[Suggestion] Allow us to replace launcher with ESW

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Glythe, May 15, 2013.

1. Glythe

Why aren't we allowed to replace our launcher as a heavy assault with our empire specific weapon?

Every faction weapon has a glaring downside and seems extremely situational. It would seem far more reasonable to let us drop our launcher for our empire specific weapon if we were so inclined. The heavy assault really doesn't have utility and this would fill that role perfectly. Indoors launchers are a 1 hit kill and giving that up is a sidegrade to a team oriented weapon.

On the plus side this would guarantee everyone who regularly plays HA would buy their faction specific weapon.
    • Up x 3
  2. BH Brigade

People would cry OP about the NC, as we would always have a shotgun in our back pocket, but yeah I like that idea.
  3. Flukeman62

we could have a shot gun in our back pocket MCG (basically a LMG) + shotty.
  4. Posse

Would be OP as ****, specially with NC at Biolabs or other places where vehicles can't get.
  5. Shellana

And no rocket launcher.... I like the lasher it is situationally useful, but I just cannot see myself giving up my RL for it.
  6. Ganjis

I could see myself using SMG/SG and lasher in indoor battles. I currently use Orion and dumbfire for cheese kills.
  7. Casterbridge

The idea is interesting.

If Rocket Launchers were reworked to be a little less useful against infantry, and the ESW were tweaked a bit could be cool.

The Lasher would seem to be in the best spot for this kind of setup, the TR Gun could work but needs a bit of tweaking, the Jackhammer, not sure. The other two factions would be switching to a more suppression type weapon as their secondary, the NC however would be switching to a medium ranged shotgun, not sure how that would play out overall.
  8. ArcKnight

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the ultimate shotgun loadout ( loadout name: Hybrid Scatter MAX )

Piston/Sweeper/Pump-Action
    Shotgun Pistol
    JackHammer

but I'd prefer the lasher since its far more effective using splash damage while moving in closer
    • Up x 1
  9. Glythe

It's cheese to have launchers in biolabs... if you are a decent shot.

Letting us replace the launcher with a faction specific weapon is actually LESS cheesy. Not to mention SOE would make money. I call that a win for everyone.

I'd still rather we could replace the pistol with the empire specific heavy weapon... but THAT would be OP. However giving up your launcher for that weapon isn't.
  10. Hibiki54

I would take my rocket launcher over the Joke-Hammer any day.
  11. ladiesop

I really like the Jackhammer actually, but I don't think I'd use this. At the moment, I'm using the Jackhammer and Decimator for Biolab, tower or small base fights, and the SAW S and Phoenix for outdoor, more long ranged work, and Anchor and Decimator for slightly larger bases or biolabs.

With two 'gun' weapons, I'd hate running into MAXes indoors and vehicles outdoors (the latter is why I mainly played and play more Heavy Assault when I started, as I initially wanted to use Medic more but got frustrated in not being able to scratch vehicles).