[Suggestion] My idea to combine continent locks and metagame: Super Carriers!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Killy80, May 16, 2013.

1. Zakuak

Agreed, while I see Killy80's attempt to rework the current maps and warp gates I feel his idea would instead be a welcomed system on some of the new maps, leaving the current maps as is (with the new lettuce system of course).

Lots off good ideas in here.

The 3 carrier bases are not faction static. I am not sure how they'd go about doing this, some sort of initial capture mechanic so carrier A is not always NC, B not always TR and C not always VS. I guess if you centralized the initial spawn point for all 3 carriers? Hmmm I dunno about that as soon that would mean everyone is back capping each other in a race lol.

Well I am to fixed on the idea of the carrier when really it's just a launch platform so yeah Gals and vehicles aren't stuck to operating just around the carrier.

Total ramble as I read what I wrote I see I contributed nothing to the discussion lol...It's early and this makes my head hurt.

So BUMP =)
  2. Killy80

Overpopulation and warpgate locking are a problem in any way. If continent locks come with the current warpgate system, it's much harder to defend from a lock from an overpopulated faction. Carriers would at least give you a last stand.
  3. Sebyos

A huge fight from Carrier to Carrier YES ! I like the idea.