how much would you give up for a PS1 cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by illgot, May 14, 2013.

1. illgot

If I remember, the PS1 cloak had no timer. The player could fire from cloak, was perfectly invisible when crouched, but they had no primary weapon and less health.

Would you give up your shields and primary weapon for that same cloak?
  2. CruelStriker

Give me back all my certs/station cash for the crap I bought and spent on primaries and im up for it.
  3. illgot

This would just be a cloak option added into what we already have. Equipping this cloak option would just disable your primary weapon and shields.
  4. Dr. Euthanasia

Yeah, I'd give those up. I'd give up my utility slot too and wouldn't even ask for the ability to fire while cloaked.
  5. Oakwalker

I don't think any of you ever played PS1 in its prime.

A stealthy was always a free kill, hardly ever a threat, the only time they did something productive was when they hacked a door, or a mainframe, or my BFR.
  6. illgot

people would not have implants to see infiltrators cloaked in PS2.
  7. Oakwalker

Oh yes they would, Dev's already spoke about adding implants, and its likely blacklight is coming back as well.
  8. Amouris

Just low graphic settings to make them stand out like a sore thumb.
  9. Sockpuppet

man, if they put in Darklight without a SIGNIFICANTLY better cloak, I'll be making my Engineer my main all the time, not just when I'm helping out the Outfit....

and infiltrators COULD do plenty if they were played right. I jacked COUNTLESS AMS' and changed a battle by single handedly disrupting the enemy's ability to mount an effective ground assault. properly played two infiltrators could even sneak past a darklight carrying AI max to rehack a base, or do some awesome hit and runs.
  10. Liav

I don't think something like that would work in PS2. Our cloak is effective, but it's too ineffective to warrant something like that. If they're going to add a 100% hard counter to the cloak, then the cloak needs to be perfected invisibility. Honestly, I'd rather they make the cloak more consistent now, and not add any hard countermeasures to it. We all know that every single player in this game will run it and basically entirely mitigate the class.

Even as it currently stands, hacking isn't important enough to change the course of a battle. The fact that we can cloak + SMG masses of enemies in the back is the only saving grace of this class. If hacking was all we could do, I'd go reactivate my DAoC accounts.
  11. Kcalehc

I'd rather a some more options for cloaks:
    - a cloak that has no timer, but I cannot fire or move while cloaked.
    - a cloak that grants complete invisibility, but uses up nanites slower while stationary, and faster while moving.
    - a cloak that makes my player model appear to be an enemy combatant; but does not change my 'dorito' or my weapon appearance (someone 'Q' spotting me will see that I'm enemy {red triangle}, otherwise no dorito will be displayed - the cloak breaks upon firing and has a slightly longer cooldown and duration). Or even make it so I have no cloak, but can 'hack' an enemy corpse to steal their uniform; a little tricky as respawn is quite quick though.
    • Up x 1
  12. SGTWOLF68

I'd take it.
  13. MajiinBuu