Good Game Waterson

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Czuuk, May 19, 2013.

1. IamDH

I was once an inventor, i invented the hovering car
    [IMG]
    They couldnt handle the epicness of my invention and turned me down
    • Up x 1
  2. Czuuk

They will pay the price for their lack of vision.
  3. Zakuak

Good fights all weekend IMO!

Was nice to see some nasty battles with NC and I couldn't believe I saw VS in numbers in other places besides Indar.
    • Up x 1
  4. Czuuk

Sneaky VS are sneaky.
  5. IamDH

i dont think ive ever seen a group of VS
    Why doesnt any1 join the VS?
  6. Xind

I think its the aesthetic more than anything else. (I think the MAX suit looks cool) They just don't look very intimidating, nor awesome. I like the purple/black scheme, but the weapons, the weapon sounds and the whole spandex cultist thing probably doesn't attract a lot of new players or convince many people to switch from the BAD *** looking NC or the 'just-better-looking-than-VS' Terran Republic.
  7. IamDH

Hmmm i guesst you are right, maybe if we gave em stronger weapons people MIGHT join
    • Up x 1
  8. ({x})Kyoji

PS2 is and has always been a numbers game. Sadly for Waterson the VS have always been low man on the totem pole for numbers, but with those low numbers we have triple captured several times and made NC and TR loathe fighting against us. It wasn't really until the server merges did the extra influx of TR and NC put us under the water. The developers did a great job merging servers (sarcasm).
  9. Xind

They don't need stronger weapons. Statistically speaking their weapons are our weapons with a purple paint job. Extra clip =/= No Bullet drop as both are worthless, IMO. What they need is something that makes them feel different from TR without being grossly overpowered. They've done this for NC (although, they do feel grossly overpowered) and it's why a lot of people play them, because they have variety and a lot of fun stuff to play with. VS/TR have mostly the same infantry guns on each class with shockingly little difference between the classes or factions.
  10. Error-G37

The near 3 way tie from the other day was definitely fun. As in most of the Alerts it started off with VS and NC focusing most of their troops towards the northern front to push back TR, as any other strategy usually ends up with TR taking majority of the territories. While there are some fights in the middle of the Southern territories near crossroads and surrounding areas, it was obvious where most of the platoons were headed. Given Vanu's recent relations being like that of an ex girlfriend trying to destroy Terran territories, we were forced to tend to our western front before being able to split evenly towards suppressing NC firepower as well. This, naturally, lead towards NC pushing well into Mao Tech and nearly capturing Alkali mining and the firing range outsite of our warpgate. After bouncing back to fight the NC, VS again pushed into the North West bases. Given the almost loss of all hope that TR had in winning the Alert, it became clear that NC started to trickle into the South West and fight the VS. Now, with about 30 minutes remaining, the TR had just enough time to fight off the weakened NC front from Mao, as well as recapture our North Western territories while the VS and NC were starting to fight each other, and as the TR begrudgingly held onto Hvar Tech despite the masses of Vanu.
    The fight for first came down to the final minute in what seemed to be a fair spread of platoons. TR ended up with a slight lead in territory control, as well as a ~2% population lead on NC as well.

At least this is how I remembered it :) Good fight.
    • Up x 1
  11. Czuuk

This is a better recap than I remember. :D
  12. IamDH

I think that US should merge tbh. It will be a lagfest tho
    VS could have been a great faction based on its lore
    I find the VS vehicles best atm, its just the waepons were a huge let down so i joined TR where the zergs were at
    (after asking Kim Jong un ofcourse)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Xind

I honestly feel like Air and Ground vehicles are the best balanced Empire Specific things in the game. They each feel a little different. They each have people that swear by them and they all perform fairly well in most/all of the capacities they can.

I wonder do they have a different guy for vehicle balance and weapon balance?
  14. IamDH

I like em too they are awsome
    I killed them in cold blood
    REST IN PIECES
    http://2.bp.************/-9MclFl2Na8g/TgBEt5MIfZI/AAAAAAAABnM/1C4J5jspXsQ/s1600/serial%2Bkiller.png
    • Up x 1
  15. Jobarra

• Up x 1