.