either Recert or cert refund Your choice SOE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrGurrenLemfox, May 22, 2013.

1. SencneS

SethRuin - I am not going after SOE for maybe $10... that's stupid

But it's pretty clear SOE made changes without actually looking at what could happen and had little regard for it's current customer base. It's not a good idea to piss off customers, yet SOE appears to be very good at doing just that.

Put it this way - At the moment they have nothing but bad press about this, word of mouth on the internet about an internet game will spread very quickly very fast. If SOE do the right thing by the customer, they'll have nothing but good press about it. For what? Zero cost?

They have my money already, so if they choose to adjust my SC up a few dollars it cost them nothing to do so. It's pretty much a win win, SOE don't get bad press, they get good press instead, and the customers are happy.
  2. LibertyRevolution

What they did to saron, then upping the price on halberd at the same time, would be the textbook definition of bait and switch.
    The replaced my weapon with one that is different, then offered me a similar weapon as I had with a different name at a higher price.
    TOS does not supersede laws, SOE is treading on dangerous ground.

We need to be loud, we need to keep making these threads until they refund us CERTS for the changes they made.

I have put up with a lot of changes, but this GU09 is my line in the sand and I'm not going to take it anymore..
  3. MFP_TK_01

Again with making **** up. Terms of Service is a legally binding contract that you agreed to by clicking I accept. There is no retailer state law that magically overrides this contract.

Please, go after SOE and film it. I would love to see the lawyers reaction on youtube (they'll be serious and professional of course, but I'm hoping one will sneak a smirk in).
  4. whitupiggu

From the first link.

The FAQ on the page you buy SC from says SC is not refundable.
  5. VinLAURiA

Yeah, I'd like to see the difference back in certs for stuff that I spent a higher price on, especially considering that people already got cert refunds on stuff they ended up owning due to SC purchases on another character when the account-wide unlocks hit. I'm not angry about it unlike some people here, but I really hope SOE ends up giving us back what is now essentially wasted progression points.

Actually, in US courts at least, state law will always override any ToS or EULA where applicable. That's why so many EULAs have clauses like "in jurisdictions where this consumer right cannot be waived, this section is considered void." He's telling the truth: the legal binding of any ToS only goes up to the point where the ToS conflicts with established law - in that case, the law always wins.
  6. GroundPounder

idk..I was stupid and bought three items twice got 38000 certs back..on all three toons!

;)
    • Up x 1
  7. MFP_TK_01

Before we give the poor guy false hope, I see the claim on the TOS
    But I would like to also point out:

#3 - He doesn't even own the cert points in the first place. You can't ask for something back that was never yours in the first place.
    #4&5 - He can't claim that he lost cert points or the equivalent value of the cert points should SOE change them, which they did.
  8. MFP_TK_01

:eek:

I want 38000 certs.....
  9. GSZenith

erm what are you talking about?
    remeber wow? remeber how 1-60 used to take a while in vanila, and look at it now?
    and advantage hu? you make it sound like 1000cert gun should destroy new players.
    This is a good thing allowing new players to get a shotgun/cqc ar/battlerifle/scout on inf rather than having to wait for 1k smg/pump etc.
    Don't forget lockon now they won't have to get 1k cert just to deal with air or armor if they don't like being in a MAX.

also
    https://www.soe.com/termsofservice.vm?locale=en_US
  10. SencneS

You're under the impression I'm actually going to take SOE to court over maybe $10...

The fact that SOE want to do things to piss off customers is what annoys me. I like this game and I don't want to see it die because SOE choose to do crap like this.

It rubs people the wrong way to set a precedent, then not do the exact same thing again when they lower the cert price. Look if you want to go on and on about how WRONG I am about looking out for the customer, then go right ahead and feel free to. Just don't expect me to consider your word or opinion with any value, just as it's your right to do the same for my words and opinions.

I think what they did is abrasive and degenerates customer's good will towards SOE... Soooo sorry for standing up for the apparently many customers SOE just stomped on...
  11. hypeiv

why no "deal with it" images?

The paying members got raked over the coals over complaining about not getting the free month...
  12. Roy Teppert

I bought a DVD player in 1999 when they were $500. Now they are only $20. I want my money back!!! rabblerabblerabble!!

13. MFP_TK_01

Well what can I say, you are the one all talking about bringing your state laws in to battle SOE. Maybe stop making BS claims and I'll getting that impression.

PS2 is dying!

What you are wrong in is all covered in the TOS, which you have successfully proven that you have read. That last part was sarcasm by the way.

But you are correct, they did set a precedent. They said, in the contract, that things will change. That is a constant. You, having signed the contract, agreed to that precedent.

You go White Knight.

Since you are looking out for the customers good will, I will ask a question again that many you criers avoided the first time:

If SOE were to raise the price of an item, should they be allowed to deduct the difference from your SC account or cert points?
  14. SgtScum

All of those have cutthroat competition and they have to fight to retain market share by whatever means necessary.

Who is planetside 2's competition? Also note that soe did refund certs on the items purchased with cash when the account level unlocks went live so even they do things like that too.

But items bought with certs are not under the same constriction as those are bought with time and not money.

Sure you might argue that membership costs money but then again you already saved a bunch of time with the increased certs per day bucket and higher rate of xp which of course translates to moar certs.

No state has any law like that. Refunds are 100% up to the retailer unless its defective and even then there are no clear laws on that subject either.
  15. SencneS

If that meant they would issue refunds to anything they lowered the price to as well.. You're damn straight I would agree to it...

I gave you the two links. One from California GOV and one form California Consumer Council.. Meh... people who don't read all posts shouldn't comment...
  16. MFP_TK_01

Finally a glimpse of honesty, though I would have to wait to see if it really would be true, or if people would just complain that they logged in and were missing SC/certs.
  17. SencneS

You don't know much about retail theory do you....

And I've been honest the whole time. I just happen to have all those Tank weapons that increased in price, and I would gladly exchange the 750 cert points it would cost me for the 3550 cert points I'd get in return. So feel free to continue to try and beat that dead horse lol...
  18. MFP_TK_01

Like you know the TOS

Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!
  19. SencneS

Yeah I'm still waiting on the No Return/Refund Policy notice whenever I purchase a lease for goods from the in-game store front.. When we finally get that, your TOS argument becomes valid, until then State Law applies.
  20. MFP_TK_01

Link the law please.