Extreme server side lag

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by SirJMD, Apr 7, 2013.

1. zgunner

It's like SWG all over again. Except SWG had a nice 2 year or so run before it sucked. This game still feels like a beta, so it's hard to compare it to a game that was completed before launch.
    • Up x 2
  2. SirJMD

Any news?
  3. bullet56

I'd like to know if there is any news on this as well. I just picked the game up again this week so I cant say if this has been a long standing issue or not.

I've been desynced for about 10-15 mins now on Mattherson. I've been alt tabbing in and out every few mins to see check if Im still desynced by either shooting a rocket at my feet, which does no damage, or shooting an equip terminal, which also does no damage. The desync happens randomly during fights or just walking around. There is no fight occuring arround me and there are no people around me to even cause any sort of network issues. I was fighting 1 NC from killing a shield gen when I desynced and couldn't kill him. I ran back to the Spawn room and have been chilling since. As soon as I respawn or log out, I'll be good until it decides to desync again.

Specs:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz
    12GB RAM
    Radeon HD 5770
  4. Kaisuke7

Yesterday this happen to me, I head shot a heavy, no death, I get 3 more body shot on him all in about 6 seconds, no death.
    -server Connery West
    -Gun Parallax
    -scope 10x
  5. bullet56

I found another thread with people who were experiencing hits not registering. Page 6 has 2 videos of people recording during the desync or whatever the issue is.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/new-bug-hits-not-registering.90009/

Someone had said that the issue was with EasyTune software which comes with Gigabyte motherboards. He had said that he disabled his Smart Fan feature and it had solved the problem, but he later came back and reported having the bug again. This fix seemed to have worked for me last night. I played 2 hours without having any desync issues at all. If it pops up again with the fix in place, I'll check back in.

My Gigabyte motherboard came with EasyTune 6 software.
    Motherboard: GA-880GA-UD3H
    I don't know if having the motherboard will help the bug team or not, but there it is.
  6. bullet56

Nevermind. I desynced 22 minutes into play today and then again around 43 mins.
  7. arima123

i'm going to leave waterson >.>
  8. SirJMD

EXTREME lag on Ceres on Indar right now. I've never seen desync this bad - peoples mossies would actually despawn mid air, and re-appear later.
  9. SirJMD

By accident I recorded the massive de-sync. Jump to 1m30s - nothing happens until then anyway.
    Look at all the mossies disappearing and reappearing on the mini-map.

10. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Thanks for the vid mate. No news yet, but I'm going to forward the video as well. Thanks again!
    • Up x 1
  11. Talon97

Exact same problem here.
  12. Qitanyu

Same problem on Woodsman, using an ASUS motherboard.

I have no motherboard tweaking software installed (took it out ages ago)
  13. Timeraider

i do have to agree that lately in woodman at times.. and i never had this before .. that even though my fps was above 50, it would still have the feel of 25. Which is not pleasant to say the least.
  14. Qitanyu

Follow up 1:- I just finished a 3 hour session with no desync. All I did was uninstall a Razer mouse software which I _thought_ I uninstalled months ago. Unfortunately, the driver went with it, but good old windows drivers seem to work fine.
  15. Nagard

I just thougt I would report those problems for Cobalt as well. I will try to post again when I can pinpoint an exact time of day.
    • Up x 2
  16. SGT Ace

Instead of asking us about opening ticket, can't you just msg to Pro7 to reset servers? :/
  17. Zopp

always great fun when you can't play on Indar, because repairs/heals/ammo resupplies do not work.
    Its a daily thing on cobalt these days.
  18. Nate

Waterson has massive lag on Indar currently. I had to repeatedly restart repairing a vehicle in order to get it fixed. What should have been one squeeze of the repair gun instead took about 10.
  19. Ashkb

Massive lag on Helios Indar during alerts. Does not seem to be linked to number of players as lag starts as the alert starts. This makes Indar unplayable for the 2 hours of the alert.
  20. Zopp

its getting worse and worse , now we are seeing it regularly on Esamir as well , Cobalt Server